quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I'm recovering (I think)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: January 11, 2006 12:54 AM    Post subject: I'm recovering (I think) Reply with quote

Hello everyone.... I talked with my pulmonary doctor today about the test results from the CAT scan of the lungs and lung function test......he said " the nodule in the upper right lobe shows a decrease in size" HUH? what nodule????? so he will repeat the scan in 6 months...by then it will be 2 years and we should be ok....should be????? This man, he knows me so well, he only tells me bits of it....that way he can do all the worrying if needed as I would be worrying needlessly.....On the lung function test...I have an 87% capability to expell the air and he mentioned something that was at 63%....he was reading a report so I did not get all of it....I did get that the 63 was not great but was not horrible, terrible or anything like that... Laughing Laughing . so, he said to keep using the two inhalers and call if I needed him.....I thanked him for being alive and not dead....Oh, if I had of been dead, he would have called....smart ellic... Laughing Laughing Laughing

I am feeling much better since he added the second inhaler and I got a flu shot.....maybe things will smooth out now....I never thought I would miss that damn lizard but hey....these thighs are really tight these days and it ain't muscle either... Laughing Laughing

I keep thinking...Why did I wait so long to quit????? Why didn't I see all those damn stop signs, flashing lights and little green men???? Maybe I should have tried the wine along time ago....Hmmmmmmm.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 11, 2006 1:13 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad things are looking up for you, kay. Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 11, 2006 9:38 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you are feeling better!

As to why we didn't quit sooner....I think the answer is different for everyone. Mine is two fold. First, I really wasn't scared enough. And, I don't think I truly loved myself the way God loves me. When those two things changed, I was able to quit.

Keep going, Cowgirl UP!!!!!

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 11, 2006 10:04 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should'a, would'a, could'a, Kay.

What's important is what you are doing NOW, and that's being the best person you can be. Wink

Doctors are never happy it seems, until they can find SOMETHING to tell you to improve on. Be glad you're alive and kicking...we are!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: January 11, 2006 10:45 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy to hear you are improving.

Smile

Essie
4/14/04
wiley

Quit Date:
March 20, 2005

PostPosted: January 11, 2006 11:11 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is good news Kay!

hang in there and get better-

Wiley
swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 11, 2006 12:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kay,

I'm happy to see you back and feeling better! Very Happy

It's useless to regret not quitting sooner....you didn't....I didn't...but look at us now!!!! Our power is only in this moment and it's how we live this moment that counts.

Donna

Just when the caterpillar thought his world was
coming to an end..........God made him a
BUTTERFLY.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: January 11, 2006 2:11 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are all so right...it is today...this moment....this very second that is so important....I plan on living each one the best I can...to be the best person I can be...one the almighty will be proud of....
Kay

kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: January 11, 2006 9:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Kay. Sounds good to me. I, too, use two inhalers. Hey, it sure beats what we could have been going through had we continued to smoke.

Hang tough -- you're on the right track.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: January 11, 2006 9:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't help it Kay - I wish I had quit earlier too. No wait - I wish I'd never started. Regrets don't do any of us good I realize that but sometimes I can't help but wonder.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: January 11, 2006 10:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sure Kerry....I wonder too! I wonder what type person I would have become...would I be the same or completely different? I guess it is just human nature to to wish things were different once the lightbulb comes on!

I just hope I can be enough of an influence to keep the grandkids from making the same mistakes I made...sure let them make their own but this one has been done already!

However, I have learned on this site to take one step forward and not look back so that I must continue to do....at least I don't think of the past as a pleasant adventure Laughing Laughing
Kay

Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: January 11, 2006 10:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just hit me. Maybe that is your purpose - to stop future smokers! No matter how negative something is, I always try to find a good in it. Maybe this is "our" good - to discourage anybody else from taking our road.
Deb

Quit Date:
February 5, 2010

PostPosted: January 12, 2006 8:43 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay,

I'm glad that your feeling better. I too often wonder why I didn't quit sooner Question but, it's a hard thing to figure. We all know what Scowling Demon does to our bodies and still we ignore all the warnings. The most important thing is that we are quit now.

Your setting a great example for your Grandkids hopefully they will learn from your experience. Very Happy Lateley, I've been telling younger kids not to smoke, don't ever start, etc.... I don't think they realize at such a young age, how serious of an addiction it really is and just how it kills people. Most children see smoking as being cool and at that age health is never an issue.

Deb
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: January 12, 2006 6:17 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Deb, they do not think it is serious...although, my own daughter should see the light but then she never was good at seeing stop signs Laughing I pray that someday, somehow the youth will turn against the smoking industry with a vengeance.
Kay

Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: January 12, 2006 9:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kay, Glad your report was good. I have to tell ya, I ask myself alot why O why did I ever start in the first palce? I am so glad to be free! Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: