quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I'm recovering (I think)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 13, 2006 3:48 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kay, so glad to hear things are looking up for you! I too used the Inhalors and may start them again. I think I told you I will see my lung doc in a couple of months for the COPD and the annual x-ray. So I keep fingers, toes and all crossed for that!!

I guess we all wish we never started! I certainly do! As to why we didn't try to quit sooner....well, at first I was just so young and so healthy, that I didn't even equate smoking with bad health....how dumb was that! People probably mentioned it, but hey, it's hard to believe something like that when you are feeling so good. I think that is part of the problem of convincing young people not to smoke...few have the basis in an adult reality, yet they are adults, but they are still just so young, and they just don't take it seriously enough.

After that, at about age 40 I did get serious about quitting, but I simply was so addicted I couldn't seem to do it! I still don't think I could have without this website and the Support group, and also FFS and their major contribution to our education. THe other thing that helped it stick was that I finally got so bad that even I could tell I couldn't breathe....so how long was I going to last?....not long, like that!

I am so glad you are back with us! I missd you. I will be in and out for a week or so with the shots, etc., but I won't be gone completely!

Love and Hugs, and many thanks for all the times you put me back together again! I'm one person you have helped to stop emoking, and whose Life you have helped to save. ANd I mean this in a big way....because you always know what to say!

Margaret
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: January 13, 2006 10:35 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so good to see you back here on the boards, Kay. I, too, am very happy you got good reports. Just don't overdo it taking care of the entire family. You need your rest too.

Please take good care of yourself.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: January 13, 2006 6:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret, I hope you get wonderful results...you have been through enough already!

Jo, I am still working on getting others to do for themselves....hopefully, they see I am not invincible....

I am walking again and can tell a tremendous difference in my attitude and personality Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes hubby asked me if I was taking some type of medication because I was being so pleasant Embarassed Embarassed ...now either I have been bitchy or they do not like doing things themselves Wink
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: