quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Angry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: January 16, 2006 11:59 AM    Post subject: Angry Reply with quote

How dare my son use me for a reference to get a loan he knows he will never pay back. I just got a call from a bank where they specialize in giving loans to people who have bad credit or no credit. My son apparently took out a loan to get a vehicle and has made no payments on it. This has been since November and he was suppose to pay on it in December. And there is another payment coming up which will push the cost of the payments to over 1800 dollars. How can someone be so totally and completely not responsible for things like this. And how in the world dare he or anyone to use me without my permission as a reference for this.

I do not want this responsibilty. I have enough problems without his doing something that could potentially cause me grief.

I need to get this off my chest before I blew a gasket

Thanks for listening

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: January 16, 2006 1:17 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona, I can really understand your anger at your son. Surely you're not responsible to repay these funds. Just using you as a reference certainly doesn't place the loan on your shoulders. It's my understanding that, if you guarantee a loan for someone else, you must sign the loan papers. If you didn't sign anything, I don't see how the bank can hold you responsible.

Please call that bank and get this straightened out and off your mind. Then call your son and tell him to never put your name on a loan again. This is his responsibility, certainly not yours.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 16, 2006 4:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona, you don't have to tell me about it. I've got a brother with the exact same problem.....facing life and responsibility.

Well, you could give your son a reference...no one says it has to be a GOOD one.

And if the lender is coming after you because you're name is on the loan papers, they have no right to do that unless you signed as a cosigner. Telll them you'll see them in court. If they harass you, report them. JUST MAKE SURE YOU DON'T BAIL YOUR SON OUT.....THIS IS HIS MESS!

Go get'em girl!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: January 16, 2006 6:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would tell the bank that your son does not pay his debts.
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 17, 2006 10:31 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you are feeling better. I will tell you, every family has a member like this. I am sorry you are going through this. You have my total sorrow and sympathy. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: January 17, 2006 11:29 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called the bank and talked with them. He just used me as a reference and they are looking for him. He is so irresponsible and I told them when he left Michigan he left a number of unpaid debts behind him including one of a young woman and her boyfriend who are not right. They are slow and did house cleaning for them when they lived here. They owed those youngsters 500 for cleaning and left without paying it. This child of mine I am finding out is more like his dad all the time. Only my X was never this bad. He only took people not businesses and banks.

I told the bank once my son calls me with his home address which is on a army base in Texas that I would call and give it to them so they can reposses the car. And then I will after the repossesion takes place let my son know that I was the one who gave them the address and tell him if he ever uses my phone number or address again he will loose both as I will change my number and refuse any and all mail for him here. It happens occasionally that I get something sent here for him and I send it back addressee unknown.

I am still absolutely furious with this and do not think I should have to deal with it but deal with it I am. This was bad enough but he also stole a kitten from here after my step grandson threw the cat in a snow bank. This kitty was not well to begin with and we had just gotten it to start eating and growing correctly. Their previous 2 cats my daughter found out were killed by this step grandson of mine throwing them out a 2nd story window. So we can only assume that this kitten will end up dead as well via the hand of my step grandson. My daughter was extremely hurt by this and I was again absolutley furious as they lied to us about the cat but I managed to trick my daughter in law into letting me know that they have it. It is disgusting that I have to go to those lengths to get the truth.

It is just another example of how lying does not pay. There are two kinds of people I cannot stand in this world one is a lyer and the other is a theif. Both as far as I am concerned do not deserve any consideration at all. They can deal with each other and lie and steal from each other but they will be banned from my life and my home.

Well this was the rant section and I guess I did that lol

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: January 17, 2006 6:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona, I think almost every family has at least one...whether they care to admit it or even know it yet Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ....I have found that distance keeps my heart growing fonder Wink
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: