quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I am FURIOUS !!!!! and going CRAZY :(
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: January 17, 2006 10:55 AM    Post subject: I am FURIOUS !!!!! and going CRAZY :( Reply with quote

BLAST cigs to hell honestly I have chewed so much sugar free gum I feel sick but these cravings are vicious I am refusing to buy cigs & staying home but I just cannot understand why after alll this time Sad Sad Sad

I hate to complain & it's not as if I am running to buy cigs but why has this hit me so hard I can honestly say I am comparing it to my first few weeks of cold turkey.

How can this happen ?? like a bolt out of the blue it came on so fast I can even smell tobacco, I told my Dr & she said I am being silly.

What a nasty tricky addiction nicotine is Scowling Demon Scowling Demon I HATE how this is making me feel almost frantic to the point I am sooo tired & sick of it.

Sorry to rant so terribly but Ihave nowhere else to rant or anyone to rant to Sad

Simone Sad Sad
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 17, 2006 11:23 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ours is not to wonder why...." Simone.

It's too bad your doctor bushed you off as being silly. It's not silly if it's real to you, which it is. I daresay that you may have had an event or even memory that has you longing for the old ball and chain days. Have you been cleaning out your closets? Used a purse that you haven't used since before you quit? I still, after two year, occasionally find some vestige of my old smoking days in the house...and it really stirs up the old emotions. Even after this long, old Laughing Demon is making a last ditch effort to get you back in his clutches.

You are doing fine, and if you have to go a little crazy to get over this, so be it! PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THIS CRAVING, NO MATTER HOW INTENSE...WILL NOT LAST!

You doing the right thing to come here and post. And, although this may seem as bad as the early days of your quit, if you go back and read some of your old posts, I'll bet it's not nearly as hard as you think.

Don't let stinkin' thinkin' get to you. If old Laughing Demon starts whispering in your ear...plug them with your fingers and yell "nanananannananananana" until he goes away.

You can do this, you are doing this, you'll be fine!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: January 17, 2006 11:32 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pamela do you know I was cleaning out my purses & found one that I kept my cigs in!! it really made me remember how I kept a pouch of tobacco in there incase I ever ran out (of course there was nothing in there) than I have had SO MANY people smoking around me lately seems every time I go to the city I bump into old aquaintences who are all with a cig in hand asking me if I want one -I say I've quit yet they still offer me one sayng 'one won't hurt' than I get cross & say 'YES IT WILL IAM AN ADDICT' I can Never smoke again!! of course they think I am mental & laugh. The Dr's in Adelaide Australia where I am are not supportive of quitters at all- they will offer you a few free patches but that is the extent of it.

I will re-read someof my old posts LOL you made me laugh I don't need to plug my ears as I have middle ear infection in both ears so all I can hear is Whoooooooosssssssshhhhhhhhh !!

Mantra 'THIS IS ONLY ACRAVING, NO MATTER HOW INTENSE... IT WILL NOT LAST'! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blast it's hard !

Night night & be back later it's 2.04am here
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: January 17, 2006 12:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simone, hang in there. We've all gone through exactly what you're enduring now. It's crazy how, for no reason, old Scowling Demon rears his super ugly head and begins needling us. You've fought him off for quite a while now. Don't give in!!

We're all right beside you, you know. You'll get through this and be much stronger because of it. Very Happy

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 17, 2006 12:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with pam; your doctor's minimizing your struggle that way is inexcusable. i'd find another doctor.

i remember having some serious craves around this point of my quit, too; in fact, i wrote a "tale" about it that you might want to read: http://www.woofmang.com/tales/vigilance.shtml

hang in there, simone; the first year of the quit is very much like a rollercoaster: there are alternating times of uphill struggling and downhill coasting. but as long as you keep choosing life, the rollercoaster will even out eventually.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: January 17, 2006 6:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is easy for one is not always easy for the other....I would remind your doctor of this.....this is very serious business and you need his support.

Ole Laughing Demon lurks around all the corners of our lives...we are addicts so we have to always be ready to bash his head in Laughing Laughing ...walk away just as you would from a bad lover.... Wink
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 17, 2006 7:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simone,

You hang in there. You've been through a huge emotional upheaval...that's what's causing the "craving". It's your mind playing tricks on you. I feel that myself....I'm still trying to get through the hell of last year and even this short year.

Not smoking during this time is the ONE THING we can CONTROL and I for one absolutely refuse to allow stress to make me pick up a cigarette. That alone shows your strength....and mine.

That stupid addiction will not make anything better...there's just some distant irrational idea about smoking being calming. Shocked

So....pat on the back....applause....and huge hug. Beating this addiction is a phenomenal accomplishment.

Hugs,

Donna

Just when the caterpillar thought his world was
coming to an end..........God made him a
BUTTERFLY.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 18, 2006 2:30 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simone,

THey will leave...those nasty crave.....I do promise they will! Meantime I thought that was good one about the purse! I wonder if this will happen to me with some old clothes I need to get rid of.
I did have an interesting thing today....finally figured out that it is the noise upstairs that is bring on my crave.....I want to escape to the back porch and that is where I used to smoke! Imagine after all this time!! But it was not like Hell week and gone now.

I notice you are not far from the 1 year mark! THere was a kind of build up to it for me, where the craves got a little worse, but then just stopped when I slid down the other side.

Just keep kicking the Demon's butt.....he will go.....you have had too much to deal with, and he always shows his nasty self at these times....we just push him right back out the door.

Love to you!

Margaret
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: January 18, 2006 5:22 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevin wrote:
i agree with pam; your doctor's minimizing your struggle that way is inexcusable. i'd find another doctor.

i remember having some serious craves around this point of my quit, too; in fact, i wrote a "tale" about it that you might want to read: http://www.woofmang.com/tales/vigilance.shtml

hang in there, simone; the first year of the quit is very much like a rollercoaster: there are alternating times of uphill struggling and downhill coasting. but as long as you keep choosing life, the rollercoaster will even out eventually.

Thanks Kevin I read your 'Vigilance' what's freedom worth to you?-Everything!

I am trying so hard went to another Dr tonight (I have ear infections both ears) & ranted to him he said 'it's just a desire' Get Over It....I swear the Australian Dr's are not trained at all to help ex-smokers stay quit & our QuitLine is a joke with all due respect 'have a glass of water & don't worry if you relapse you can try again' is what they had to say which made me more cross so Idrunk a litre !!
Talk about rollercoaster sheez up down 24/7 but I am hanging in there -only a few minutes ago a phone call great boyfriends aunt died last week (dear soul may she rest in peace) & funeral this Friday.....I am not going I just can't cope with another funeral Mad at 2006 so far!

I am stuggling so hard I am shaky with myself for feeling the cravings so strong..well back to beating them off *sighs*

Love to everyone & thank you all for helping me so much I am so down at the moment.
Simone
xox
Deb

Quit Date:
February 5, 2010

PostPosted: January 18, 2006 8:33 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simone,

Everyone has given you great advice. Hang in there, youv'e given way too much to lose it now. Don't let the Laughing Demon snag you back.

Think of the first couple of weeks into your quit, wasn't it horrible? Well, it did get better didn't it? This too will pass.

Please hang on you are so worth this quit!! Post often, we are all here to help and most important, keep on kicking Scowling Demon butt! Very Happy

Deb
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: January 18, 2006 8:41 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb,
I feel a pest whining so much but I should post up my woes a bit more I hate asking for help as my Dad brought me up as if I asked for help it was a sign of weakness- which I think is ridicilous (always made me feel bad)& told my Daughter no matter how small a problem she has she could count on support from me & now I will do the same here as I am having a rough time but I really am fighting that nicotine addiction with all I have it wil have to give up sometime -but I remain on guard.

Hanging on for dear life -so to say !
Love,
Simone.
Deb

Quit Date:
February 5, 2010

PostPosted: January 18, 2006 9:15 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simone,

Never, ever be afraid to ask for help. Some people think that asking for help is a sign of weakness - this is not true. Quitting is probably one of the most difficult things we will ever do and asking for help might be the only way to get through it. This is the whole purpose of this site. Be proud of yourself for having the courage to #1 quit, #2 ask for help and #3 helping others

Hang on, your not alone Very Happy

Deb
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: January 18, 2006 6:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simone I'm sorry - it stinks when you have the craves. All I can say is that you need to ride it out because trust me it does go away. Kerry
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: January 20, 2006 9:37 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry-still riding here Sad praying it goes away Crying or Very sad
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: January 20, 2006 11:54 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simone, you are doing a great job. This is one big craving you seem to have, but just remember that no matter what, YOU ARE the one in control, and Laughing Demon can only get to you if you allow it and chose it. It's very hard, yet very simple at the same time.

Just keep telling Laughing Demon "No" and that you are not going back to being a slave to the addiction....and that there is no room at all for compromise or "stinkin'thinkin'".

You are making it through this, and can do it!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: