quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Day 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snowlover

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 2, 2006 1:07 PM    Post subject: Day 6 Reply with quote

Had a meltdown yesterday, had a few then flushed the pack.
Now, I want to go buy some more. Scowling Demon
Why again am I doing this? I'm just struggling. I can't stay focused.
Deep breathe, in through the nose, out through the mouth. Long and slow.

Yesterday I actually got out and shoveled snow. It was wonderful. First time in months I could actually do something physical. I've been struggling just to walk from the house to the car. Amazing how just 5 days with out poison can have such an effect. I was just smiling and about to giggle out loud to myself because it felt so good. I need the endorphines that I get from physical exercise.

So, guess that's what I need to do right now. Go for a nice long walk.
Rain or shine.

Then I'll decide if I'm going to buy more cigs.

K
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 2, 2006 1:34 PM    Post subject: Re: Day 6 Reply with quote

Snowlover wrote:
Then I'll decide if I'm going to buy more cigs.

I believe I am one of the last folks to use "tough love." But, that is a pretty intense sentence. I hope you will not give in to your addiction. If you purchase more cigarettes, you have not quit.

Sending you good and hopeful thoughts.

The cravings will pass!!!!!

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 2, 2006 1:53 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kay. I'm with Allegheny on this one. Keeping yourself strung out like this seems harder than just biting the bullet and quitting. And no one here, including me, is going to tell you to quit...that's your decision alone.

What I can tell you is that when you make the decision to end the addiction, we'll be here to help.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Snowlover

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 2, 2006 5:39 PM    Post subject: Made The Correct Choice Reply with quote

Didn't mean to scare yah. I've just been doing it one hour at a time today and sometimes one minute at a time.

I called a "quit buddy", went for a walk, visited another quit buddy, went and did an hour of volunteer work (all while still walking) and then walked home.

Then I went for a cheeseburger fix and drove up the hill above the lake.
My Dad's ashes are spread across the ridge above the lake and I gave up a prayer to the mountains and the bright blue sky and the clouds. As I
drove down the hill along the water a rainbow appeared over the meadow in front of my Dad's ridge. I was filled with strength.

Thanks to whatever spirit did that for me.

I'll make it through this day to begin another day of freedom.

K
Deb

Quit Date:
February 5, 2010

PostPosted: February 3, 2006 8:21 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay,

Don't let your setback get you down. We've all relapsed before, for some of us, it's part of the quitting process.

You can do this, nobody said it would be easy, it's probably the hardest thing we will ever have to do because, we are NICOTINE ADDICTS.

Try and take it one day, one second at a time. Taking long walks, drink lots of water, exercise, yell, scream, cry just don't smoke. The urge will pass wether you smoke that cig or not. Remember, you were still in HELL week.

Post often, we are all here for the same reason. I wouldn't of been able to maintain my quit without the help and knowledge of this incredible site. Everyone here is so supportive and during this quit, support is a key factor. Please hang on and let us know how your doing.

Deb
swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 3, 2006 11:46 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi K,

Wow...sounds like you live in a beautiful area. Where abouts? I prefer northern California...have been as far as Santa Rosa.

Re your quit process.....sounds like you've gotten a handle on it....great that you have "quit" buddies and just tackle one urge at a time.

Keep reminding yourself why you've quit and don't let anything get in the way!

Donna

Just when the caterpillar thought his world was
coming to an end..........God made him a
BUTTERFLY.
mtwilsonranch

Quit Date:
January 20, 2006

PostPosted: February 3, 2006 12:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi K,

Glad you got untangled from that poison......Staying quit one minute or one hour at a time is where we need to be....

I am also curious, I used to live at Lake Almanor below Mt Lasson in Norhtern Calif....Just wondered if you were in that area.???

Stay focused and keep on kicking this addiction to the curb..

Pam

Right Now, this minute, this hour, this day, I choose not to feed my addiction....
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: February 8, 2006 12:00 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy K,

Putting down the smoke right away seems to make it easier than smoking for awhile and then quitting. Remember, this too will pass with out getting smokes.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: