quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sunrise - Again?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken

Quit Date:
December 11, 2003

PostPosted: May 12, 2004 3:53 PM    Post subject: Sunrise - Again? Reply with quote

Lately my travels for work have been taking me into an area of a large lake (Detroit, Oregon) nestled in the midst of the rugged Cascade Mountains just west of Mt. Jefferson. In this part of the world the roads often follow rivers in the bottom of deep canyons where very little light reaches Earth. Recently, an early morning adventure was taking me up one of these rivers where the sun hardly reaches the forest floor and the only thing visible was the up coming dawn of a new day. The sun was slow getting up that morning and with my mind intent to follow that winding road it shouldn’t have been so startling when rounding the corner and seeing the site of a lifetime. The air was still causing the lake to act as a mirror reflecting the fiery skies of the east. Pulling my rig to a rapid halt along side the road as I was attempting to grasp the magnitude of this scene, I noticed a slight bump, but paid no mind. Bailing out of the rig I found myself gasping for fresh air as I gazed upward and side to side so that I could describe the color tones of the sky, lake and clouds to my friends. During this excitement I was trying to get my heart rate down by taking giant breathes of mountain fresh air and fortunately, no traffic disturbed the magnificent scene as I stood in ah of the ever changing colors in the eastern skies. After regaining my composure I managed to find a spot to place myself while observing one of natures finest marvels, it seems to come naturally, at these times, to be thankful of our many blessings and of course, our friends from FFS that have played their part in making breathing mountain air a little easier.
God Bless
Ken
alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: May 12, 2004 4:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

*SIGH* I've missed the sunrises Ken.

Thanks

I wish you peace.

alison
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: May 12, 2004 4:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

ken
Wonderful smke free sunrise.
Jim
Carol

Quit Date:
December 9, 2009

PostPosted: May 12, 2004 4:52 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was the slight bump?

WALK TALL WALK PROUD
CAROL
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: May 12, 2004 4:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, what a beautiful sunrise that was. I've missed that and you. Hey Iagree with Carol what was the bump?

Thank you!

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Zuzu

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 12, 2004 5:19 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

awe

-Zuzu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: