quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I never would have guessed...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rach

Quit Date:
February 7, 2004

PostPosted: May 12, 2004 4:48 PM    Post subject: I never would have guessed... Reply with quote

Hi Guys!

I've got a few minutes so I thought I'd stop by! Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying some nice weather.

Well here's what I never would have guessed...that there's any week worse than "hell week" when you quit smoking (besides serious disasters, deaths, etc.). I think I'm craving my husband more than I ever craved a cig during that week. Him being gone seems so much harder than that now. I think I'd be dealing better if my kids didn't miss him so much. Siggggh...1 1/2 weeks to go. I can't imagine what it's like for others whose husbands are gone much longer. The anxiety over this is overwhelming. I've had fantasies about just getting a pack. Just me and my smokes...they were always there for me. Boy, it's easy to see how I've relapsed in the past. I'm strong in my resolve this time so these are only FANTASIES...not realities. I just keep reminding myself that having a smoke doesn't bring him home sooner AND I'm only going to feel worse in more ways than one.

Anyway, enough whining. I want to say Happy Lunaversary to all of my friends...Mindy, Jeri, Paula, Lynn, Ken, Alison...and others that I'm forgetting. You've all worked so hard and have been such inspirations. Yay you guys!

Paul, I hope you are reading this without your glasses and are recovering well. I'm still waiting to "see" you!

Ok, I'd better go for now. I'll try and check back again soon.

Take care & Hugs...

Rach
Three Years and counting
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: May 12, 2004 5:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rach, You are right smoking will not bring him home any sooner. Keep yourself busy, the time will pass quickly. Be busy planning something real speacial for when he gets home to show him just how much you missed him Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 12, 2004 5:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time will fly by with the kids, and he'll be home before you know it. Make sure you stay "sweet smellin" for when he returns!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
jlf/Jeri

Quit Date:
November 12, 2003

PostPosted: May 12, 2004 5:39 PM    Post subject: Hi Rach! Reply with quote

Rach,

It's good to hear from you as I've missed that smiling sun! I am so proud of your determination to stay smoke free and what a revelation you've had now as you can understand how missing your husband and feeling lonely had been a trigger/backdoor in the past, BUT NO MORE! You've grown and you've learned so much, it's been a pleasure to watch you join the ranks of the ex smoking population! You have become a truly awesome quitter!

In the midst of all this, you still had time to list all of us and to wish us happiness as we celebrate our lunaversaries! Thank you for remembering and for thinking of us! Very Happy

God Bless and God Speed for you and yours.

Jeri
Five months, four weeks, one day, 16 hours, 38 minutes and 11 seconds. 5450 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,141.68. Life saved: 2 weeks, 4 days, 22 hours, 10 minutes.
Carol

Quit Date:
December 9, 2009

PostPosted: May 12, 2004 9:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just something to add a little smile to your day. He will be home soon Rach.

WALK TALL WALK PROUD
CAROL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > stories, essays, rambles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: