quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Suicidal Teenager at Home
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 22, 2006 1:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad to hear she's home and that you're learning how to deal with the situation, sandi, and i think you have the key: you wrote that you were "...going to concentrate on loving her in the moment and not worry about tomorrow..."; i think that's it. stay in the moment, be there for her, and don't obsess over things you can't control (like what may or may not happen tomorrow).

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
justtheprincess

Quit Date:
December 1, 2013

PostPosted: March 23, 2006 12:38 PM    Post subject: Noticing the Diamond in the Rough Reply with quote

The last few nights I have been sitting at home. My daughter has been curling up in my lap watching TV with me. I can't remember the last time she did this. I gave her her space because she is a teenager. What I am finding out is that she is still on the fence between childhood and young ladydom (is that a word?). She wants to spread her wings, but wants to know I am really there to catch her if she falls. It's nice. Just plain nice.

YOU are the only YOU YOU have. Take care of YOU!

~ Love, Sandi
One day at a time
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 24, 2006 1:16 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: March 24, 2006 7:57 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just doing what you are doing right now Sandi is the best thing.
Prayers out to you and her!

God Bless

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
justtheprincess

Quit Date:
December 1, 2013

PostPosted: March 31, 2006 1:05 PM    Post subject: Round Two Reply with quote

The Outpatient psychiatrist switched Megan's medication. It threw her into a complete Mania and she crashed and burned harder than I have ever seen. I readmitted her on Wednesday. I've been dreaming about smoking and I don't know why. I wake up with a sore throat and wonder if I am smoking in my sleep for real. Luckily, there are no cigarettes in the house..

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers on this wild ride. I am glad I quit smoking. She is in a medicinal fog now and I can relate to her, from the Wellbutrin/quitsmoking experience.

Love to all,
Sandi

~ Love, Sandi
One day at a time
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 31, 2006 1:27 PM    Post subject: Re: Round Two Reply with quote

sandi wrote:
...I've been dreaming about smoking and I don't know why....

was stress a big trigger for you? (i know it was for me...) that could be the reason for the dream smoking: it's a stress reaction that you're too smart to indulge in in real life, but your subconscious remembers it as one way that you used to deal with stress... (disclaimer: i'm not a real psychologist. in fact, i don't even play one on tv... Wink )

hang in there, sandi; sending positive thoughts your way.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 31, 2006 3:12 PM    Post subject: Re: Round Two Reply with quote

justtheprincess wrote:
Keep us in your thoughts and prayers on this wild ride. I am glad I quit smoking.

You got it Sandi. I'm glad you quit smoking too. Keep that thought.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: April 9, 2006 3:54 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandi,

This sounds like it is certainly a roller coaster ride for you too as well as your daughter. IT is very hard to adjust meds, as I understand it, and takes a while, but that they can be very helpful. YOu are the most wonderful Mom I have ever seen! You are so understanding and loving to your daughter, and I know she knows this.

I am sending you both healing thoughts, and all my good feelings and wishes for you.

Stress will cause that kind of dream with the smoking. I dremed a similar thing the other night. It was horrible, and I, too, thought I had been smoking in my sleep. But like you said, there are no cigs here, thank goodness.

I am thinking of you Sandi, and your wonderful daughter.

Hugs,

Margaret
justtheprincess

Quit Date:
December 1, 2013

PostPosted: June 15, 2006 2:49 PM    Post subject: Thank You Everyone Reply with quote

Well, I think I'm getting back on track. The shock and anxiety that came with Megan self-harming is finally fading. We are working with a series of therapists/doctors and things are looking brighter. I am back to concentrating on letting go and working on me again. I was so proud of myself when I didn't gain weight when I quit smoking. Well, God has a sense of humor because I have gained 28 pounds since the day I admitted Megan to the hospital. I guess lessons in humility can come from many different directions. Anyway, I just want to say a very big THANK YOU to all of you who listened, prayed, loved and responded. I am so grateful to have this place when times are hard.

I don't post much on woofmang, but I am thankful when you listen. I still spend time on Module 1 over at FFS. I am pretty sure that is where I met most of you anyway Smile I love you all and I truly cannot thank any of you enough.

~ Sandi

~ Love, Sandi
One day at a time
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 15, 2006 3:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: