quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lets Walk together

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: May 13, 2004 6:17 PM    Post subject: Lets Walk together Reply with quote

Hi All
It is Friday morning here in Japan. Today is a little gloomy outside. But I have looked at the weather in southern California, San Diego on the internet so I am going to let my imagination take me home, and i am going to start my walk in Balboa Park. My arms are outstretched and my hands are open to all the wonderful quitters out there. Walk with me and shout those stats. I have been smoke and nicotine free for 5 months, 3 weeks, 3 days, 9 hours and 20 minutes. Very Happy
Jim
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 13, 2004 6:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jim,

I'm kinda upset today, and think a walk would do me a world of good!! I think I'll take myself home as well, and take a walk on the beach in Half Moon Bay. I'll be there soon!! The pounding surf, the salt spray, on a wonderfully mild Bay Area spring kinda day. I love it!!!

2 months, 3 weeks, 5 days, 21 hours, 30 minutes!!!

Nita

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: May 13, 2004 6:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know where I am going to go. I am heading right back to Sanibel. White sandy beaches. Pretty shells. the smell of salt air, Ahhhhhhhhh. you all know that, that is my favorite place to walk.
I'll do so today being quit for:
2 Months, 3 Weeks, 5 Days, 19 hours, 28 minutes and 3 seconds (86 days). I have saved $282.12 by not smoking 1,736 cigarettes. I have saved 6 Days and 40 minutes of my life.

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Mindy

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 13, 2004 8:36 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh...Just what I need...a walk! It's been a stormy and gloomy day here in Northwest Illinois. I'm just thankful that it's warm now though....
I've been smoke and nicotine free now for...
Four months, one day, 19 hours, 35 minutes and 19 seconds. 4912 cigarettes not smoked, saving $859.42. Life saved: 2 weeks, 3 days, 1 hour, 20 minutes.
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: May 13, 2004 9:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am joining my hand to Mindy's and talking you all back home with me. Where I considered home anyway. It was Atlanta, Michigan and we had an 40 acre farm with 40 acres of state land behind us and this is where I loved to go every chance I got. I will take you all on a walk with me through the 40 acres. First you start at my grandma's house and walk past the garage/barn/chicken coop to a path that winds down to the back of the property past the sand pit and then past the "dump" on to the very back of the property OHHH there are some wild strawberries lets pick and eat some cuz I don't know about you but I think they taste to good to make it back to the house. MMMM were they ever good sweet juicy and oh so ripe. Ok there is our goal in site the fence at the back of the property dividing our property from the 40 state acres. Look out thou8gh it is barb wire fencing you can either go under it or hold the two strands of wire one with your foot an d the other with your hand as you duck under it and maybe hold it for the next person. Here we are on the state land now. I t smells like pine and swamp the sweet brush smell. MM almost smells good enough to eat. SSH I hear something look there is a mom deer and her littel one see the spots that is this years fawn. Ok we can continue on our way Look over there see that old car that is an old model t ford car that has been there for years and it marks the halfway point for us You ask to where well that is a surprise. OHH look next to us there is a fox running along side of us isn't he pretty and so delicate looking. Oh there he goes that must be his den there that big hole in the side of the hill. Ok we are almost to the place now. Be very quiet and you may be able to hear that old buck snorting. Sometimes he is close enough to even see. Maybe not today. Oh here we are . See that big pine tree with the branches hanging down. Come on with me. I lift the branches and invite you to follow me once inside there is room for all it has a spot under the branches to sit and watch all the things going on around us there in the stae land. WWithout being seen Isn't this cooll.

Look over there see that fox and that rabbit oh watch out for that one he smells kinda bad he is a skunk but he won't know we are here unless they get our scent but I think we are ok the wind is blowin up hill from us so they won't smell us. Look ther eis a hawk and what is he chasing oh look out little rabbit he is gonna get you. There is a porky pine look how funny he looks waddling along.

Well it is getting late and we need to get back to the farm so come on we can come another day and see all the sites and critters. We are almost back to the farm now OOOOH look at the sunset. The sky is such a brilliant red and it has streaks of purple and dark blues in it. I think god painted us a beautiful sky tonight.

Well here we are back at the farm I hope you all enjoyed walking with me and I reach my hand out to>>>>>

1m2d10h4m 223.69 saved 1296 cig not smoked Life saved 4d 12h

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: May 13, 2004 10:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a beautiful sunny day in San Diego for sure but I'm sorry the walk of my dreams starts on a bridge over turbulent waters with a light mist in the air drifting from the plume sent up from the thundering waters of Niagara Falls. There is a lovely island called Goat Island (because they used to keep goats there, no need for a fence) and it is a mile and a half around. At one end it is the peaceful river view before the ripids really begin and slowly as you work your way around the water becomes turbulent and the roar gets louder and eventually you are standing at the brink of the Falls. You are so close you could reach out and touch the water. There is another bridge from Goat Island to Honeymoon Island and though it is much smaller it is the more powerful of the two. The bridge is a mere 20 ft from the brink of the bridal vail falls. The water is moving at more than 60 miles and hour and if you look at it long enough you feel like it is drawing you. The power and majesty of the falls should be experienced at least once in a lifetime. I, of course, having spent three years as a tour guide thought I had enough of it untill I found myself so very far from home. There is something soothing to the soul in the sound of the mighty Niagara.

This is the best part, because I am at home I have my meter.

Drum roll please

I have been smoke free for eleven months, one week, two days, 23 hours, and 44 minutes. I have not smoked 6899 cigarettes. I have not given the dealers $1,207.46 of my hard earned money and added 3 weeks, 2 days, 22 hours, 55 minutes to my sentence.

I wish you peace.

alison
lbuz

Quit Date:
May 29, 2007

PostPosted: May 13, 2004 11:50 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alison your words are so much better than mine, and being right around the corner maybe that is what I should do tomorrow. (PS It was 90 degrees here today) but the Niagara River is still COLD.

Two months, two weeks, two days, 11 hours, 55 minutes and 41 seconds. 1147 cigarettes not smoked, saving $286.71. Life saved: 3 days, 23 hours, 35 minutes.

Lisa
Angel

Quit Date:
November 11, 2004

PostPosted: May 14, 2004 12:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to go back to the best walk I ever went on in my life. I was pregnant with my son (he's 12 now), and terrified. I had no idea what to do with a baby. I was sure I would be a failure as a mother. My husband, usually not very in tune with my feelings, asked me to go for a walk. It was just getting dark outside, it felt mildly warm, and giant snowflakes that looked like feathers were falling. We walked around the neighborhood with our arms around each other and never said a word, but I felt so much better, safer, just from the closeness. That is how all of you make me feel. I am terrified to be leaving behind my long time companion of addiction. Just reading what you all are going through and your advice to each other makes me feel like your arms are holding me close and I feel better. Thanks for taking this walk with me.
Calliemae

Quit Date:
May 3, 2004

PostPosted: May 14, 2004 3:01 PM    Post subject: I need a walk Reply with quote

Boy do I need a walk. It has been raining and gloomy for 3 days. My walk will take me anywhere there is sun and a temp above 65 with an ocean to see and hear. I would walk barefoot on the beach and watch the sunrise or set. I would look for any shells,or living creatures on the beach to just take in the awe of them.

I have been an ex-smoker for 1 week and 5 days.

Lisa
skiermom

Quit Date:
July 25, 2003

PostPosted: May 15, 2004 8:53 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forced myself to 'walk' (well jog actually) on my treadmill today...........it really helps me feel good and stay quit!

9 months, 2 weeks, 5 days, 23 hours
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love seeing it spelled out like that!
Thanks!

Today is a gift........enjoy it!

Eileen
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: May 24, 2004 6:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it is time to bump this walk to the top. I am going to dedicate this walk in inspiration of all the lunaversaries we keep having every day here at woofmangs. Cool This site is rockn' with quitters.
Jim
6 months +
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: