quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The're coming to take me away!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hope122

Quit Date:
March 23, 2006

PostPosted: March 26, 2006 7:27 PM    Post subject: The're coming to take me away! Reply with quote

I haven't been here very long but I have to get this off my chest. I am losing my mind.....my hubby is driving me crazy. O.k this is a long story. My husband is a recovering heroin addict,he is on methadone[6 yrs.] The problem is that his clinic won't lower his bi-weekly dose of medication.That's when he has to go to the clinic to get it. He takes it everyday,but we have lowered his dose at home.[without their knowlege] Well,when he goes to the clinic he gets moody. Whatever he is feeling is exagerated 10 times what it would be normaly. He doesn't see it at all. He says I'm being cold and distant. Mabey I am because I can't stand the way he acts on these days. It's like he's really drunk and he doesn't sleep all weekend. He yells and whines and complains. It is so hard to deal with every 2 weeks. The funny thing is the stupid doctor keeps telling me there are no adverse side affects on patients taking this medication,what a crock! I see it everyday.[its just not as bad as when he goes to the dr.] They recomend that the patient be on methadone forever. How is this helping him get off this horrible drug? Isn't it just trading one evil for another? I am so angry! I don't know what to do! Thanks for listening. I don't like talking about this...but with the big quit,I'm way less tolarent and I needed to vent.

kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 27, 2006 12:52 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

better to get it out than to hold it in, where it'll only explode (like your avatar). and actually, just being aware of the stressors in our lives can be a tremendous advantage, especially at a time like this. keep up the good work! Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: March 27, 2006 10:04 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must stay strong for YOU. Your husband is dealing with an addictiion just like you are. Could there be another doctor he could talk with about the Methadone? Also, have you checked out any advice on the on-line medical sites like webmd.com or the mayo clinic's site?

I wish you well. Kevin's so right. Once we know our enemies, we can conquer them.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Deb

Quit Date:
February 5, 2010

PostPosted: March 27, 2006 7:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope,

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear about your hubby. I'm not sure but, I thought that methadone was just temporary and then you get weened off of it like any other drug but, I could be wrong. Stay strong and I know it must be difficult to tackle your addiction and his..................Post, we are here for you.

Please stay strong and don't give in to Laughing Demon no matter how tempting it may get. You can do this, you are so worth the quit.

Deb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: