quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Feeling ungrateful!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: May 3, 2006 6:51 AM    Post subject: Feeling ungrateful! Reply with quote

I don't think anyone would want to spend the day with me today...
I feel ugly, fat, etc....

I went to L.A. Weightloss last night and cannot afford to pay $360.90 up front to loose weight. It only is $6.00 a week but they want the money in advance. It seems like a nice program, someone always there coaching you.

THen I go into Dunkin Donuts this morning and the people there say I don't need to go there. Just exercise. THAT IS MY PROBLEM!!!! So I figure, since I get to work soooo early, I should bring my sneakers and walk the school hallways (hard on the legs, though).

When I get home, I am so busy with other stuff.

Today for lunch I am going to have a Subway salad consisting of Spinach, tomatoes, greenpeppers, pickles, and a slice of cheese for protein. Plus I brought my multigrain chips (Harry and Davids) to eat along with my salsa I brought.

Now about the Pepsi. I get a medium glass and fill it up FULL with ice then only put half the Pepsi in. THat is all I drink a day. Isn't that okay????

I know, I am a sugar addict. It is making me so depressed that I can get so addicted to everything! First alcohol (no more)then cigarettes (no more)
Chocolate(still do) sugar(Heaven forbid I give that up!!!!

I truly have been more conscience of what I have for my meals. I am eating fish 3 times a week, beef maybe once. Eating more fruits and veggies.

Its that blasted sugar!!

Okay, enough of the pitty party. Just get these ideas in my head like...
"Well, if I hadn't quit smoking, I wouldn't of put on this weight!' Let me finish the sentence though..."Instead I would be gravely ill or dead"

Thanks for listening to me rant...

I think I should get quiet with the Lord and thank Him for all my many blessings, don't you?

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: May 3, 2006 7:09 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Londa - Salad is a good plan - but watch the dressing! Extra steps will help too! You are right - the weight isn't as much of a health risk as continuning to smoke - or returning to smoking...so take food in reasonable portions and make the best choices possible. I'd heard LA weight loss was an expensive program...sorry!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 3, 2006 8:31 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

(((((((((((((((Londa))))))))))))))))

I've gone through a rough patch recently and know how easy it is to get down. But, faith will carry you through.

I wish I could take away the sugar cravings for you (esp. to get you off that awful Pepsi!). Do the artificial sweetners do any good for you?

Hope the rest of the day is better and please know you are not alone! Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: May 3, 2006 8:43 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Londa, I'm in the same boat with you only my problem is snacks like chips and dip. I've gained weight since quitting but, even with the extra pounds, still feel much better.

I can't imagine you ever feeling ungrateful, as you named your post. You're a loving, caring person and you'll be able to beat this problem just as you have the others.

Try using www.FitDay.com to record your meals and snacks. It tells you how many calories you've eaten and how much fat, carbohydrate, etc. It's really helpful and a real eye-opener. Oh, did I mention that it's free? Also, ask Melody for advice. She's a wealth of knowledge on nutrition.

Let's just slowly watch those pounds go away together and remain grateful that we've beaten the nicotine addiction.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 3, 2006 9:30 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry you are feeling blue Londa. I can offer you some imaginary cake, since that kind doesn't have any calories or anything at all. You can eat the whole thing!

But better yet, why not come for lunch with me....my treat. Then we can go SHOPPING as I know you love to do that. But please cheer up. Here, look to the left, and I'll do a cartwheel for you!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Renee

Quit Date:
January 1, 2006

PostPosted: May 3, 2006 10:40 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Londa you can thank Him all you want, and you should...but never get quiet!! Fuss all you want. He is there for you, and so are we. Very Happy
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: May 3, 2006 12:21 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope this helps Londa. I'm lucky sugar is not my thing so has never been a problem.

Monday, March 20, 2006
Sugar Addiction
How to Overcome Sugar Addiction:
Say No for One Week and Feel Great

According to the Center for Science in the Public Interest, per capita consumption of added sugars has risen by 28% since 1983. The average American consumes at least 64 pounds of sugar per year, and the average teenage boy at least 109 pounds.

Consuming the typical amount of white sugar makes most people moody or hyper or cranky or nasty or just plain sick.

Scientific studies funded by the sugar industry "prove" that white sugar won't hurt us one lick and is supposedly good for us.

Baloney.

Be your own scientific study and try this simple experiment...

Remove all white sugar from your diet for seven days and amaze yourself at how much better you'll feel at the end of that period. Be sure to check with your doctor before trying this if you are diabetic or have any kind of health problems related to sugar intake.
More disturbing sugar facts from the CSPI:

The typical American gets 16% of his or her calories from added sugars.

Children aged 6 to 11 get 18% of their calories from added sugars.

Teenagers (12 to 19) get 20% of their calories from added sugars.

USDA projects that if consumption trends continue, added-sugars intake will increase almost 20% between 1996 and 2005.

People who consume diets high in added sugars consume lower levels of fiber; vitamins A, C, E, and folate; magnesium; calcium; and other nutrients. By displacing protective nutrients and foods in the diet, added sugars may increase the risk of osteoporosis, cancer, high blood pressure, heart disease and other health problems.

Calorie-dense foods, which are typically high in sugar and/or fat, contribute to obesity. Between 1976-80 and 1988-94, overweight rates in teenage boys rose from 5% to 12%, in teenage girls from 7% to 11%, and in adults from 25% to 35%. If you think the obesity trend hasn't continued, stop and look at the people around you when you're outside today.
I repeat the point of today's blog entry...

Remove all refined sugar (read the labels on everything you eat and purchase) out of your diet for one week and see how much better you feel and act without the stuff in your body.
Interestingly enough, some doctors were onto the dangers of refined sugar almost a hundred years ago. Click here to read what these old boys said many, many years ago about sugar addiction.

If you try the No Sugar for a Week challenge, come back when you finish and post your results below by clicking on the comment link.

http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:R63Lbfya8JUJ:chetday.com/blog/2006/03/sugar-addiction.htm+sugar+addiction+vitamins&hl=en&gl=ca&ct=clnk&cd=9

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here
Lori

Quit Date:
March 18, 2006

PostPosted: May 3, 2006 2:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Londa,

I had weight problems as a child and teen, so I understand your pain and frustration with yourself. Try not to get down on yourself though, dear. I know that can be a tall order, but it's important that you don't -- if for no other reason than it will just add motivation to seek comfort in food.

You have done so well in abstaining from alcohol and cigarettes -- give yourself a lot of credit for that! Unfortunately, we can't abstain from food, so if you are seeking addict-type comfort in it, it's necessary to define a new relationship with it. I think you might be on a good track simply by introducing a greater quantity of healthful foods into your daily routine, rather than focusing on what to eliminate. You might find that you feel very sated after you have eaten all of your fruits, veggies, fiber, and lean proteins each day and you might not even want the sugary stuff as much. Everyone is different though, and if there is a food or food group you just can't resist and always over-indulge on, it would be best to eliminate it for the time being.

Exercise really is critical. Not just for the physical benefits, but the psychological ones as well. Maybe you could try to find some fun ways of getting exercise (take a dance class with a friend, get a group of friends together to walk a few times a week, ride a horse even!)

You can do this without an expensive program. Just educate yourself on fitness and nutrition the way you educated yourself on nicotine addiction.

You are a beautiful person, Londa.

Wishing you great success!
Lori
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: May 4, 2006 3:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to thank all of you for the wonderful advice. Believe me I listen.
May God Bless you for all your caring!

TOnight I start my volunteer job. Once a week I will be volunteering at a Medical Clinic. Hope I don't get fired the first night. I tend to be loud, bubbly, and sing a lot.

I probably will be told the following:

"Now Londa, these peopl already have a headache, no need to make it worse. Laughing

I'll let you know how it goes!

Oh and its getting ready to storm outside. I HATE driving in storms!
Pray for me!!!!!!!

Musical Note when you walk through a storm, hold your head up high....
and don't be afraid of the dark...Musical Note

Isn't it amazing how God gives you his widsom and love and comfort the minute you fear?

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 4, 2006 3:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Londa, what a difference between your first post in this thread, and the last. I wouldn't worry about getting fired...you are a volunteer. Besides, when they hear you sing....watch out American Idol!

Let us know how you make out, and what you'll be doing!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: May 4, 2006 9:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy do I get where you are coming from.....I used to walk behind Gus and hide in his shadow...now, I think we are equal Laughing Laughing but you know what? It still beats having that blame lizzard running all over my legs...now there is just no room for him!
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
justtheprincess

Quit Date:
December 1, 2013

PostPosted: May 7, 2006 11:43 PM    Post subject: Silly Reply with quote

This is going to sound kind of silly and people may disagree with me. I am a sugar addict as well. I trained myself to eat a small piece of Dove's dark chocolate when I crave sugar. It has some good psychological effects and it seems to curb my appetite for Krispy Kremes and other no-nos.

Love,
Sandi

YOU are the only YOU YOU have. Take care of YOU!

~ Love, Sandi
One day at a time
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: May 8, 2006 6:48 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandi I was wondering if I should switch to Dove dark chocolate instead of hershey dark. I was reading, I think in the sugar thing, or somewhere this weekend, that you should have cocoa not chocolate. I don't know. I'm gonna do some research plus go to the local health food store.

I can't give it up but need to cut down.

THanks again everyone!

Love, Londa

justtheprincess

Quit Date:
December 1, 2013

PostPosted: May 8, 2006 10:19 AM    Post subject: Sounds like a fun adventure Reply with quote

My love and hopes are with you Smile

YOU are the only YOU YOU have. Take care of YOU!

~ Love, Sandi
One day at a time
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: