quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I Can't Do it!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 13, 2006 1:15 AM    Post subject: I Can't Do it!! Reply with quote

Mad Before I do anything else--even check my greetings, because I think this is my Lunaversary--I have to RANT!!!!

I can't do it, and that's that!!! Mad Mad Did I tell that surgeon how to operate? I did not! ...So maybe he shouldn't tell me how to exercise!! GRRRR!!

I cannot walk 3 hours a day! I am in mega PAIN!! This walking just makes the pain worse! I am up to half an hour in the afternoon....(I have to spend the a.m.'s taking pain meds and getting my nerve up)....to a coffee shop where I stop and read the paper and drink black, black coffee...lots of caffeine needed here Rolling Eyes ....and half an hour walking back home. Then I have to rest and take more pain med. At night I wait until 9:30 to do the gym part....cannot take the bright lights and noise earlier when it is busy.... where I do half an hour of floor exercise (and mind you, this even includes sit-ups!!!! Exclamation ) followed by 40 minutes of walking the treadmill. Tonight I only did half an hour on the treamill. I hurt like H-ll!!

Maybe I better rethink the whole thing. I called the doc again. His nurse....he was busy....said I am supposed to be back on my regular exercise program, and that yes, I have to walk! I don't get it!! These muscles in my AB have been cut.....they have a zillion stitches in them....why do I have to do this??????

Thank you all for listening!! I just had to let this steam off somewhere.

I will keep plugging, I guess. Will let you know. Oh, how I hate Medicare for taking my Physical Therapist away from me!! Scowling Demon Mad She would have known what to do! I'm gong to call her anyway next week. Maybe she can make suggestions on the phone.

Thanks again for your ears! Smile

P.S. Forgot to say, it rained a downpour here all week, and I just put my heavy raincoat on....the rubber one I used in Alaska, and walked anyway in the rain!! Crying or Very sad

Margaret
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: May 13, 2006 7:58 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pain now will pay off later. When my mom had her knee replaced she had the same torture afterwards but know she can walk up and down stairs as well as walk where she wants. I know it hurts like Hell but the payoff will be huge.

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: May 13, 2006 8:42 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret - I'm sorry you are still dealing with pain. Do as much as you can...push hard...but listen to your body too....its only been a week....I pray it gets better soon!!!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 13, 2006 10:36 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry, Margaret......from my own experience I know how hard this is Sad
Three miles a day DOES seem like too much to me especially when you're in such pain.

We both know how important the exercise is but we also know a lot from undergoing so much physical therapy.

I agree with Mary D....also listen to your own body....there's a middle road to take.

Healing energy to you....

Donna

Just when the caterpillar thought his world was
coming to an end..........God made him a
BUTTERFLY.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: May 13, 2006 10:43 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to learn that you're still in so much pain. As Melody wrote, though, in the near future you're going to be happy that you worked as hard as possible to speed the healing. Margaret, if you can quit smoking, you can put up with anything temporarily.

Has the doctor given you any idea when the pain should begin subsiding? Surely it can't last too much longer at the degree it is now.

Whatever you do, be careful and take care of yourself. On, by the way, your lunaversary was yesterday. Check the boards. CONGRATULATIONS!
Very Happy

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: May 13, 2006 7:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

If my son was here, he would say the same thing Melody said. Honey, if I lived near you, I would be walking with you giving you support. And I would be there so you could yell at me.

You keep right on exercising then get on here and rant all you want!!!!

God Bless!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
bigdaddyscds

Quit Date:
May 13, 2004

PostPosted: May 13, 2006 10:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret,
I'm sorry to hear that it isn't better but after a week it is going to take awhile. Make sure your doc knows the degree of pain that you are in so you don't do any damage as well. It's easy for us to tell you to keep on when we aren't in pain, so I'll just say do your best, but then I think you always do!
John

All things are difficult before they are easy.
Thomas Fuller , M.D.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 13, 2006 10:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy {{{Margaret}}}

I worry about you taking so much pain medicine all the time. I know after surgery there is bad pain. I was hooked on pain killers at one time. After awhile they do not work for the pain without taking more and more. I would definetely call your doctor since he's out of state and voice your concern about all the walking he wants you to do. If you are taking the pain medicine on count of all the walking, it doesn't sound good. Please be careful with the pain killers.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 14, 2006 1:22 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone, for this wonderful support! It helps so much! Very Happy

I did have knee surgery myself, but it was never like this for me. I didn't even need any pain meds for my knee surgery, so I guess this hernia thing is getting to me sometimes. Someone told me that abdominal surgery can be painful for some people.
This doc does not believe I am in pain. He prescribed only 3 days of pain meds in the beginning....the ones I have are from my old surgery...and yes, I did call him about this, but he just told me to stop the pain meds and take Advil (Ibuprofen), that I needed an anti-inflamatory. That made sense so I added the Ibuprofen, but I still have to have the Vicodin. I don't have any trouble taking the Vicodin down....I took myself off it before, I do get dependent but not addicted....so as long as I come off it slowly, I will be fine. This can't be too soon for me!! I hate this stuff but I cannot stand the pain.
I have talked to the doc's girl. She said I cannot talk to him for another week. They call this Phone Appointments, and my next one is supposed to be at the 2-week mark!

I really did appreciate so much hearing that I will be glad I did this later, and really benefit from it!! That makes me feel much better.

One thing....if I could just get these surgi-strips off....the tape over the wound....he said they would come off naturally at about 10 days....and they did before, but they are not this time....they are stuck on there good. So I will have to find out when and how I can get them off. That might help with the pain. They are the most annoying things!....sticking me right in the groin.

Well, here I went compaining again, and I meant to be saying thank you for all the Support!! Truly, it helps soooo much!! Reading all this made me feel better right away. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thank you, my friends Very Happy ,

P.S. I do notice that some things seem easier when I exercise....the Ab exercises....like my belly is stronger. I wonder if stitching those muscles together has made them stronger? But every time it swells afterward. (sigh!) I'm trying to have patience here....not my strong thing! Rolling Eyes

Margaret
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: