quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Keepin cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mollywood

Quit Date:
April 7, 2007

PostPosted: June 1, 2006 11:25 PM    Post subject: Keepin cool Reply with quote

It's so humid here tonight. I was just thinking about smoking and all the times I would sit outside looking at the view and smoke. It was something I did all by myself. I was kind of a closet smoker. I didn't like to have anyone see me smoke. I'm wearing the Step 2 patch now. I'll wear it for another 8 days and then it's on to Step 1. I'm just following the directions that are suggested. It's kind of like medicine that must be taken. And this site is my support. I'm really lucky to have this place and all the positive imput from all of you. Also, I don't have any friends who smoke....so that's easy for me.

Well, I better get to sleep. I'm getting up at 6 for a 40 minute walk.

Molly

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never, ever stops"

Emily Dickinson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 1, 2006 11:38 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Molly, I was like that, too. I didn't like for people to see me smoke, and I always smoked outside. Only my view was of my garden. But I know just what you mean.....I even had what I called my "smoking" chair. Needless to say, I got rid of it.....got a different chair.....and finally for a reward, bought all new patio furniture for my garden. I also used to blow bubbles with that kid bubble stuff instead of smoking when I wanted to sit outside. It's kind of fun. Cool

Walking works well, too. Very Happy You are doing soooo well with your quit!! We are all so proud of you! Just keep that up, and soon those thoughts will be gone for good! Very Happy

Margaret
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: June 2, 2006 6:40 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Molly, I too was a personal smoker. I did not like others to see me smoke ( that speaks volumes right there, wouldn't you say?)

I would go straight from work to home and smoke, smoke, smoke....

BUT NOW LOOK AT ME!!!! Very Happy

I'm living a free life! Going places, seeing people, volunteering, sewing, drawing, singing, laughing, reading the Good Book, enjoying God's word and the life He brings me!

You keep doing what you are doing. Soon you will sit outside, enjoy the humid air and balmy weather without even thinking of smoking and how it use to be.

Your doing great!

GOd Bless!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: June 2, 2006 6:58 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Molly - hope you were able to stay cool...You are doing GREAT with your quit. You'll have a year of "firsts" as you adapt to a smoke free life. We are creatures of habit and some things will feel really "off" when you do them for the first time without a cigarette - but once you go through it or do it once...you start to distance yourself from that memory and breaking the link between the activity and smoking - it just takes time to do it all and start to build new smoke-free memories. Keep taking it one day at a time - and enjoy the freedom of being quit!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 2, 2006 8:51 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Molly....yup, everything is wet here too, and the promise of more to come over the weekend. But I love being outside too, and walking whenever I can. I missed my walk with fatty Tiger (he's an epileptic stoner dog, so he has to take his drugs that make him slow), as the drops were just starting to plop in the driveway as I was pulling in from work.

I just can't seem to get myself going early enough in the morning to squeeze a decent walk in, as I start work at 8 and am up by 6 to make it in time.

However, I'll walk with you in spirit...how's that? I found walking and exercise to be the best antidotes to the quit smoking blues, just as you do. You keep it up!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 2, 2006 9:48 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, at least the rain has cooled it off today...

keep up the good work, molly! Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Mollywood

Quit Date:
April 7, 2007

PostPosted: June 2, 2006 11:33 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone who posted such encouraging words Laughing Laughing
It means a lot to me. No work for me today......Finally a day off and it's raining! I'll get busy on some things I've been putting off around the house. Maybe closets? Hmmmmm.........

Molly

"Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never, ever stops"

Emily Dickinson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: