quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Breast Cancer 3 - Day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justtheprincess

Quit Date:
December 1, 2013

PostPosted: June 15, 2006 11:59 AM    Post subject: Breast Cancer 3 - Day Reply with quote

Please support me as I take an amazing journey in the fight against breast cancer! The Breast Cancer 3-Day is a 60-mile walk over the course of three days. Net proceeds benefit the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation and the National Philanthropic Trust, funding important breast cancer research, education, screening, and treatment.

www.the3day.org/SanDiego06/justtheprincess

As many of you know, my mother is a breast cancer survivor TWICE now! Last year, she lost a breast to this disease, but she is doing very well thanks to the latest technology. If this would have happened 10 years ago, her chances for survival would not be as they are today.

Please help me support her. I am walking in honor of her and would appreciate any donations if you have the means to do so.

Also, a note of gratitude to everyone on Woofmang...

I am totally committed to walking this 3day Breast Cancer Walk. I am excited and scared to death. I am encouraged that I can do this. I have walked almost 200 miles in preparation so far. Thank you for your spiritual, emotional and loving support these last three plus years. Without you and people like you, this event would not even be possible for me. You know why? Because I would be smoking.

Thank you for giving me my miracle of breath to be able to walk. The miracle of hope to pass on to others. The miracle of friendship so I could learn to be friendly. The miracle of abstention so I have the money saved from smoking to donate and the money to pay for the equipment to make this walk easier on my ankle. From me and my mom (a breast cancer survivor x2) we very humbly thank you.

Thank you all so much. YOU are the only YOU YOU have. So please, take care of you!

Love and peace,
Sandi
On June 17th, 2006 I will have 3 1/2 years thanks to all of YOU!!
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 15, 2006 3:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

go for it, sandi! Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 16, 2006 3:16 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a wonderful thing that you are doing, Sandi! Smile Many people do not realize that men also get breast cancer....I know, my uncle had it! He caught it in the first stage, and has been O.K. after the surgery. This was a lot of years ago. Thanks to the research being done, many can now survive this!

Thanks, Sandi!! Smile

Margaret
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: June 17, 2006 9:55 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you Sandi.

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: June 18, 2006 11:34 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine has stage iv metastatic breast cancer. We find out Tuesday how her chemo went. Only 6 of us know aside from her husband and parents. Her kids don't even know. I'd love to start a prayer chain for her but I can't "spill the beans". It just dawned on me that none of you know her, so if anyone can find it in their heart to say a prayer for Gina I would really appreciate it. Kerry
justtheprincess

Quit Date:
December 1, 2013

PostPosted: June 19, 2006 8:43 AM    Post subject: Absolulely Reply with quote

I will keep her in my daily thoughts and prayers. He will take care of her. Love, Sandi

YOU are the only YOU YOU have. Take care of YOU!

~ Love, Sandi
One day at a time
Frankiet

Quit Date:
June 14, 2005

PostPosted: September 6, 2006 8:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am supporting you too Sandi. I am a two-timer prostate cancer survivor.

First, I had surgery to remove the prostate, then a recurrance this summer and then 34 radiation treatments.

I never felt sorry for myself though, only the women and children I saw parading through the cancer center.

God bless us all!

Regards,

Frank

"Once in awhile you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"
Free

Quit Date:
May 12, 2006

PostPosted: September 7, 2006 1:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Mother is a breast cancer survivior as well.

Thank you for what you are doing Sandi.

Become addicted to constant and never ending self improvement.

The difference between a mountain and a molehill is your perspective.

Realize that true happiness lies within you.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: September 7, 2006 8:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a wonderful thing to do Sandi.

Kerry I will pray for your friend.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: