quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ok, I am a little upset
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: June 22, 2006 11:01 PM    Post subject: Ok, I am a little upset Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I am feeling really low and hurt so of course I turn to my beloved site for safety and comfort. That sure beats turning to those nasty cigs.... I am not wanting to smoke but am extremely restless.

I have had power of attorney over my middle sister for the past 6 years due to her being bi-polar. I have fought her son and his girlfriend every step of the way blocking them from her funds. Two days ago, she revoked my power...drove 50 miles to my county and had a note recorded in my courthouse stating she was revoking my power due to misuse of her funds......I know she is being brainwashed....I know her medicine has been cut back and I know that I have lost a sister just as sure as if she had died.

I am posting this only to let those who know me know I am doing the best I can...I am not smoking....and I have not killed anyone.. Rolling Eyes I have not fallen off the face of the earth or 3d world and I still care very deeply about all of you.
Until happier times,
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 23, 2006 12:40 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay,

Hugs, Sweetie!!!!

I don't have any brillant advice for you. Just sending a huge hug....because I can understand how you feel. Sad Mad

It's soooo frustrated when we know what is right and good, and then others who are controlling, selfish, and manilupating come in and bring their devastation. URGGGGG! Brainwashing!...that's exactly what it is!!!

So, Kay, hang in there...and I hope the situtation improves for you...till then, just keep hanging tough.

Love Ya {{{{{{{Kay}}}}}}}

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 23, 2006 2:18 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay,

I am so sorry. I cannot tell you how bad I feel for you! I know this is hurting. I do want to ask: is it possible to talk to your sister? Maybe you can undo the brainwashing. You are a good, responsible person, and she must know that somewhere in her soul.....maybe in those times when she is herself. It does sound to me like she is not taking enough med, and is in the manic phase of the bi-polar.

Anyway, whatever you do, we are always here. You came to the right place, because we always want to know what is happening to our quit mates.

I love you, Kay. Everyone here does.

HUgs!!!!!

P.S. I just had another thought. If the son and girlfriend are not responsible, maybe you could talk with a lawyer and get the power of attorney back?

Margaret
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: June 23, 2006 6:41 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay - Sending a hug - (((((Kay))))) and a prayer. Things happen for a reason...I can't imagine your frustration and hurt - at least you know you've done everything in your power to do the right thing for your sister. That's all you can do...now you need to prepare to pick up the pieces when things fall apart. And don't let ole Laughing Demon distract or tempt you!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 23, 2006 8:48 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about the famIly problems Kay. I went through a very hard time with my brother over my mother, and actually had to evict him from her house in order to sell it to pay bills.

Family and money matters don't mix, plain and simple. All you can do is your best. The rest is outside your power. However, keep control over the things you DO have power over ( Scowling Demon ) and don't let them get the best of you.

Say hi to Gus for me, and I made you a little comfort food to soothe your nerves.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 23, 2006 9:00 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

(((kay)))

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 23, 2006 9:04 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are not alone! Saying prayers for you.

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 23, 2006 9:33 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kay,

Hugs to you. All we can do in life is what we feel is best at the time....and sometimes we just have to let go. I believe on some level your sister is very aware of the love you have for her.

More hugs....

Donna

Just when the caterpillar thought his world was
coming to an end..........God made him a
BUTTERFLY.
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: June 23, 2006 12:34 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay, you hang in there and don't forget to take care of you!

((((((Hugs))))))

Essie
4/14/04
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: June 24, 2006 12:53 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to you all....I must admit, I have been hanging by a thread....A VERY SMALL THREAD....I have questioned if I even cared to go on...this has really been bad....the kicker, I got tired of telling them to quit making long distance calls so when I got the bill, I wrote a check for my sister's part and sent it to her....bad mistake...I guess I was suppose to pay the bills of her son and his whatever....for free too while I was at it....handling this is one thing but the bank screwed up and has refused to fix it....making me look like I have done something.....ugh...if I make it through this....count it as another miracle....

Margaret, I honestly feel this girl has threatened to take the grandchildren away from her and that is what this is all about....she got tired of waiting for her to die and forced this...

PS... Gus is fat as a pig...almost bought a smaller one but it threw the rider before any money changed hands....yet another miracle.. Rolling Eyes
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: June 24, 2006 7:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

(((((((((((((Kay))))))))))))))

I think we all aught to join you in some of Pamela's comfort food!

May God give you the wisdom and peace that you need right now.

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: June 24, 2006 8:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay I hate to say it but you probably will have to ride this out. I am bi polar and at times almost impossible to live with and right now because my meds have quit working I am also manic and have become a cutter which for me is a coping mechinism. Know your sister still loves you but also feels very irritated and maniuplated by everyone.

I can't say that she will completely come around but it may happen and this small hope is all I can offer. This is a horrible and messy disease and one I would not wish on anyone. It drives me to distraction and close many a time to the brink of suicide.

If it weren't for some really good online and 3d friends and my wonderful psychologist and therapist I probably would already done so.

But what I am saying is this is probably a manic episode and if and when she gets back on her meds with the right dosage she more then likely will regret what she has done. Then she will need you there to pick her up and help her to her feet. Be there for her.
((((((kay)))))

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
Free

Quit Date:
May 12, 2006

PostPosted: June 24, 2006 10:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I am leaving you with a gift--peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give isn't like the peace the world gives. So don't be troubled or afraid."
John 14:27

Become addicted to constant and never ending self improvement.

The difference between a mountain and a molehill is your perspective.

Realize that true happiness lies within you.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 25, 2006 1:48 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay,

That girl, the son's whatever, sounds horrible!! What an evil person. I think you might be right about her threatening about the grandchildren.

I am so sorry you are going through this. These things can be so painful to be almost unbearable, and also making one very angry (at least, if you are like me.) I will be thinking of you, and praying for strength for you! You are very strong, but this is a heart-rending thing.

Please keep posting. We love you are are here to help in any way we can.

Hugs!!

Margaret
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: June 25, 2006 9:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay, How horrible. praying that the revealer of all truth will expose the truth in this situation. Hang in there. Smoking will not change one thing but you already know that. Smile

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: