quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Exhausted and Need Advice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 23, 2006 12:23 AM    Post subject: Exhausted and Need Advice Reply with quote

Evening Quit Buds,

Well, have hit the proverbial wall....I'm exhausted! Burning the candle at both ends, and even though, I say to everyone to take time for themselves...I, myself, am unable to at the moment. Needless to say, it's taking it's toll on the old body and foggy mind.

So, normally, I would go jump in the bed, and take a much needed nap through the day or make sure I got a real good night's rest. But, at this moment, that's not possible. Good news is that my grandson is living with us now...and sleeping is a luxury now. Laughing

So, the reason for the post...any of you who knows vitamins and herbs...I need a pick me up!!! I know B's are good...and I take them...so any advice along these lines would be greatly appreciated.....

because I need to have energy to be who I need to be right now! Wink

Love and Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 23, 2006 2:29 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb, I don't know vitamins that well.....we need Melody for that. But I do know some things to keep a person going during the day. (All teachers have to know these things! Laughing ) You need to take those 10 minute breaks. There are many ways to do it.....one is in the bathroom (just hang out there for a few minutes and wash your face with cold water.) Also, just giving everyone around you a busy task for a few minutes, and just tuning them out....close your eyes and sit in your chair and/or pretend to read. Do some repetitious task that needs doing, but does not stress you mind....this can be quite relaxing.

For food pick-me-ups, I personally used water, pop (only one of those), and sweet things like hard candy or some type of candy. I think Melody will have better ideas than sugar. A very good drink that is NOT sugar is to take milk, raw eggs, and honey (you can also put in fruit if you want) in the blender and make a smoothie with it. I used to use this when I was a dancer....we needed lots of protein to keep going.

Anyway, do start taking that "me" time. You can do it if you put your mind to it. Other helpful things are babysitters, and a housekeeper for half a day or a whole day every week. If you can't afford the housekeeper, find a teen-age girl or boy to help out.

Anyway, hope you find what you need! You will!! You are really good with solutions!! Very Happy

Love,

Margaret
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: June 23, 2006 7:22 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb - you are right - the b-vitamins are important for energy - but I don't know very much about the specifics - sorry! Staying well hydrated can also counter fatigue. When I feel like I'm overwhelmed - I try to prioritize! Figure out what must be at the top of my list - and find one thing that belongs at the bottom of the list or can just be crossed off as a "nice to do - but not a must do" and at least one thing someone else can do (of course they won't do it as well as I could - but at least it will get done). Prioritizing allows me to focus in on what is most important. I'm confident not smoking will be pretty high on your list...and that way - you don't have to find precious time to waste on a disgusting activity.

Hang in there Deb...enjoy grandmotherhood....

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 23, 2006 9:38 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb,

Of course there's no substitute for rest but when I'm tired I take ginko baloba.....sublingual B's and adrenal support tabs when I'm stressed. In addition making certain I have a good vitamin supplement.

As with anything....you need to be careful that herbs are not interfering with other medications or health issues.

Hopefully you'll get that needed rest.

Donna

Just when the caterpillar thought his world was
coming to an end..........God made him a
BUTTERFLY.
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: June 25, 2006 9:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb, Do you mean to tell me that your 'so strong it could walk' Shocked coffee is not keeping you awake and alert? Laughing Sorry just had to ask. Razz

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: