quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Back from Dental Surgery...Ugh!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 10, 2006 2:27 PM    Post subject: Back from Dental Surgery...Ugh! Reply with quote

I am back from them peridontal surgery. The dentist said it went well. He said I did not bleed much, but I am bleeding a lot right now. I might call him. Only one of the pockets was really deep, the others were not bad.

I feel hot all over, and really out of it. I think I must go a bit into shock with these things. I am going to lie down in a minute.

I just want to say: THANK GOD I DO NOT SMOKE! I don't think I could do this and then pull cig smoke into that open wound! Yuk! I did that before, when I had it on the other side, and it got infected that time. This time should be O.K. I have anti-biotics. Also the dentist was careful with my allergies....wore vinal (sp?) gloves instead of latex, etc. He has been my dentist for a long time.....I tell him he can never retire! Laughing I could never go to anyone else.

Just think: if I had never smoked, I never would have had this problem!! NEWBIES: Learn from this! You really don't won't to do this! Shocked

He is going to try to get the teeth capped for me, after the gums heal. He did have to add extra bone up there. Right now the area is packed. I go back next week for the "unpacking."

Well, I hope this wasn't a TMI. Laughing I just needed to talk and get this out of my system.

Thanks so much for all your support. I doubt I could have even made myself go, if all of you had not helped me so much.
Very Happy

Margaret
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: July 10, 2006 4:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Margaret,

You sound good to have just had surgery. I hope the feeling hot all over and feeling out of it gets better though.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 10, 2006 4:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad iot went well for you, margaret! Very Happy

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: July 11, 2006 12:16 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret glad all went well for you. Am sending some healing vibes your way. Get some rest and if the hot feeling keeps up go to dr it might be fever or something.

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 11, 2006 9:07 AM    Post subject: Re: Back from Dental Surgery...Ugh! Reply with quote

marw wrote:
.....I tell him he can never retire! Laughing I could never go to anyone else.

Glad it went well! It just dawned on me the other day that my dentist will retire in the next few years. Crying or Very sad

Sending you get well vibes!!!!

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 11, 2006 10:37 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Barbara, Kevin, Leona, and Alleghany. Very Happy

I am much better today. The hot feeling went away. THe pain is not so bad either. I did call him today, and I now have permission to go back to exercising. I was getting so antsy, because I really need to walk every day with the Fibromyalgia, so I went for a nice long one today.....even in the Rain!!

I look a little like a prize fighter (after the fight Laughing ) because I have this white packing all around my teeth, even in the front, and I have swelling on one side under my eye...it didn't turn black, however. Razz ANd I am terrified that I have "dragon mouth".....no brushing on that side, so I am eating tons of peppermint! Hmmmm.....it is a bad sign when even your dog does not want to kiss you! Laughing

Margaret
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: July 12, 2006 6:51 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret, your my hero!

You are so brave and an inspiration to us all!

I wish you a happy recovery and may you feel Gods healing powers on you along with His comfort!

You go girl!!!! Very Happy

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
Lori

Quit Date:
March 18, 2006

PostPosted: July 12, 2006 8:21 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent post, Margaret! I'm so glad everything went well for you this time! Sending you lots of good healing vibes Very Happy

Hugs,
Lori
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 13, 2006 1:29 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Londa and Lori! Every day is a little better. (THe dog is kissing me now; that has to count for something! Laughing )

Margaret
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: July 13, 2006 7:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just stay with the dog Margaret Laughing Laughing glad to know it is over and you are doing ok....I remember telling my doctor he looked like he was slaughtering a pig....well, he did....I am glad I did not have the pain and swelling with my surgery....I did however, have it with the first doctor I saw for the problem....I have been to see my perodontist so much, I call him Uncle Harold Laughing Laughing
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 13, 2006 11:37 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Kay! Sounds like a good idea to stay with the dog! Laughing

I called the dentist today, but he was not there....he will be in tomorrow and I assume I willl see him then. The pain is still here. Don't ususally have it with this procedure, so something is not quite right. I know what you mean about knowing a dentist or doc for a long time!.....I can't call them "Uncle" because I am older than they are Laughing....they must have been merely children when I first started going to them! Laughing

I'll keep you posted!

Margaret
Kerry

Quit Date:
May 4, 2004

PostPosted: July 14, 2006 11:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take care. I know what you're going through. Kerry
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 14, 2006 11:50 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Kerry! I know you do. And it helps not to feel alone.

Ugh, however!~ I did call him again today, and he says I have this terrible pain because he cut into the bone!! Man, I didn't have that before! I am going to ask him on Monday why he has had to do all this??!! Shocked (Unless it is because he had to graft some bone in there.....you know, maybe I don't even want to know?! Laughing Rolling Eyes )

Margaret
Free

Quit Date:
May 12, 2006

PostPosted: July 26, 2006 3:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marw, how are things going? Hope you are all healed up by now.

Become addicted to constant and never ending self improvement.

The difference between a mountain and a molehill is your perspective.

Realize that true happiness lies within you.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 26, 2006 10:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Free. I don't have too much pain now, but still some. I am scheduled to see the dentist again nex Monday. At that time i guess we will discuss the next steps! Rolling Eyes

Margaret
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: