quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I Had A Terrible Day!! Am crying!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 17, 2006 11:56 PM    Post subject: I Had A Terrible Day!! Am crying! Reply with quote

Well, I don't usually post these things, but I can't seem to get a grip on myself.

The dentist took out the packing and the stitches from my gum surgery, but it hurts more than ever.....so much I think I can't stand it! He gave me Lortab for pain, but it does no good. I am hungry, but I cannot eat anything. THe dentist will not let me use a straw, which was saving me before. Even water in my mouth hurts.

On top of this, and worse than this, is that I and my neighbor rescued a bird last night. He could not fly, was hurt. He took refuge in my garden. We fed him bread crumbs and water, but he would not eat. I threatened all the other tenants so they would not let their dogs outside, and I unscrewed the light bulb out there, so he could sleep. Today he was better. He ate his bread crumbs and drank his water, but I couldn't leave him there, or something would get him. So I took him to a Wildlife Rescue place for help. This was awful, because I had to catch him in a box, and he was so terrified. He thought I had betrayed him. He had started to trust me. But the worst was when we got there, and they said his wing was broken and too infected to save. Now they could have tried to save him, but the surgery was very expensive, and they said it might not work. THey wanted me to put him to sleep, and told me all the bad things that could happen if I didn't, so I finally said they could put him down. I cannot quit crying over this! I just cry and cry! I am so hurt! I feel like I did not try hard enough, that maybe he could have had some anti-biotics or if they would not pay for that surgery, maybe I could have paid for it.

Now during all this, maintemance men were in my apartment trying to fix a leak under the kitchen sink. This has been going on for 2 days, and it is a mess. I guess it is fixed this time, I can't even look right now. I had to empty all the cabinets also, and have not the energy to put the stuff back.

Mostly I just miss my bird. I got so attached to him so quickly. He was such a special bird....and I don't care if he was only a pigeon, he was MY bird, and I loved him. Crying or Very sad (btw: Years ago I rescued one and it turned out to be a rock dove, which is a homing pigeon, that someone had taken the band from his foot and clipped his wings.....such cruelty! But that time, I found a home for the bird with the President of the national Association of Homing Pigeons, who flew them from his roof.)

Well, thanks for listening.

One good thing, is that I do not smoke! I do not think I could live through these traumas if I still smoked. Smoking takes everything out of you, and at least this way I am just sad, instead of sad and sick from smoking!

If this awful pain does not go away in my gums and teeth, I will call the dentist tomorrow again. I wonder if a person can change dentists in the middle of a prodedure (although he has been my dentist for years and has never hurt me until now, and he does make beautiful teeth).

Thanks again for listening to me. Now if I can just stop crying.....I don't know what is wrong with me, but this has gotten to me. Crying or Very sad

Margaret
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: July 18, 2006 7:15 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret, what a wonderful heart you have. Your in pain, and yet you think of one of God's creatures.

I would call the doctor and let him know what is going on. Pain can cause such an emotional termoil on a person. Plus this heat does not help.

I wish I could be with you and help you in some way.. but that is not possible. So I will leave you with this....

Just picture God holding you and rocking you. Feel his comfort and strength. And picture all of us here at the site around you. Our love for you is big!

So you rest and take care. Hope today is better for you.

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 18, 2006 9:21 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret,

That little bird is at peace now....we never know how much they're suffering. Just the act alone of trying to help....sends out waves of energy that touch everything with love. It's the result of any act of kindness.

Donna

Just when the caterpillar thought his world was
coming to an end..........God made him a
BUTTERFLY.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: July 18, 2006 9:29 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor baby bird.....I hope you are feeling better today.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 18, 2006 10:25 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

(((margaret)))

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 18, 2006 10:58 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope things improve Margaret. Here.....

This won't hurt like Cake would.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
sammie

Quit Date:
June 13, 2006

PostPosted: July 18, 2006 11:09 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marw, you and I are alike. Things like what happened to you with that poor little bird can undo me too. I can't bear it and sometimes others don't understand. One of my friends described me as "Sensitive to the world." I don't know think she meant it as a compliment. Smile

I really feel for you. Things are bleak right now. But you know? They're going to get better. They always do. I hope you feel better soon.

Thank goodness there are caring, feeling people like you on this earth!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: July 18, 2006 11:33 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret,

I hope that today is a better day for you.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: July 18, 2006 1:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret, you did absolutely everything you could do for your bird; much more than most people would do. Just know that he/she couldn't have lived with an infected wing and probably would have had to endure lots of misery. You saved your bird that misery.

Sure hope your gums feel better soon.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Lori

Quit Date:
March 18, 2006

PostPosted: July 18, 2006 3:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret,

You kind-hearted soul ... I understand about the birdie, I do! But you did do right by him, even though the outcome was hard to take. I send you big hugs and heartfelt well-wishes!!

Hope you feel better soon!
Lori
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 18, 2006 11:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

And I thank each and every one of you for those special messages of love and understanding you sent to me! Each of you had a special meaning to give me.....I wish I could respond to each of them individually, but just know please how much I appreciated each one!

And, Pam, that was really thoughtful to send flowers instead of cake!...seriously, it was, because I still can't eat. Smile

Today I am much better, however, and I realized that some of the emotional trauma about my bird was being intensified by the pain in the teeth. I could have handled the outcome with the bird better if I hadn't had that pain. Still, I am glad to find other animal lovers like me here! Smile And he was a wonderful brave bird who has gone to the bird heaven now! Smile

I talked to my dentist today.....he is letting me go back to Vicodin (instead of Lortab) which means I can double it for a few days until the worst is over. He says still that it is because of the bone graft and having to cut the bone in my face. I have another follow-up in 2 weeks.

Oddly, the thing I feared....looking terrible with gaps between my teeth!....doesn't seem to have happened. The roots are exposed just a little bit, but not a lot, and they do not look bad at all. My dentist is still going to try to get new caps for me for them, when my mouth is well. (He is good about stuff like that, and knows how to deal with the insurance companies.)

The maintenance men apparently fixed the leaking pipes in my kitchen....I haven't really looked yet closely.....there is only so much bad news I can deal with at one time, so I sort of procrastinated this one Laughing .....and so the apartment still looks like I am moving out! Rolling Eyes Tomorrow I hope to start setting things to rights again in the kitchen and my "office" (the dining room). I rather wrecked it, too, by dumping out a lot of files while looking for the right box to transport the bird.

The weather is finally nice! Cool Very Happy I am not sure the rest of Chicago enjoyed it, but we who are close to the lake had wonderful cooling breezes from off the lake today, and a beautiful blue cloudless sky! So I took a walk (and although it took a long time of dipping it in coffee to soften it, I managed to "gum" down a cookie! Very Happy Delicious! Very Happy

Thanks again for your terrific support!

Hugs to you all! Very Happy

Love,

Margaret
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: July 18, 2006 11:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Margaret))...keep feeling better...you are always in my prayers!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 19, 2006 12:18 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Mary!! And hugs back to you, my friend! Very Happy

Margaret
londa

Quit Date:
July 28, 2004

PostPosted: July 19, 2006 6:34 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you sound better. That is good news!

May you have a peaceful and comforting day today!

Love, Londa

My name is Londa. I am 57 and I act like I'm 20. I love to laugh and smile. The more the better. Being kind to someone is the best thing you can do.
justtheprincess

Quit Date:
December 1, 2013

PostPosted: July 19, 2006 12:46 PM    Post subject: Coming in Late Reply with quote

Hi,

I am sorry I wasn't here for you when the post originally came. You can't fix everything sweetheart. That is what He is for. You do the best you can and then let it go to Him. You are a warm, loving, beautiful lady and I am very lucky to have you in my virtual life.

I am glad that you are seeking help with the pain and are taking care of yourself. That is the most important thing you can do for you right now.

YOU are the only YOU YOU have. Take care of YOU!

~ Love, Sandi
One day at a time
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: