quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cranberry Juice?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jennifer32327

Quit Date:
November 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 17, 2004 8:30 PM    Post subject: Cranberry Juice? Reply with quote

Quick Question?

Saturday I was told about drinking Cranberry Juice and how it helps. Why would that help with the cravings? I took the advice and bought 2 gallons last night after my relapes and today it has seemed to help. But I don't understand why it helps? Thanks for any info given, Jennifer

***24 hours quit***
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 17, 2004 8:34 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's the tartness of the juice. it's a strong flavor like nicotine is a strong flavor. It's meant to just replace the wrong flavor you crave, with a non harmful flavor that satisfies! At least that's what I think.

Nita
...and congratulations on your first 24 hours!!!

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
Phillip Burns

Quit Date:
April 13, 2004

PostPosted: May 17, 2004 8:56 PM    Post subject: Cranberry Juice Reply with quote

Jennifer I think I remember reading something on the whyquit.com website about cranberry juice helping to speed up the dissipation of nicotine in your body because of it's chemical makeup. Maybe someone else can confirm or refute that.

Keep your quit going, you can do it!

Phillip,
1 M, 4 Days +
Calliemae

Quit Date:
May 3, 2004

PostPosted: May 17, 2004 10:57 PM    Post subject: Blood sugars Reply with quote

Cranberry juice increases your blood sugar faster than food. Nictoine or smoking also increases yuor blood sugar. How I am not sure,but when you stop smoking your body wants the increased levels of blood sugar that we got from smoking. Drinking the cranjuice increases the blood sugar quickly which helps with those nasty craves.

Lisa
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 18, 2004 8:10 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blood sugar thing is correct. I also read that cranberry juice helps dissipate the nicotine faster...don't know why. anything sour helped my craves. For a month, I lived on altoids citrus sours. Also, I added Lemon or lime juice to my water...seemed to help! Keep strong!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: May 18, 2004 10:15 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vile substance, but if it works use it. Be sure and drink lots of water too. The one two punch of water and cranberry seems to be quite effective.

Congrats on your quit. The next week, affectionately known as Hellweek, will be pretty yucky but you have a reward to give yourself at the end. If you haven't already picked something out you need to think about what you can give to yourself for all this hard work. Rewards are very important. Soooo, whatcha gonna do for you?

I wish you peace.

alison
jennifer32327

Quit Date:
November 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 18, 2004 10:32 AM    Post subject: Reward Reply with quote

Alison, I never thought to reward myself. I have only quit one other time and that was while I was pregnant. I was so sick I didn't want to smoke. So, now here I am again but this is the first time I have ever felt cravings like this. I never knew what to do or how to do it. I have been thinking for months now that I wanted to quit after I lost like 15 pds, well.....I did that and I told myself I am going to do what I say I am going to do. I have made promises to myself before like that, but I never followed through with it. Reward sounds like a wonderful idea. I am learning new ideas and information everyday. My doctor said I should put the money I would have spent on cigs in a jar and in like 3 months go buy myself something, but that seems easier said than done because I like to keep my money in the bank. Wink I think after my 72 hours are over I will reward myself for being somke free for 3 days. Thanks for the advice. I just love that people can come here to talk, vent, share information, and be supportive. I think is GREAT!

Jennifer

Jennifer,

Keep your heart open to dreams for
as long as there is dream there is hope
and as long as there is hope
there is joy in living!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 18, 2004 11:01 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennifer, go to whyquit.com....lots of good reading about nic addiction there, also they have free "quitmeters". You put in your quit date, how much you smoked, what you paid a pack, etc...and it automatically keeps track of your non smoking statistics. for example right now

I have not smoked in 12 weeks 6 days, 23 hours 23 seconds, and not smoked 2,728 cigarettes saving myself a tota of $545.60!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: May 18, 2004 1:50 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jennifer, Just wondering if you got to do any lessons at Freedom From Smoking? The program there is also very good and the more knowledge that you have about nicotine addiction the better. Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: