quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My Son the Marine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justtheprincess

Quit Date:
December 1, 2013

PostPosted: August 1, 2006 10:12 AM    Post subject: My Son the Marine Reply with quote

Hi Everyone. Good Morning. Thank you all for listening.

My daughter is doing very well. Thank you everyone for your prayers. Now that she gets to enjoy a little of her summer, she seems happy, joyous and free. She cut herself more than superficially a few weeks ago and scared the shit out of herself. I was sad and grateful at the same time.

Today, I feel the same. My son called me last night to let me know he had been run over by a humvee. He was laying down with his M-16 during a training operation and a humvee came up behind him and ran him over. Unbelievable. You would think he would have heard it coming. Unfortunately, with all of the shooting and commotion, he didn't hear a thing until his arm was crushed. He is seeing the surgeon right now and I am waiting to hear back from him. Although I want to be with him and comfort him, I know He is with him and that everything will okay. I want to feel saddened by this, but I can't help but think it is a divine intervention to keep my son safe from the WWIII that has erupted. He was scheduled to leave for Iraq in less than 2 months. They won't be taking him this trip. My poor son's arm is crushed and he trained so hard for this that he is disappointed. I, on the other hand, can't stop being grateful he isn't going. Selfish?? Absolutely. This is my son. And, just like my daughter, I like them safe and sound.

I have no desires to smoke lately. I have all of you to thank for that. You would think that after 3 years of abstinence, these desires go away entirely, but for me, they don't. And that is okay. I am not complacent and as long as I am on the right path and doing what I am supposed to, things will always be okay, in time... In time... and not MY time!

Love to you all and God Bless,
Sandi
Leona

Quit Date:
June 1, 2017

PostPosted: August 1, 2006 1:22 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will put your son within my prayers and your daughter remains there God speed

Quiting smoking is like a fine wine ......
It just gets better with age.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: August 1, 2006 1:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Leona, I'll be praying for your son's recovery. Perhaps the injury isn't as complete as you were told. Keep the hope strong.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 1, 2006 4:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't think that's selfish at all, sandi. hope he heals quickly (but not so quickly that they decide to take him after all... Wink )

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 2, 2006 1:10 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandi, I am so sorry to hear of your son's arm, but like you, glad that they cannot take him! I don't think it is selfish at all. I would be just like you.
I will be thinking of him and you! Smile

Margaret
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: August 2, 2006 7:13 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandi - Sounds to me like you are thinking like the mother you are....your son is thinking like the Marine he is...

I'm sorry to hear he was injured in training and I pray he heals well....

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: August 2, 2006 8:05 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandi,

I would feel the same way. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Blessings,
Barbara

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Free

Quit Date:
May 12, 2006

PostPosted: August 5, 2006 7:37 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my goodness Sandi, I don't know what to say. You are handling things well. I don't know if I could be as calm. ... sending prayers of healing out

Become addicted to constant and never ending self improvement.

The difference between a mountain and a molehill is your perspective.

Realize that true happiness lies within you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: