quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

HAZY - HOT - HUMID!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: August 2, 2006 10:42 PM    Post subject: HAZY - HOT - HUMID!!! Reply with quote

The "3H" - Hazy, Hot and Humid weather is Horrendous!!! Hope you are staying cool and comfortable...stay hydrated....water is best!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 3, 2006 9:02 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mary...I hear ya. I hate the frigid AC at the office! But, I'm home today taking a vacation day, and no AC here. I guess I'll see how I make out, but water is the key. I'm going to take Tiger for his walk now before it gets any hotter.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 3, 2006 10:19 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's been like a steambath here lately, but the weather's supposed to break today... (keeping my fingers crossed...)

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Lori

Quit Date:
March 18, 2006

PostPosted: August 3, 2006 10:22 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

No a/c at my house either. I generally don't care for it myself, but I have to say stepping into my air-conditioned office has brought a welcome relief every day this week. I sure have been hitting the ice water hard, too!

Mary, are we still supposed to see a cold front from the Great Lakes move in tonight?

Stay cool everyone!
Lori
swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 3, 2006 10:35 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in Arizona we finally got a break from the awful 118 degree weather. You can get second degree burns just opening your car door. Laughing Demon

I, too, absolutely dislike living in air conditioning but you cannot NOT have it here and it's on solid for 5 months. It makes me feel very claustrophobic and shut in not being able to open the windows. Shocked

Donna

Just when the caterpillar thought his world was
coming to an end..........God made him a
BUTTERFLY.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: August 3, 2006 11:32 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, air conditioning. I love it!! Hopefully a "cold" front should come through here today. The down side is the forecast is for more thunderstorms. Sure hope we don't lose power again like we did last time. I just hate throwing food away. It's wo wasteful not to mention expensive.

Stay cool everyone. Very Happy

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 3, 2006 1:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Just want to let everyone know that our buddy, Tiger, has his own kiddie swimming pool...one of the hard plastic ones, so that his nails won't put a hole in it. It's not big enough to swim in, but he likes to lie in it,, and stand in it. Of course, it also provides water for the deer, skunk, bears, raccoons, birds, possoms, rabbits, and any other wildlife that may wander in.

including myself....move over, Tiger. Here comes mommy.

Oh, and I started this post, actually, to tell everyone what one of tiger's favorite hot weather treats is..."water bones" (aka ice cubes).

Lori

Quit Date:
March 18, 2006

PostPosted: August 3, 2006 2:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's not Lori. Just a deer strolling by ... Sure would like a dip in Pam's pool ...

Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: August 3, 2006 9:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our front blew through between 5 & 6pm....very intense wind and fast deluge and wa-laa COOLER!!! Thunderstorms were scattered but intense -some of the straight line winds were clocked at over 65mph if you can believe the WX channel.

I'm looking forward to much cooler sleeping tonight! Hope everyone gets a bit cooler too!

Mary D.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 4, 2006 3:06 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ours came through last night in Chicago. But the storms were horrendous all night long. So much thunder and lightning that no one could sleep. I drifted off about 6 a.m. but got up at noon....for the person coming to clean my aparment. AHHHHH! Blessed coolness! But it is was still very humid, and now is supposed to warm back up again.

I have a kiddie pool for my dog Casey, too.....that plastic kind. He doesn't like it as much as my Malamute did.....she practically lived in it in the summer. (In fact she went through several pools in her lifetime! She did scratch holes eventually. Shocked She liked to try to dig up the pictures on the bottom because the water made them look like they were moving! Laughing

NOw the GOOD NEWS! Casey and I have been invited to visit a friend who bought a boat anytime we want!! It sleeps 4, but is moored pretty far up the lake somewhere.....it would cost a fortune to keep in Chicago even if one could find a slip for it. I will let you know when we go. (Errr....I'm a little afraid to take Casey.....since he gets car sick, the boat might be a terrible experience for him! Confused 0

Margaret
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: August 4, 2006 10:04 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going on my 5th straight day of having a heat advisory until 8 at night. Should get relief late tonight.

Blesings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 4, 2006 3:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Lori"]No, it's not Lori. Just a deer strolling by ... Sure would like a dip in Pam's pool ...

Very funny, Lori. I knew it was you the whole time...never fooled me for a minute.

Oh, and Margaret, Tiger likes the pictures at the bottom of his pool, too. I think they are Donald Duck or something. Anyway, he keeps sticking his head under water trying to grab them.

Lori

Quit Date:
March 18, 2006

PostPosted: August 4, 2006 3:51 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn it! Well, I didn't really think I could fool you, Pam, but it was worth a try Laughing

Donna, I would consider camping out in my refridgerator if it were 118! You poor thing! I hope you get some relief soon!

Take care everyone -- hope the weekend brings more comfortable temps to all!

Lori
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: August 4, 2006 10:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a lovely day! Seasonally sunny - and quite pleasant! Such a relief to get a break from the HEAT!!!!! Hope you are getting a comfortable break too!

Mary D.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 4, 2006 10:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hot here again!~ Not quite as much as before, but too much for me!! Sad

Margaret
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: