quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rewards, Nicotine, and the Brain
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marigrrl

Quit Date:
December 1, 2010

PostPosted: January 2, 2007 6:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for sharing this!
Very Happy

Follow Your Bliss
Doggygirl

Quit Date:
February 26, 2007

PostPosted: March 7, 2007 9:55 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shevie. Kevin bumped this up in another thread. Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate the detailed information. It sure helps explain a lot of how I've been feeling - and not feeling over the last 9 days. Mr. Doggy and I were talking last night about WHY quitting is so dang difficult even after the nicotine is out of the system - 3 or 4 days according to everything I've always heard. I always thought there must be way more too it than "the social habit/hand to mouth habit/ with your coffee habit/ _____ habit is difficult to break."

Heck, I can break an exercise habit in no time flat. Wink

Anyway, thanks again!

DG

Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same. ~Francesca Reigler
exsmoker

Quit Date:
October 14, 2007

PostPosted: December 3, 2007 11:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent post! Very Happy

Diane
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Patty129

Quit Date:
February 18, 2007

PostPosted: December 4, 2007 8:39 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin turned me on to this post within a few weeks of my quit.....and it probably saved my quit.....I needed to understand what was happening to me, and this post spelled it out.....It gave me hope that all of the feelings of bleekness, anxiety and depression would lift in time.....as they have.....and it gave me enough information to do some of my own research.....so thanks again, Shevie, and thanks again, Kevin......it's things like this post that have probably gone a long way to add some years to my life.
Patty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: