quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

quitting and eating

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kbs1

Quit Date:
May 5, 2004

PostPosted: May 18, 2004 2:38 PM    Post subject: quitting and eating Reply with quote

2 weeks today and I feel great about it, but the eating is driving me crazy. Sometimes I get an urge to smoke so badly, but learned on the ffs website that all urges pass; that helps me a lot.

thanks for being there and listening, Kathy

I feel so much better since I quit; walking and breathing more easily. I've had asthma for awwhile now and realized that the combination of smoking and inhalers was stupid. Using lots of toothpicks, bubble gum and oral hygiene.
law_girl_1969

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 18, 2004 3:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get busy get busy get busy!!! I try to keep things for my hands to do so that they cannot make it to my mouth as much as possible...like crossword puzzles, needlework, etc...I'm sure you could come up with something.

Either way, your quit is the most important and you're doing GREAT with that!!

Lynn

"There are those who think they can and those who think they can't and they are both right." Henry Ford
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 18, 2004 3:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathy, first off, good for you for making it through Hell and Heck weeks! the first two weeks are the toughest...and just knowing that can make things a lot easier Razz

Fortunately, I don't have a weight issue...but my second and third weeks quit I just had uncontrolled eating...anything that didn't move....and especially salty and crunchy things. Pretzel rods just disappeared by the bagful. But, at about the 4th week, this just suddenly ended...the nonstop eating.

As Lynn said,....try to keep your hands occupied. Or, just eat, and hope it's a temporary thing. Or just eat...and.......well, at least it's not smoking. worry about one thing at a time, and that should be your quit.

I hope you have a little reward picked out for yourself to celebrate your 2 week triumph!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: May 18, 2004 8:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on 2 weeks free. That is wonderful. Did you try healthy snacks to munch on? Yes get movin' Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Angel

Quit Date:
November 11, 2004

PostPosted: May 19, 2004 9:30 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 3 should be called "Stuff yourself week". Apparently a lot of us went through the eating everything that didn't move phase. I also do not have a weight issue, but I actually worried about my weight for the first time in over 10 during those two weeks. I guess if I had to choose between being a smoker and being too heavy, I would keep eating those salty chips.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: