quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My Quit conter :( silly little question here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: August 27, 2006 10:48 AM    Post subject: My Quit conter :( silly little question here Reply with quote

Can anyone help me out I tried to re-install my quit counter but it will not let me add my info Sad Sad my poor pc had such a nasty virus that it totally wiped out all my files thank goodness most were on back up.

But I cannot get the QC to work grrrrrrr.

TIA

Simone Sad
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 28, 2006 11:53 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simone, sorry about your PC virus. Such nasty things!!

I'm afraid I don't know zilch about computers, and I never added a Quit Counter ......just used the one at woofmang, or the one at Quitnet.com.

Why don't you ask Kevin....he will know. 'Da man knows all! Wink (About computers, I mean! Laughing )

Margaret
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 29, 2006 12:30 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear you're having computer troubles, simone. did you un-install the old one before re-installing? sometimes there are keys left in the registry from the old install that interfere with the new one.

if you go to start menu > settings > control panel > add or remove programs, you should find the quit counter program in the list: click its name, then click the "remove" button and let it clean up after itself (i'm assuming you're on windows here; if not, i'm not sure how you'd go about doing this).

also, if you don't find the quit counter listed in the add/remove programs control panel, look in 'c:\program folders\[name of your quit counter]' for a file called "uninstall" or "remove" and double-click it; it should give the same result as using the control panel.

hope this helps.

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: August 29, 2006 9:01 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help Smile marg the virus totally wiped out everything I could scream trying to recall everyones emails & info I should have kept now I do!!!!!!!

Kevin yes I'm on windows (it's the devil lol !!) well I did as you said *big THANKYOU* & here we are Wink I didn't have to uninstall the other the virus killed it along with other things not backed up Sad
I think it's correct I quit 28th April 2005 but it has worked it to be 16 months Confused ahhhhhhh I'm not going to worry too much about it but really PC's can be soooo annoying when not working Grrr

My name is Simone, and I am a nicotine addict.
I have stopped nicotine for 1 year, 4 months, 23 hours, 28 minutes and 58 seconds (487 days).

I've not smoked 9760 death sticks, and saved $4,978.96.
I've saved 33 days, 21 hours and 17 minutes of my life.
Confused

Simone Very Happy
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 29, 2006 9:23 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: August 29, 2006 10:20 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy thank you Kevin Very Happy
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: August 29, 2006 9:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good going, Simone! Very Happy Those stats are impressive! Cool

Oh yeah, I had one of those viruses one time! Bad news! If it ever happens again, and you are aware (and/or can do it.....think it might depend on the virus).....immediately turn your computer off. It can't do anything when it has no power! heh, heh! Then load the CD for your Anti-virus software, and reload it; it will stop the virus.

The time I had the thing, it first took out my Norton Anti-virus, but as I was on the computer at the time, I just shut it down, and reloaded the Norton from the CD.
I didn't lose everything, but it was so fast that I did lose some Registry keys. Funny, I just had "a feeling" that the thing was still there, even though the Norton had suposedly stopped it. So I called the manufacturer of my computer, and with their guidance went into the Registry and cleaned out the bug. Since that time, I never use any email that is not a Hotmail.....where the mail stays on the server, and I never download it into my computer, not even from trusted friends.

Glad it has worked out. Sorry it happened! Computers are a wonder, but a sick one is a trial! Rolling Eyes

Margaret
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: August 30, 2006 12:55 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad I'm happy.Sorry to hear your pc had a virus as well & took out Norton darn crazy things at least you were smart enough to follow your instinct!!

This was evil it took out Adware/Spybot that was already running I never want that to happen again & all from going to a poetry website .....how I wish could recall it I was looking at so many that day.

That virus gave me no time to send emails *thank goodness* it just killed everything in under 20 minutes .

Why are there such terrible things out there I ask myself.Nothing worse than a sick pc .!!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: August 31, 2006 8:53 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simone,

Wow, you did have a nasty virus. Hope all is well now.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: September 2, 2006 4:55 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Barbara .I hope you are well & things are much better for you *hugs*

The Dr say's it's flu & as I have been flat on my back I tend to believe him now.....just up to make a cup of tea Smile

Love Simone
xxx
Free

Quit Date:
May 12, 2006

PostPosted: September 2, 2006 2:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry you are not feeling well Simone.

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Become addicted to constant and never ending self improvement.

The difference between a mountain and a molehill is your perspective.

Realize that true happiness lies within you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: