quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Very Fogheaded, sleepy day...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigdaddyscds

Quit Date:
May 13, 2004

PostPosted: May 19, 2004 2:18 PM    Post subject: Very Fogheaded, sleepy day... Reply with quote

I am having a very fogheaded, very sleepy day. I'm almost a week into this but I haven't experienced this yet. Any suggestions? i can't even read a whole post without my head bobbing down. I can't leave either, so any ideas would be grateful. I tried some cran juice earlier but that didn't help. Thanks you guys!
John
alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: May 19, 2004 2:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't keep my eyes open at all the second week. I am not a sleeper and I slept so much my husband thought I was sick. It will pass. Sleep as much as you can. You body is healing and it needs to rest. Also if you are sleeping you aren't craving.

Keep on keeping the quit.

I wish you peace.

alison
THREEGRAND

Quit Date:
March 28, 2004

PostPosted: May 19, 2004 2:34 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John: I had the foggy head also....There's really not much to do until it passes (it will pass) Meanwhile while your in the fog your not uptight about smoking..... just float along with it....Yoour doing fine Gail
Carla

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 19, 2004 2:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember the foggy head. When people spoke to me it was almost like they were speaking a foreign language. I have no new advice to offer, just that it will pass.

Carla
Quit Date: January 4, 2004
law_girl_1969

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 19, 2004 2:46 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will pass, but it can also be due to drops in blood sugar...make sure you're getting little meals/snacks throughout the day!

Like all things, if it's from the quit, it gets better as long as you stay quit!! Wink

Lynn

"There are those who think they can and those who think they can't and they are both right." Henry Ford
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 19, 2004 3:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

I was a victim of the "drag ass" section of the smoking recovery. I found the best thing to do was to just relax, and take naps...let your body do what it needs to do to recover. How long it lasts is different with different folk. It'll pass, just like all the other discomforts of not smoking. I promise...

Nita

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: May 19, 2004 11:52 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, I remember those days well and thanks for the reminder of how yucky I felt I don't ever want to go through that again. Thank the Lord it passes. Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
mikegeorge

Quit Date:
May 30, 2004

PostPosted: June 4, 2004 6:02 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think also that this might be due to the fact that your body is used to getting a nicotine (stimulant) hit every ten or twenty minutes when you were smoking. I'm kind of enjoying this part of the quit process as I've never been a great sleeper so it's quite nice to get a few hours kip during the day.
The Crave-inator

Quit Date:
August 11, 2003

PostPosted: June 4, 2004 8:10 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I absolutely loved that stage of my quit! I hadn't felt that calm in years and have hardly ever felt that calm since. Enjoy! Barb (The Crave-inator)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > getting quit All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: