quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tired of Junk Mail

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: October 7, 2006 12:11 AM    Post subject: Tired of Junk Mail Reply with quote

Mad It seems that everyone I know doesn't have time to send a personal message in email asking how I'm doing or telling me how they're doing but they all have time to send junk mail. I do like the jokes I get but everything else from political emails to hate emails, both of which I could do without, seem to be the norm. Half the stuff isn't true. I even called a friend on one of the emails she sent to me without pointing my finger at her and she said she didn't have time to check out to see if the mail she forwards is true. I had the same friend stop speaking to me for about 1 1/2 years because of a politically email she had sent to me that I had argued against. Am I the only one who has this problem. I had even asked one person to stop sending me the sad emails after I lost my mom but that person was back at the sad emails at no time at all.

I'm so fed up I may hit the spam icon on all those people who send me junk mail.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
lbuz

Quit Date:
May 29, 2007

PostPosted: October 7, 2006 8:46 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara

I'm with you, I get 100 junk emails a day half of them are claiming to enlarge something (which I obviously dont have) and the other half are for Louis Burke who apparantly lives on hathaway road somewhere trying to sell a house. Maybe Louis needs to enlarge something but I cant get rid of the solicitors. I have blocked 100's of email addresses but it doesn;t help. I also get those chain letters (I actually got one in the snail mail the other day) claiming someone will die if I don't forward this on. I have also asked my friends not to send those to me as all my friends know I have lost a husband, sister and dad, and really don't need an email to tell me how bad my life can get if I don't send this on. They all thought I made a big deal out of nothing, well, if it's no big deal then why not take me off their list. Just venting a little with you I turned on my computer this am and got a 100 more. LOL

Lisa
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: October 7, 2006 9:04 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can tell just by looking at the first line it doesn't even have to be open so just delete it. Junk mail is a part of life you need to desensitize yourself against. At least via email they aren't killing trees like snail mail does. Always a positive side. Wink

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: October 7, 2006 2:38 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Melody. Most of what we receive goes into the "delete" category. Why take the time to open things that just aren't of interest? Thank goodness for "delete."

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 7, 2006 10:01 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I positively hate it!!!! Mad It is the reason I refuse to do email any longer! Everyday I have over a hundred emails.....of course I just delete them without even opening them at all, but this takes time, and if I miss a day, why then I have 200 at once!! It used to be that they all went to a separate "Junk" Mail Folder, not my personal mail, but now they all seem to come into my regular mail.

And you are right that blocking them does no good at all.

I never do email unless I absolutely have to. And what a shame because it used to be enjoyable. No more. Sad

Margaret
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: October 10, 2006 3:10 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I'm with Lisa and Margaret on this one.

I feel if an idividual knows I have a problem with the mail they send me, I expect them not to send it. It shows disrespect to go against my wishes and sometimes uses all my memory in my inbox with attachments.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: