quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Thyroid Check (again)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 9, 2006 11:03 PM    Post subject: Thyroid Check (again) Reply with quote

Well, it is now a year since the big thyroid cancer scare. After the consult with 3 very good doctors, they decided it was most probably NOT cancer but there was no way to tell 100 oer cent without taking it out. At that time I had 2 Biopsies at 2 different hospitals. I took their advice to just "watch" it...."it" being the Nodule on the Thyroid.

I was actually supposed to do another biopsy every 6 months, but I had that Hernia surgery instead and just couldn't deal with it then.

So tomorrow I start again. Will see the Endocrinologist first....she will have to order the Biopsy, although she may can tell with her fingers if it has grown much. I can't tell any difference myself, except that I am quite a bit more hoarse.

I'm not terrified like I was before, but a little nervous just the same. So I thought I would post this, and ask for your good wishes re these procedures.

Thanks, my friends!! And, thank heavens, I don't smoke! That's probably all that saved me before. Shocked Rolling Eyes

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Margaret
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 9, 2006 11:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are lots of allergens in the air in the fall that may be making you hoarse, margaret, so i think you're wise not to be terrified about it. and of course, you have my wishes for a positive outcome. Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: October 10, 2006 2:50 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Margaret,

I hope the visit goes well.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: October 10, 2006 6:47 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margaret - sending you extra prayers for a good outcome and a sense of calm as you approach these procedures and waiting for results!!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 10, 2006 8:34 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thoughts to you! Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
Free

Quit Date:
May 12, 2006

PostPosted: October 10, 2006 10:30 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prayer being lifted up for you.

Fondly,
Free

Become addicted to constant and never ending self improvement.

The difference between a mountain and a molehill is your perspective.

Realize that true happiness lies within you.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: October 10, 2006 11:44 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prayers and good wishes are being sent to you, Margaret. Kevin's right. The fall of the year is beautiful but the air is absolutely reaking with allergens.

Please keep us informed.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: October 10, 2006 7:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saying a prayer for you. Margaret

Essie
4/14/04
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 10, 2006 10:35 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, everyone, for all the prayers and good wishes! It cheers me up enormously.

And thanks, Kevin, for reminding me about the allergens in the air this year. This is true. They are very bad here, and I didn't even think of that.

Apparently the important question they always ask is: can you swallow OK? ...and I'm happy to say I can still answer "Yes" to that one.

So I saw the first doc.....the first one I saw last year also....I like her because she has good hands, and can feel what is going on with her fingers....the others couldn't and had to rely solely on the ultra-sound. She says the Nodule is still there (you know I didn't even know they could just go away?.....would have been nice to know that), but I will not be having the ultra-sound or the needle Biopsy until next week. I forgot I am having a Flu shot tomorrow (if I get there before the vaccine runs out), and I can't have the Thyroid tests for a week after that. This is fine.....it won't get that much worse in a week.....and I really need the Flu shot. I'm getting it at the Pharmacy....the hospitals and docs don't seem to have it yet, which doesn't make sense to me, but anyway, that's how it is.

I will keep you posted on how things go. And THANKS SO much for being here for me! Cool Very Happy

Margaret
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: October 22, 2006 5:22 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you doing Girl?? anymore news as yet?? all my prayers are with you & lots of love as well.

I am seeing the Endocrinologist next week pretty scared can barely speak but thank goodness for antihisthamines fttb!.

I am a wreck the Endo/Neuro/GP/Physician
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: