quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

This is Hard
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Free

Quit Date:
May 12, 2006

PostPosted: October 25, 2006 12:20 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Practice makes perfect; or something close to it anyway. heh! Laughing

Fondly,
Free

Become addicted to constant and never ending self improvement.

The difference between a mountain and a molehill is your perspective.

Realize that true happiness lies within you.
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: October 25, 2006 10:30 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lady - I wish I had a bit of magic for you! But don't let the darkness win. Keep taking it one day at a time...and just know that it will get better!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
BFS

Quit Date:
October 28, 2005

PostPosted: October 26, 2006 1:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lady,

I cannot offer any wisdom. All I can say is that you are in my thoughts and my prayers. You are a very special person. You know as well as I do that smoking will NOT make you feel any better. I have known many people to give up their quits (myself included) and have seen many people say "I wish I'd never blown my quit" but I've never EVER seen anybody say "going back to smoking was the best thing I ever did! I feel so much better than I did when I was quit!!!" So I doubt going back to smoking will help you at all. But I do hope that you start to feel better soon. I will be praying for you.

Pam

Making life worth living!

Rejoice in your freedom rather than mourn for your slavery!
smokeless in cinci

Quit Date:
June 1, 2006

PostPosted: November 3, 2006 11:37 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lady,

I'm new here but found your post to fit exactly my situation. I'm working on month 6, felt great, suddenly crashed 4 days ago. Big time depression. Not uncommon in first six months, especially in people with a previous depressive episode - in my case, postpartum depression many years ago. The urge to smoke is actually to relieve the negative affect. Antidepression medication does work - takes a couple of weeks and then suddenly you are back to normal and usually can then taper off of it.

You might try avoiding anything with aspartame (especially gum) as this can cause anxiety in some people, as well as being careful of your carbohydrate intake and the fluctuations in blood sugar. For some reason, since the quit, I have hypoglycemic episodes with some regularity that were previously "fixed" with a cigarette. Try going to more protein in your diet.

Good luck. It is all about serotonin and other chemicals in imbalance. Let's face it, stress depletes the "feel good" chemicals in your brain by flooding it with with the "fight or flight" stuff and nothing beats smoking cessation for stress.
shevie

Quit Date:
May 23, 2005

PostPosted: November 3, 2006 12:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great advice, Smokless. Welcome to woofmang.

Keep up the good quit. Very Happy
Shevie

If you study something in the right light, how can there be any darkness? Dave Gardner

Quit date: May 23, 2005
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: