quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Analogy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: October 19, 2006 8:32 PM    Post subject: Analogy Reply with quote

It happens every time, it seems, that I get back on my diet. I have a weakness so bad for chocolate kisses that I've gone to the store before just to get them when I was out of them. I didn't get any the last grocery store trip and have been out of the chocolate kisses for days. I really started to get back on my diet.

Tonight on the front page of my grocery store advertisement are pictures of 2 bags of chocolate kisses at dollar cheaper a bag than what they normally sell for. So now it's like the chocolate demon or something has beckoned to me to get off my diet and buy some kisses. I'm also love to buy things on sale.

Well, you know what? I just laughed at that chocolate demon and told myself no way am I failing for his tricks.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 19, 2006 9:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara, you are so strong willed!! Yipee for you! You keep right on running your own life the way you want it. That's great! Cool Very Happy

Margaret
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 19, 2006 9:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Melody

Quit Date:
August 19, 2004

PostPosted: October 20, 2006 7:58 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try 1/2 cup FRESH pineapple a day it aids digestion, as well as curbs a sweet tooth as it is high in natural sugar but no fat. Another one is try beets a cup or so a day also will keep the ole sweet tooth at bay. Plenty of fiber so scrubs out the old arteries. Kisses are best on the LIPS not pasted to the HIPS Wink Well at least most times Laughing Laughing

I'm a NON-SMOKER thanks to everyone here
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: October 20, 2006 10:32 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melody,

Laughing , that is way so funny. Thank you for the tips too.

Thank you Kevin for the smiley,

and Margaret thank you for your congrats.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 20, 2006 2:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Right Barb!!!!

Quote:
Well, you know what? I just laughed at that chocolate demon and told myself no way am I failing for his tricks.

That's the way to do it!!! Keep kicking the demons butts...both Scowling Demon and the one disguised as chocolate. Wink

Love and Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Simone

Quit Date:
April 28, 2005

PostPosted: October 22, 2006 5:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melody wrote:
Try 1/2 cup FRESH pineapple a day it aids digestion, as well as curbs a sweet tooth as it is high in natural sugar but no fat. Another one is try beets a cup or so a day also will keep the ole sweet tooth at bay. Plenty of fiber so scrubs out the old arteries. Kisses are best on the LIPS not pasted to the HIPS Wink Well at least most times Laughing Laughing

LOL Love it !! Strawberries are good too but Pineapple is the best Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: