quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hanging On

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lady

Quit Date:
July 1, 2005

PostPosted: October 28, 2006 9:47 AM    Post subject: Hanging On Reply with quote

A rant room. Just what I need right now. It amazes me how just one thing can sent me into a downward spiral straight into the pits of dispare. I guess progress is the fact that I am now aware of this and I'm trying my best not to let it happen this time.

Writting is the way I use to get stuff out of my head so here goes.

I have a leaking tub faucet that I want to fix and I don't even know how to turn off the water. Aside from that I can't get the screws to turn. This is probably a good thing because I didn't know I had to turn the water off first.

My roof has been repaired 4 times by 4 different people for a leak. Roofers have said my roof is in great shape there is just this one spot where the furnace use to be. Why can't anyone fix it right? The last person, said he did a bunch of stuff to fix it and all he did was put down tar. Argh!

So with all this rain, the new sheetrock in the ceiling is falling down, and the roof is leaking again. I was going to try to go up there myself and see what I can see and try to figure something out. A friend of mine tells me that is very dangerous since I've never been on a roof before and not to do it. Another Argh!

My four year old wants to play a video game because it is Saturday (they can't play on weekdays). All the video game cases are empty. He is having a fit because I can't find a game and I'm having a fit because all the cases are empty! Argh Again!

OK... that is probably enough for now. I am ok. I do not have to let these frustrations get the best of me. I need to do what comes next. Try to solve the problems I can solve. Right???

Lady

I cannot change the past, but the future is waiting for me.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: October 28, 2006 11:17 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lady,

If you are getting non licenced roofers that could be the problem. The price is cheap and so is the work. This may not be your case. Anyway, rant and scream all you want. It helps to get it out.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Lady

Quit Date:
July 1, 2005

PostPosted: October 28, 2006 1:21 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do I even bother! I just make things so much worse.

Im not doing good here. Frustration is getting the best of me! This really sucks.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Free

Quit Date:
May 12, 2006

PostPosted: October 28, 2006 2:03 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember the whole 'breathe in, breathe out' thing when we quit? Well guess what? It comes in handy for a bunch of other things too! LOL!

For the leaking tub faucet ... see if one of the men in church tomorrow can fix it. For the roof, call the last fools that worked on it and tell them they need to get there butts back out there. As for the four year old - if he is throwing a temper tantrum over video games then he doesn't need to play them. Aren't I an old meanie?! LOL!

Well if anything here ... I've hopefully made you laugh.

Frustrations are part of life. Expect them to come and they won't bother you so much. I expect days to be hard and then when they aren't ... it makes me appreciate them so much more.

(((((((((((((hugs to you Lady)))))))))))))))))))))

Breathe in, Breathe out ... count to 10 ... one thing at a time ...

Fondly,
Free

Become addicted to constant and never ending self improvement.

The difference between a mountain and a molehill is your perspective.

Realize that true happiness lies within you.
Lady

Quit Date:
July 1, 2005

PostPosted: October 28, 2006 2:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the laugh Free. Beats holding back the tears, which I know wont help. I would just like to accomplish one mission impossible today!

Dad came over and has recruited a neighbor to help turn the water off. I've managed to strip out the screws on the tub faucets. Oh yes! I'm good!

deep breathing going on big time. Four year old has retreated to safety at his dad's house. His dad called and asked if he could come over because he is babysitting for his new girlfriend and the 3 year old is driving him nuts! Ha! He thinks I did HIM a favor! Smile

Anyway... back to work..... I WILL ACCOMPLISH THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Free

Quit Date:
May 12, 2006

PostPosted: October 28, 2006 5:48 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about those tears not helping. They may not fix the faucet, but a good cry does wonders for just 'gettin' it all out'. And goodness knows we need that every once in a while.

My oldest (12) has had a 'project' for school for 30 days now. Well it is due Monday and he is so not done with it. My husband is leaving for Philly tomorrow morning and our Church is having a HUGE Harvest Celebration tomorrow as well. I am so angry at my oldest son right now I can feel my hairs splitting. LOL!

oh yeah ... breathe in, breathe out!

I hope you get your screws loose! lol!

Fondly,
Free

Lady

Quit Date:
July 1, 2005

PostPosted: October 28, 2006 7:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the water shut off, got the screws out. Went to the store, replaced the washers and the screws. Got everything back together except the handles. Couldn't get them to go back on.

Went back to home depot hoping someone would help me. It appears that in getting the screws off, I broke the faucet stems off into the handle. Bought a complete set, with instructions!!!!!

I have a new faucet in place that doesn't leak! Mission impossible accomplished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DID IT!

Broke the water shut off valve turning the water back on and it only took me all day but I did it! Now off to tackle the laundry.

Frustration almost got the best of me but I won! Smile

Have fun with that school project!

kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 28, 2006 8:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

good for you, lady! glad to see that your persistence paid off. Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Free

Quit Date:
May 12, 2006

PostPosted: October 28, 2006 9:38 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet they look purdy too! Wink

Good going!

marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 29, 2006 10:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! I am so impressed. I mean this, not being sarcastic at all! You did good, both with not smoking and getting the stuff fixed. I had a terrible problem with my tub also.....do not have your patience, so I just yelled at everybody until they fixed it! ANd you are right.....man, these things are so frustrating! I even had a mild urge myself, and I never usualy have them after 2 and half years. THe drain under my tub sprang a leak, and flooded the bathroom and drained into the basement. (The good news is that I rent! Laughing ) The bad news is that they made an unholy mess, even chopped out half of the floor to get to the pipes.....it is has taken me 2 days to clean it up. And I'm still not packed for my trip.....still working in the bathroom.

Today I think I have it done. Took a shower with only ankle deep water in the tub.....the new fixtures don't seem to work right to me....but the Landlord says they are supposed to be that way.

Good for you again for not smoking!! It is tough in the beginning especially when this stuff goes down, and you beat the demon back, hands down!! WTG!! Smile Smile Smile

Margaret
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: October 30, 2006 1:28 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go!! You definitely accomplished what you set out to do! Persistence and patience! Good job!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: