quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nida is here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: May 20, 2004 4:55 PM    Post subject: Nida is here Reply with quote

Sometimes like today it is so depressing here in Japan. Typhoon Nida is hitting us today and we have another one right behind it that should hits us day after tomorrow on Sunday. It is not fun being stuck indoors Crying or Very sad . We are not getting the strong winds as the typhoon did a small right turn away from us but we are getting about an inch of rain an hour Shocked . Hope everybody has a better day than me Laughing .
Jim
alison

Quit Date:
June 3, 2003

PostPosted: May 20, 2004 5:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry you are stuck inside Jim. If it is any consolation I too am stuck inside and it is beautiful out. I would much rather be inside on a rainy day than a sunny one.

This too will pass.

I wish you peace.

alison
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: May 20, 2004 5:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alsion
You got me on that one. No more pitty for myself, I send it your way Very Happy
Jim
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 20, 2004 5:37 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeesh, Jim...an inch an hour? I hope you're wearing your swimmies, and are on a hill? How do they name typhoons there? Is is alphabetical in the season like here? Tell me more!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: May 20, 2004 6:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pam
Alphabetical I think is the norm wherever they have typhoons or hurricanes. Don't have my swimmies on yet. Where we live is pretty much flood proof. We have several flood canals surrounding the little berg we live in. One is about a half mile wide and a hundred feet deep and it empties into Tokyo bay. They just showed it on TV, it is maintaining at about 3/4 capacity. Lots of water. We are lucky that the wind is only peeking out at about 60 mph gusts, maybe 35 sustained. We have had them at 140 sustained. Lots of fun then. The one right behind this one if it holds course will hit us with around 100 sustained. We are hoping it does a "right turn Clyde".
Jim
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 21, 2004 10:23 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

COOL!! They named a typhoon after me...and with a "D" no less!! <<How vain can ya get!!>>

Hey Jim,

Sorry you're stuck. I have never experienced a typhoon, but they sound pretty serious. Curl up with a good movie, book, green tea, maybe a little Sake and wait it out!! Let me know how much damage I do!! Shocked

ni"T"a

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
jimotter

Quit Date:
November 19, 2003

PostPosted: May 21, 2004 4:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nita
We got real lucky. The typhoon hit land and for some reason didn't like what it felt and went back out to sea. We got a little bit of wind and got dumped with seven inches of rain, so your sister nida left us pretty much alone.
Jim
bjj

Quit Date:
April 7, 2004

PostPosted: May 22, 2004 9:20 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,
So glad you survived without much damage. I also noticed you did not even mention smoking, and that certainly qualifies as a stressful situation! Great job. I hope I would not have smoked, but I know I would have thought about it.

Bonnie

"Always think of what you have to do as easy and it will become so".
Emile Coue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: