quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Not sure which forum to use this time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Idream

Quit Date:
October 9, 2006

PostPosted: December 15, 2006 5:12 PM    Post subject: Not sure which forum to use this time Reply with quote

Well - what a day and two more real hard ones to go. As I mentioned my family has lost a child - before parents - to cancer just a couple of days ago. He was a 32 year old male-married-2 yr old daughter. My family is very big and overwhelming sometimes. My sibs and I (7) had a very hard up-bringing but through it all we have never lost a child before parent and this is just blowing the wind out of all of us family members - especially we older ones. We have people driving in - phone calls pouring in - and all I want to do is sleep. I never like death in any family but I know in my heart that even death is God's plan but I just am having a lot of trouble wanting to be involved in this. I just want to sleep through it all. My own children and most everyone else is having to adjust schedules as this all happened so quickly and then they planned the services so quickly. I guess it is good that all I want to do is sleep instead of smoke........but a cig sure has been on my mind today - but my two sisters who are around me all day today are smoking more than usual so my second hand smoke problem here at work is worse than usual. I have also had to use my inhalers more today and did not sleep much last night and when I did - I woke up twice with tears on my face and pillow - I am not feeling sorry for myself - I just feel tired and want this to quit so I can sleep and not have to feel this intense sorrow that all my family is going through. I guess I am being a sissy...the funeral and burial start at 11am tomorrow and I am out of here until Monday. Glad I have this place to vent - Thanks!
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 15, 2006 5:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

any time you're in a stressful situation, the thought of a cig may come to you, mardi. the secret to staying quit is to recognize that it's just a thought, and that you don't have to act on it. it's always tragic when parents bury their children, and i can sure understand why you'd want to be done with this.

hang in there; this too shall pass.

(((mardi)))

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
texas2step

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 15, 2006 5:40 PM    Post subject: Yes indeed.... Reply with quote

Big hugs Mardi. Hang in there. Life has sad days sweet lady that's the way it is but smoking does not change that, never did actually for any of us - we just thought it did. It didn't make it better, didn't make it worse - it just fed the addiction.

Don't smoke! It isn't worth giving up your quit you're going too good now and not far away from more comfort. I promise you at 4 months even I feel so much better and hardly think of smoking at all anymore. It really doesn't take so long when you think about it. It's so worth it!

Of course you and your whole family are grieving. It's sad to lose anyone in our familes. Hug everyone and love each other and grieve together but just don't think for a minute that if you smoke it will somehow make anything better cause it won't. Only time heals wounds and heartbreak never goes away it only becomes bearable - but smoking didn't have a thing to do with that.

Hang in there!
Texas

"You can't always have happiness, but you can always give happiness."
Anonymous

Quit: 8/14/06
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: