quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

how to post images
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > message board tips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frankiet

Quit Date:
June 14, 2005

PostPosted: August 5, 2004 9:21 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mar, your avatar has appeared. As an additional bonus it has populated all prior messages that were posted with the dreaded red "x". It's a nice one too!

Keep up the quit and visit here often!

Regards, Frankie

"Once in awhile you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: August 12, 2004 10:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

testing, I hope this works finally Very Happy

yes! It works! Very Happy

Tammy
Free and loving it!
terryg

Quit Date:
May 13, 2004

PostPosted: September 8, 2004 11:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

just checking if it worked.
cricket63

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 12, 2004 10:47 AM    Post subject: where do i go to get an avatar? Reply with quote

Dear Kevin,
I am having a problem trying to find avatars to download can you please help. thank you
cricket

P.S. keep smiling life is worth it and so is the quit.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: October 12, 2004 9:51 PM    Post subject: Re: where do i go to get an avatar? Reply with quote

cricket wrote:
Dear Kevin,
I am having a problem trying to find avatars to download can you please help. thank you
cricket

i would go to google, click on "images", put in a keyword related to the type of avatar you'd like to find, and see if you find something you like. if you do, right-click the image, choose "save picture as..." in the pop-up menu, save it to your computer and then follow the instructions in the original post to use it as an avatar.

a couple of hints:

square images will work better, as the forum software limits avatar size to 80 by 80 pixels. also (for the same reason), the closer the size of the original image is to 80 by 80 pixels, the clearer it will look when posted as an avatar here.

hope this helps.

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 8, 2005 2:31 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Kevin,

Can you recommend an easy web space site that I could use? I have checked out several but did not see a good one that looked easy. One site said something about my computer XP having a feature to aid in the web hosting but that seemed way the heck over my head.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 8, 2005 9:18 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkking wrote:
Very Happy Kevin,

Can you recommend an easy web space site that I could use? I have checked out several but did not see a good one that looked easy. One site said something about my computer XP having a feature to aid in the web hosting but that seemed way the heck over my head.

Blessings,

i don't know of any that i could recommend, barbara, but if you click this link, it'll take you to google, where you'll see the results of a search i just made up that may help you find what you're looking for.

i'd suggest you just try the first one that looks reasonable, and if you don't like it, click your "back" button until you get back to google, and try the next one. Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
ashoooo

Quit Date:
February 20, 2006

PostPosted: May 8, 2005 9:31 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try photobucket.com

"He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife."
- Douglas Adams
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 8, 2005 3:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks kevin and ashooo, I will try it again when I have a clear head.

Blessings,

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 25, 2005 1:38 AM    Post subject: Changing file size? Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi,

I finally got around to trying to post images but so far all I saw at my web space site was to get pictures from my computer. I think somehow I can use their graphics but I did not understand the legal terms.

Maxium upload file size is 500k and the maxium image demesions is 800 x 600. The pictures I have on my XP have more demensions but I don't know how to make them smaller to be able to upload to the free web host. I tried to upload an image from an image site specially for images but that kept coming out in bmp format when I saved it to my computer which is not the allowed format in the web host. I am really getting confused on all this. I'm told to install my digital camera software I must log in as an Administrator (computer system administrator) when restarting. I haven't a clue what that means or what mine is though. The software would allow me to change the picture size. So I either need to find out about logging on as an Admistrator or find out how to resize pictures on my own without the software.

If anyone knows of any books that can explain these things in real simple terms to me I would be happy to order one. I enjoy reading educational books so I'm sure there would be more than just want I've discussed here for me to learn and enjoy.

Blessings,

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 25, 2005 9:32 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, barbara,

unfortunately, there's no way i know of for you to change the size of a picture without image-editing software, and there's very little software available for windows xp that doesn't require administrative access to install. so you'll probably need to get logged on as the administrator to make it work.

here's an article from microsoft support on how to do that:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321305

i'm assuming that you have windows xp home edition (as opposed to professional edition); in the part of the article that talks about how to log on as administrator in safe mode (which i think is the only way to do it in the home edition), it says that the administrator password is initially blank, so, if you don't remember choosing an administrator password when you first got the computer (or first installed windows xp), chances are it's still blank.

if you're still having trouble with this after reading the article above, try clicking here to run a search on the microsoft knowledge base.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 25, 2005 10:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thank you so much Kevin,

As soon as my computer is not running so slow I will check that out.

Blessings,

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: July 1, 2005 4:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img] http://www.freeimagehome.com/thumbs/befuddled/motherday050013.jpg[img]

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: July 1, 2005 4:36 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised OMG, am I brain dead now after trying to post a picture of myself. I will try after I've had some time away from it.

Blessings,

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Fightn4life

Quit Date:
October 23, 2003

PostPosted: July 13, 2005 2:43 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb.....I sent you a PM...Hope it helps. Smile

Sandyz

"Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living."

~Anonymous
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > message board tips All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: