quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Not Doing Good

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: February 5, 2007 7:15 PM    Post subject: Not Doing Good Reply with quote

My teacher at Goodwill is a lot like my abusive husband only she's a she and my husband was a man. Gee, I'm not having a good day today. A friend of mine who also went to Goodwill and has a brief experience with the same teacher talked me into telling my DRS counselor and the doctor everything about the teacher that bothers me. My Pysch counselor wanted for me to talk to my DRS counselor before I even went back to school but I didn't do it. No one listened to me the almost the whole time my soon to be ex husband emotionally battered me for 12+ years. Even when the abuse turned physical my own shrink at the clinic told me I should try to make my marriage work. D*arn, I'm angry at the clinic and all the people who would not listen to me. Now I'm finding poeple who are listening but I still have the hang up of why say anything, no one is gonna listen.

Sorry to go on. I'm getting emotional.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: February 5, 2007 10:11 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry things aren't going too well for you right now, Barb. My Mom always told me, when I was going through a rough period, that it's always darkest before the dawn. I'm praying this is your darkness and the beautiful dawn is right around the corner.

Chin up, friend. You've come a long way. You're on the road to finding happiness. Don't give up now!

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 5, 2007 10:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara,

It's going to take time to learn new patterns of communicating...after suffering abuse. Have patience with yourself.

As I see it....you're doing just fine....there will be steps forward...then steps backwards...then steps forward again. But you will arrive to where you want to go.

Blessings,

Donna

Just when the caterpillar thought his world was
coming to an end..........God made him a
BUTTERFLY.
Deb

Quit Date:
February 5, 2010

PostPosted: February 6, 2007 9:10 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb,

I'm sorry thing seem to suck right now. Hang on, your strong and as far as I've seen, have overcome many challenges. This too will pass. I know there are lot's of folks who don't listen and this may be discouraging but, don't stop trusting because even if it appears that others aren't listening, we need to vent. Come here as you have many freinds. Very Happy

Deb
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 6, 2007 11:07 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are the only one who can control your life. I know you can do this, Barb. As always, sending you good thoughts. You deserve to be happy.

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: February 6, 2007 11:59 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey friend TELL THEM ANYWAY.... and tell them over and over until you feel you are being heard. These new people seem to want to help so please give them a try. You are worth every effort it takes...please remember that.
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 6, 2007 12:17 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Miss Cowgirl up there.

No one should ever have to put up with that kind of attitude. EVER. Do what you gotta do.

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: February 6, 2007 3:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone.

I have been working on a letter to give to my DRS worker and also to go see him

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Rusty

Quit Date:
December 13, 2004

PostPosted: February 6, 2007 9:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

what cowgirl and jahunta said! Keep talking and talking and talking!

Rusty

The Buddha says: Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: February 6, 2007 10:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb, Love and prayers are being said for you. I may not get on the boards to often anymore but I can't forget my friends here. I think of you (all of youl) often. Don't give up!

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: February 7, 2007 3:37 PM    Post subject: What my DRS wants Reply with quote

Sad Thanks you two.

I sent my DRS counselor the letter I wrote and his response was to sit down with my teacher, someone else at Goodwill, and him and discuss my letter. He wants for me to send the letter I wrote to my teacher and I'm aussuming her supervisor also. The letter outlines some of the things the teacher has done that intimatates me.

Well, I feel very uncomfortable meeting with the teacher as I see no purpose in it. It's not going to change her or the situation I believe. I just replied to my DRS counselor that I would discuss it with my Domestic Violence counselor Friday and see how I feel about meeting with my teacher then.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 7, 2007 4:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Barb, sometimes the only person worth listening to is YOU! Trust your own instincts, as they are usually good ones. Tell everyone else to go fly a kite.

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: February 8, 2007 8:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pamela,

Thank you. My gut tells me not to meet with the group to tell the teacher the problems I have with her. I had sent my DRS worker an email asking him to please go into detail as to how it would benefit me to have such a meeting and what could I expect in such a meeting.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Lady

Quit Date:
July 1, 2005

PostPosted: February 12, 2007 7:36 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

BArbara,

I can so relate to all you are saying here. A lot of crap like that over many years has contributed to the problems I have now and the depression I've experienced. It just sucks some times and it really feels like no one cares. Unfortunately I know that feeling too well.

Hang in there. Keep taking those deep breaths. I don't have any words of wisdom. If you find some, please share them with me. I get to the why bother stage myself. I may even start a post of my own.

Lady

I cannot change the past, but the future is waiting for me.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: