quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I'm Pissed!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 6, 2007 12:32 PM    Post subject: I'm Pissed! Reply with quote

I'mm so friggin' pissed rightnow I could spit nails and rip heads!!*#&@#^$#&#$#*(#)(*) GRRRRRR! And the biggest urge to have a smoke. I'll post more later. I have to take daughter to work. Just needed to post and get this out of my system....I will need some opinions later though.

No, not going to smoke. Won't do that. It's jus tthis so blasted pissing me off to no end and the drive into town will do me good. It's my sister and her selfish way....ooooooo.... Mad Mad Mad

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 6, 2007 2:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back from town. The drive did the trick. The urge has past, as they always do Wink Now, to just deal with this issue that's looming. I'm still not a happy camper, but I'm at least calmer now. Confrontation is inevitable Rolling Eyes

We have a tradition that has been in place since forever. We always gather at mom's for Christmas Eve. Well, sissy is showing her behind and called mom and informed her that Christmas Eve is at sister's place this year Shocked Of course, mom is now upset because it's something very dear to her. And she (mom) doesn't even feel like celebrating this year or decorating because....as she said in a very sad voice...why, no one will be here. I'm sorry, but my sister is a A**hole! It's always about the "look at me" and me, me, me, and more me. I'm pissed because she is so heartless as to how mom feels. Not to mention how my family may feel about it. Which I already know the answer to that! Why, oh why....regardless, I'm going to have to be the one to confront her. Like I really needed this headache right now. Got enough to deal with just daily life...let alone this too.

Till later....Hugs everyone

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: December 6, 2007 6:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry, Deb. Families can sometimes be a royal pain!! Have you given any thought to telling sis that you and your family intend to spend Christmas as Mom's as usual? As an older Mom, I can understand how hurt she (Mom) must be at being forced to give up probably the one special day in the year with her family at HER HOME!

Our family, like yours I'm sure, is sooooo busy with running here and there that we really don't get to see them very often except weekly at church. If I were forced by someone to give up a special traditional time it would break my heart.

I know you're really angry with your sister and I don't blame you but she's being very selfish. God willing, she'll be a grandma someday too. Sure hope her offspring are more caring of her feelings than she is of her Mom's.

Sorry, Deb, but your post really made me "see red." The holidays are about family and getting along. After all, Mom isn't going to live forever and she should have Christmas at her house as long as she wants to and is physically able.

Prayers to you and yours.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
jlynn931

Quit Date:
September 22, 2016

PostPosted: December 6, 2007 9:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey deb,
hope you're feeling better. that sucks about your sister. my family is an hour away, so i just pretty much try to be where i'm told to be for holidays, gets harder now that i have a bf who wants to spend holidays with me. my aunt usually does holidays at her house though and i can't imagine it being any other way.
i kind of agree with jo on just having it at your mom's anyway. but then that might cause more harm than it's worth...
Hugs to you..
jenny
Nosmoex

Quit Date:
July 4, 2007

PostPosted: December 6, 2007 9:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deb, Families are quite the tangled web. I currently have four unanswerd emails that I have not replied to yet this evening. They are all about 'who's going where' for Christmas. I cannot win in this scenerio. Hope all turns out well for you. Just remember who you are and what you have done, and apply it to this issue. Piece of cake. Wink
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: December 6, 2007 9:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christmas is a few weeks away.
she didnt tell or ask anyone about changing
places to have it?
that is downright ignorant.
Our parents dont live forever, I think if your mom
wants it at her house you should just tell your sister
that is isnt going to be at her house, and go help your
mom decorate. She can do it when your mom isnt
up to it anymore. JMO
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 6, 2007 10:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

just go to your mother's house as usual and let your sister get together with herself.

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
machias

Quit Date:
September 17, 2007

PostPosted: December 6, 2007 11:27 PM    Post subject: Mom's Reply with quote

Deb, Can't you just say to your sister?-"Well, we will miss you at mom's this year. Hope you have a nice holiday. "

Help save the animals of Planet Earth--please do not BUY, SELL or WEAR Polyester. The little pink and yellow Polyesters are now on the endangered list. The little purple ones with the elastic around their waist are on the threatened list. Thanks!!
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: December 14, 2007 8:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow computer crashes yet again and you are having a hard time...sorry to have missed it but know that you can handle your own....

IMO, until your Mom passes the torch on her own accord, it should be at her house....My mother in law would have a duck fit if we tried to crash her parade....she is 90 and not giving it up yet....26 for Thanksgiving...
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Andi

Quit Date:
April 16, 2007

PostPosted: December 15, 2007 4:11 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Seabrez-I'm new to the board but not new to family drama and trauma. It is tough but why is your sister doing this? Why is she hurting your Mom? I can understand if she wants to have a Holiday Party but she doesn't need to infringe on your family tradition. You've got a lot of good friends here that have given you great advice. I have some sobering words. Our parents don't last forever. Don't let your Mom feel that she can't have her family at Christmas. You never know when your family won't be able to have her. Good to see that you know that smoking is not the answer.
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: December 15, 2007 5:38 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused Hey Deb....it's hard to break tradition. What does Mom want to do?

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: