quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How I feel this very second
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Idream

Quit Date:
October 9, 2006

PostPosted: February 15, 2007 6:38 PM    Post subject: How I feel this very second Reply with quote

Not together - angry- used-tired. I am doing all my work - all my bosses work - no more pay and I am due annual raise which boss is still to ill to handle so I will be quite for now - worked 97 hours last two weeks not to count hospital trips. Yes I know I am good because I took good care of my sister......but the flip side of that is she is my boss and now I am having to do it all at work. One good thing - because Boss got ill there will be no smoking in the offices - I guess I am not important enough as they did not quit smoking in offices when I was ill in October and spent four days in hospital.. See I do have my really down days. My coping skills - they are hard to practice today but I will go home and take a hot shower - and know that what I am doing is the right thing for now and the rest will work out in the future - one way or another - Right? Right? Crying or Very sad

He who would leap high must take a long run.
Danish Proverb -www.quotationspage.com
texas2step

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 15, 2007 8:04 PM    Post subject: of course it will.... Reply with quote

Of course it will work out. With or without smoking some things in life are hard and some people hard headed. Smoking doesn't change these things and it doesn't change or add anything to us..... to our souls.....

Hang in there. Sure bad days? But you know what, whether you smoke or not you'll have bad days so better to not smoke and see how you manage than to go back and ruin that "good feeling" you have starting.

I swear if I ever figure out handling the a-holes of the world I am gonna' sell the patent -Wink but until then I am gonna keep on plugging along not smoking and getting healthy to spite my enemies..... hey hey

Have a pleasant evening -Wink tomorrow when the sun comes up things will look a whole lot dofferent.

Texas

"You can't always have happiness, but you can always give happiness."
Anonymous

Quit: 8/14/06
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 15, 2007 10:49 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we face major issues and changes in our life, it creates a major stress on us, and our emotions. It's hard to cope with changes, especially changes that aren't planned and bring a constant strain on our bodies.

A hot shower and some "just you" time sounds like a good idea. As best you can, take care of you.

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: February 15, 2007 10:53 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Deb said, "Take care of you!"

Essie
4/14/04
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 15, 2007 11:48 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

as long as you keep doing the right thing today, mardi, tomorrow will take care of itself. promise.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Tammy

Quit Date:
February 16, 2004

PostPosted: February 16, 2007 1:38 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

Make some time for some much needed rest. You will feel better.

Tammy
Free and loving it!
Lady

Quit Date:
July 1, 2005

PostPosted: February 16, 2007 8:35 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idream... one day at a time. As long as you don't smoke you will be fine. Bosses are just so wonderful! Look at this as an opportunity! I have worked for many bosses like this where I wound up doing most of the work. I really gained TONS of knowledge from doing it. It is good that they trust you to do the work and it gives you experience for wherever life may lead you next. I use to feel your frustration but now, I am the boss so it is a whole new ball game.

Hang in there, one day at a time. Take a day off and have some fun. The sun rises again tomorrow. You are doing great in your quit!

Lady Smile

I cannot change the past, but the future is waiting for me.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Idream

Quit Date:
October 9, 2006

PostPosted: February 16, 2007 10:49 AM    Post subject: BETTER TODAY Reply with quote

THANKS TX2,DEB,KEVIN,TAMMY & LADY! Just the boost I needed - I seldom get these low times anymore but when I do - watch out. It is probably a good thing I am single and have no dog...LOL! I did go home and take that long hot shower and watched "Survivor" (my fav) and fell asleep shortly after it was over - did not make it to the news even so I must have been really tired. Today is Friday and this is the first weekend I do not have to go to a hospital in over 50 days......me all weekend - going shopping to get ONE new pair of fat jeans until I can get this 7 pounds of sitting around off.........hope you all have a great weekend.

Laughing Mardi

Idream

Quit Date:
October 9, 2006

PostPosted: February 16, 2007 10:53 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESSIE - YOU TOO...........FLOWERS SMELL WONDERFUL TODAY! THANKS

Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 16, 2007 12:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, Idream! Shopping...that is just what a girl needs Cool ...a treat for yourself, and some time just for you. Perfect! Wink Very Happy

Enjoy your weekend....sounds like you definitely deserve it!! Very Happy

Big Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Pamela

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 16, 2007 3:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - you do sound better now. We all have "those" days, smoking or not. I always had them when I was a smoker, but I never blamed them on smoking!

But when you quit, sometimes we have a tendency to blame the bad days on our quit...and that's just junky talk!

Remember, even though you're quit smoking, you'll still have those days that you want to hide in a corner with a blanket over your head!

The good news is that you won't still have an addiction to feed too!

Shopping>..what a good idea. Let's do it!

FIVE + years of freedom and loving it!

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 18, 2007 2:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good words from so many...good people
Idream

Quit Date:
October 9, 2006

PostPosted: February 22, 2007 4:23 PM    Post subject: No wonder...... Reply with quote

Tunis - I dig the "NoSmo Zone" sig...Pam - great flips and Seabrez - where I will be on vacation this year if all goes well.....Thanks for the support.

I came down with the bronchitis again so have been off line some due to too tired to do much but work and sleep. Saw Doc yesterday and got that good old steriods punches in the tusche and new drug to me and it works great...azithromycin z pac....two pills and I feel a LOT better already and only have to take for 5 days instead of the normal 10. Perhaps I will stay well for a long time now. It is finally warming up but now they say we may have tornados/severe storms this weekend and in February to boot. You just never know here in tornado alley. It is 72 here and that is way too warm for Feb so we will get storms. Hopefully a lot of rain - it is so dry here. I am doing okay with my quit - gained more weight but that will come off soon - need to get well first. Sister is doing much better and wanting to come back to the office part time starting next week - so we will see.

I wish you all easy quittin days - check back later......Mardi

Lori

Quit Date:
March 18, 2006

PostPosted: February 22, 2007 4:44 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just think how much more miserable that bronchitis would be if you were still a smoker! I had several bouts of it as a smoker myself. I'd fight to stave it off, but the withdrawal inevitably sent me scurrying for a smoke ... oh, the horror! Searing pain and suffocation!

See, now you can give yourself the proper care you deserve Smile
Be well and hope you are feeling better soon.
Lori
Idream

Quit Date:
October 9, 2006

PostPosted: February 22, 2007 5:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lori - yes - much better healing without smokes and I did not have to go to emergency or be hospitalized - yeah! I came down with it due to the fact I was huggin on my Grands and they pass all that stuff around at daycare.....but went a month without seeing them so just had to get my hugs and granny smooches! Worth every bit of it too...I already know that as I continue on my road to wellness these bouts will become less and less and already they are not near as severe - my Doctor was very impressed with me and he has been treating me for 20 years so that is saying something. He said my lower lungs sound much better - my wheezing is much better and I was just noticing - my gray hair is platinum - not yellow and my fingernails are white not yellow and my teeth are getting whiter...all is well with me...and hope it is with you as well. Mardi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: