quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anyone Out There?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
texas2step

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 1, 2007 8:41 AM    Post subject: I noticed.... Reply with quote

You know Lady, I noticed something about your posts. Someone else may have said this to you but here goes..... you are happy when you're helping someone else. I can feel it in your words. When someone here makes a cry for help and you reach out to them, you sound strong and confident and give such good advice. All you need to do is take your own advice and gain peace from your own strength - you have it girl - it's in you but you seem to do best at giving it to others than yourself that's all.

Maybe you need to become a professional therapist of some type or maybe you need to spend more time giving your strength to others in the mesage boards but whatever the case may be - go back and look at what you say to other people who are feeling less than happy and in need of a hug...... and read the words as if someone else said them to you.

You are a true Mother, you need to be needed to know yourself. That's all.

Bless you Lady

Texas

"You can't always have happiness, but you can always give happiness."
Anonymous

Quit: 8/14/06
Lady

Quit Date:
July 1, 2005

PostPosted: March 1, 2007 12:50 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas...

You are right again. I do need to be needed. Is that a bad thing?

Work is a mess right now and I'm diving in and making a difference. The need to be needed is being filled right now. I use to post a lot more on message boards than I do now. Helping others does make me feel great.

One question that may sound silly to some... is needing to be needed needy? Unhealthy? or just the way some people are?

I believe I am learning. You guys are really helping me to do that.

I cannot change the past, but the future is waiting for me.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
texas2step

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 1, 2007 12:58 PM    Post subject: not at all Reply with quote

Needing to be needed is NOT bad at all. Holy cow if it weren't for people who need to be needed, the rest of us who cannot survive alone would be up the creek without a paddle.... no indeed - you have one of those special souls that reaches out to others in need. People all through this forum have said "thank you Lady that really helped me" to you and you're always one of the first to respond on the board if someone cries out for help..... no indeed that's not bad at all it's WONDERFUL and the world could use millions more people like you.

Now, just turn some of that support and strength to yourself and you'd be about as perfectly happy a creature as God ever made -Wink

A world without people who need to be needed would be cold and unloving Lady. Just give more of that love to YOU.... you so are worthy of it.

Texas

"You can't always have happiness, but you can always give happiness."
Anonymous

Quit: 8/14/06
Lady

Quit Date:
July 1, 2005

PostPosted: March 1, 2007 2:18 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

That felt really good. I'm smiling. You just made my day. Thank you. Wink

I cannot change the past, but the future is waiting for me.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: