quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cough drops and Teeth pain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wildday

Quit Date:
October 2, 2006

PostPosted: February 28, 2007 4:19 PM    Post subject: Cough drops and Teeth pain Reply with quote

Hi everyone I have a question I will try not to give you my life story lol and confuse anyone, I have been eating cough drops like crazy and they help to calm my cravings and my anxiety. But just in the past week my left side of my mouth my teeth have started hurting and now today I when to eat something cold and both sides of my mouth top and bottom teeth hurt is this the cough drops or something that happens from quitting??

oh and I have Cold Sores I read here that you get them Who knew Id be excited to have them Shocked

One more question (I could go on all day with questions) I was in a car accident 11 years ago,I fractured my back a little bit below my shoulder blades (T6,7,8 and 10) Should I go and have them check my lungs? Im in constant pain in this area anyway I dont know what is what anymore. I have such nurve damage from my neck I dont know where any of my pain really comes from. Maybe my chest is just expanding more and moving stuff that usually doesnt move now that I can take a real breath??

Last edited by wildday on March 1, 2007 4:22 PM; edited 1 time in total
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: February 28, 2007 5:01 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be wise to get a medical professional's input on what you are experiencing. I think most quitters have some new ache's and pains that were superceded by nicotine and smoking - and without the smoking - they are much more noticed. Better to have a doc reassure you, than to keep wondering what's going on!

Hang in there - you are doing GREAT!!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: February 28, 2007 5:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto Mary Dude's advice on going to the doc.

As for the cough drops. My sister gave herself cavities (I thought it was four, but my memory is getting bad!) from placing Altoids between her cheek and gums. Sugar gets to teeth pretty quickly. You may want to see a dentist. At the very least having a teeth cleaning after quiting smoking is soooooooo wonderful!!!!

Congrats on your quit! Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
wildday

Quit Date:
October 2, 2006

PostPosted: March 1, 2007 4:25 PM    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks i'm gonna try and cut down on the cough drops and had planned on getting to the dentist my back pain I get the same answers from the office so I guess Im just stuck thanks for your posts have a great weekend
Colleen

Quit Date:
November 11, 2006

PostPosted: April 18, 2007 3:45 AM    Post subject: wildday Reply with quote

Hi. This is a real delayed response. I was just reading different post tonight, noticed yours here. Its funny but cough drops actually help me too.
I havent had any problems with them bothering my mouth. I will say that I buy the sugar free. By the way never feel wierd about asking questions.
I see you've been quit for some time now. I think thats great. Well good luck with the cough drops. Colleen.

Without courage, we cannot practice any other virtue consistently.
Maya Angelou.
wildday

Quit Date:
October 2, 2006

PostPosted: April 19, 2007 2:30 PM    Post subject: Cough Drops Reply with quote

Hi about the cough drops they did help me for a very long time, but the time came for me to let them go also like a bad habit because they did bother my teeth and I always chewed some of them too.I didnt get the sugar free and I know that was half the problem...honey lemon was my fav! But it became a habit lol and had to stop the drop <giggles> My teeth have gotten better and thankyou I feel great about how long I have quit for ***********but just last night had a dream I was smoking Rolling Eyes Woke up wondering if I did Mad ******* Oh well I can deal with a dream or 2 lol good luck on your quit also have a wonderful day!!!.... Arrow Wow.. Nov 11 was my Dads Bday good day to quit Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: