quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I Can't
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lady

Quit Date:
July 1, 2005

PostPosted: March 7, 2007 12:41 PM    Post subject: I Can't Reply with quote

Today is awful and I'm falling apart. I can't cope today..

I cannot change the past, but the future is waiting for me.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: March 7, 2007 1:22 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang on. You're a very strong person and you CAN handle this. Call a friend, take a walk, say a prayer. Just don't dwell on negative things. Think of your children and how very special they are in your life. I'll be thinking about you and praying for you.

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
Doggygirl

Quit Date:
February 26, 2007

PostPosted: March 7, 2007 1:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lady. I am new here within the last 10 days. But I have read many of your posts. You have been an inspiration to me - proving that there is life after smoking. You sound like an incredible person. I enjoyed your post just a day or two ago about how you talked to your boss, and he gave you leeway to "make a difference" and "fix what's wrong" in your work place. That requires incredible insight and talent, and also lot's of great people skills. Not to mention the bravery required to approach the boss with your ideas.

I hope you will tell us what you think is falling apart, and how in even a small way, we might help you cope. You obviously give readily to others, and if there is anything, no matter how small, I can give to you...I will.

{{{Lady}}}

DG

Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same. ~Francesca Reigler
Lady

Quit Date:
July 1, 2005

PostPosted: March 7, 2007 4:13 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am way too emotional. My toes have been stomped on and my feelings have been hurt. I know welcome to the real world Lady. Grow up and get over it. It's just too much today. I took an anxiety pill. I've been in tears all day. I just want to hide under the covers.

I was given the ok to institute my plans at work. Unfortunately, noone informed my co-workers. There is a guy from another plant helping out that is talking to me like I am dirt and stupid. I'm in the south. It's a stupid southern thing (I'm a yankee and proud of it!).

My head hurts. I'm taking deep breaths. I want to run away.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 7, 2007 5:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you run away, the bully wins. stand your ground; he'll back down. you can get through this, and when you do, you'll show your bosses and your coworkers - and most importantly, yourself - something about you: that you're a leader. i know it's scary, but remember: courage is not the absence of fear, it's doing what needs to be done in spite of your fear.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
texas2step

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 7, 2007 8:42 PM    Post subject: what Kevin said.... Reply with quote

Lady.... of course some southern men are male chauvanist pigs - they're just that - PIGS..... don't let this guy give you any crap - you can smile and tell him you're doing exactly what you were told to do by the boss and if he doesn't like that well it's his problem not yours.... I don't know why it is regardless of gender why some people can't work and play well with others but by golly just like Kevin says - don't let this guy win. You know how to do that..... just stand up and be yourself.

Don't let such people get you down Lady, they aren't worth one drop of your sweat and they're certainly not worth a drop of your TEARS!!!!!!

Come on now, get it together, you can handle this - you are way smarter than he is -Wink

Texas

"You can't always have happiness, but you can always give happiness."
Anonymous

Quit: 8/14/06
Doggygirl

Quit Date:
February 26, 2007

PostPosted: March 7, 2007 9:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lady wrote:
I was given the ok to institute my plans at work. Unfortunately, noone informed my co-workers. There is a guy from another plant helping out that is talking to me like I am dirt and stupid.

Hi Lady. It sounds like you are in a situation where you are dealing with a boss (or multiples) above you on the corporate ladder who have approved your plans, co-workers who are either at the same level as you or maybe one rung lower/higher? on the dreaded ladder (and no insult intended) and some peer type person - the guy from the other plant. For now, I would try to be polite, but ignore the guy from the other plant.

You mentioned that you have ideas that might improve operations or improve things on some level. Do the people you work directly with agree with you on that? (even partially?) If the people actually doing the work in question (the people that "no one informed" of changes) are up for some different leadership, some different ways of getting things done, can you involve THEM in the changes you have proposed?

I realize this might sound very "pipe dream" but believe it or not, if an organization can get together behind a common goal, it's amazing how everyone from the top on down can get on the same page.

Lady, I hope it's possible for you to help negotiate that sort of thing. If you're not there yet, don't give up. At least in my experiences, bosses and workers generally benefit equally from the overall success of the company. If you can help everyone focus their thinking in a common direction, you can be a real winner in terms of helping solve problems.

Best wishes!!

DG

Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same. ~Francesca Reigler
Lady

Quit Date:
July 1, 2005

PostPosted: March 7, 2007 10:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this was a tough day and it is over. I stood my ground. Told the guy from the other plant that he was rude and I will not tolerate him talking down to me. I am doing my job. He can either get on board or go back to his own plant and I will find resources elsewhere.

I have the backing of others in management just not all the supervisors see things the way we do. It is a big time of change in our company and there are always those resistant to change. It will be ok.

I was just extremely emotional today and I hate that. I am in managment. I cannot wear my feelings on my sleeve like that. I did wind up calling my counselor and talking to her for a few. She told me to stand my gound and stop letting people walk all over me. Those days are over and gone now. She is right. They are in the past.

Tomorrow is a new day. My eyes hurt from all the crying so I'm going to rest them now. Thanks for giving me somewhere to go. I really needed it today.

Lady

kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 7, 2007 11:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

lady wrote:
I stood my ground.

good for you. Very Happy

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Lady

Quit Date:
July 1, 2005

PostPosted: March 8, 2007 8:39 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new day. Chin up, best foot forward. Here we go.

kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: March 8, 2007 9:14 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Doggygirl

Quit Date:
February 26, 2007

PostPosted: March 8, 2007 9:29 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lady! Just wishing you an awesome day!!!!

DG

Lady

Quit Date:
July 1, 2005

PostPosted: March 8, 2007 12:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying so hard.

RiverdaleMan

Quit Date:
February 17, 2006

PostPosted: March 8, 2007 5:30 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have "it" you know "it". The key, as you know, one foot in front of the other step by step.

You will get there, I know.
Glad you stood your ground.

Cherrio
Phillip

If you are going through hell, just keep going.
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: March 8, 2007 9:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep moving forward...not sure if it applies...but someone said...fake it till ya make it....believe that you can - and it will happen! Keep the positive thinking going....

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: