quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

checkin in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dennyt

Quit Date:
April 5, 2007

PostPosted: May 7, 2007 2:38 AM    Post subject: checkin in Reply with quote

hey all, man oh man..

im still not smoking , been doing really well , still after these last couple weeks i get a craving or two.... and then i end up sitting up late at night like this, and being depressed.

i dont know why lol... i read the depression articles and ect, but nothing makes me feel better. I sleep it off and when i wake up im good to go again.

I keep getting these crazy thoughts that practically put me in anxiety mode ( what if i didnt quit soon enough?! what if im doomed by this!? ) ect

dont mean to sound so foolish, but its crazy

I walked 3 miles saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

didnt get winded once!

but i'll tell ya this.... ever since i quit, my stomach hasnt forgiven me lol

i had the habit of smoking during my trips to the bathroom ... so now i dont have those its really not the same lol ... man....

anyway.

I parked my riding mower.. and bought a push mower, for more excersize.. im trying to get myself more active (i work in an office) so I park my car as far away as possible to make myself walk.

I dunno why i keep feeling so down. I really dont wanna feel this way, just happens, makes me wanna smoke just to feel better, but i wont do it.

I wont give in, not after this much effort. Cold turkey was the worst quit i ever did.

I realised why this quit has been so much harder than my previous 1 attempt.

I used nicotine gum last time, and weened off.

This time, i used nothing. Just threw them down and walked away.

man oh man what a difference its been.

Anyway, i'll keep checking in guys. Thanks for all the support. It means alot to me.

Denny Very Happy
Patty129

Quit Date:
February 18, 2007

PostPosted: May 7, 2007 5:52 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denny....welcome back and happy first lunaversary.....as hard as it is to get through, the depression is pretty normal. It's brain chemistry and stuff that will take a while to get back to how it should be(some great reading on this board and a few others about it)....plus I found I was really "grieving" the loss of my addiction.....and of course grief involves depression......it's just really neat that you are staying strong and working through it. Good to see you here again.....Patty
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: May 7, 2007 7:37 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denny - I'm glad you stopped by with a positive update! Try to stay upbeat and understand that the depression is part of the process and stay focused on ways to reward your successes and healing. Sending you positive thoughts and prayers! Keep it going - You are doing great!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 7, 2007 9:34 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

almost everybody has some "bathroom issues" after quitting, denny (among its other fine qualities, nicotine is also a dandy laxative), but your body figures it out sooner or later (after all, we all knew how to poop before we knew how to smoke Wink )...

the depression is pretty normal, too (because nicotine is also a stimulant), and unless you're feeling suicidal, i wouldn't worry about that too much, either; it should even itself out after a while, too.

and the nrt vs. cold turkey debate is like religion or politics; lots of arguments with no clear winner - bottom line is, it takes some time to adjust to not poisoning ourselves any more, and it sounds like you're doing about as well as can be expected.

keep up the good work! Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
dennyt

Quit Date:
April 5, 2007

PostPosted: May 7, 2007 10:56 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice and good words guys. So it makes me feel better that the bathroom stuff's normal. its more of an uncomfort now than anything, i guess smoking was a tool for comfort for me,and since i quit i almost always feel uncomfortable lol..

but hey, i can breath the free air again and that means more to me every day i walk outside.

im really loving the excersise alot, makes me feel better and better every day.

slowly but surely i know i was meant to be a non-smoker. The depression part really sucks, but otherwise, its tolerable. (maybe time to treat myself with more fishing Lol)

will check back in soon! Smile
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 7, 2007 12:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

dennyt wrote:
(maybe time to treat myself with more fishing Lol)

Denny,

Here's the solution...you said it! Wink Very Happy The depression part, feeling unsettled, etc...treat yourself...and enjoy some fishing! It'll lift your spirits and bring some calm within.

Keep going..you're doing fine!! Cool

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Doggygirl

Quit Date:
February 26, 2007

PostPosted: May 7, 2007 12:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Denny!! YES go fishing! Wink

To the degree it helps you, I experienced huge emotional swings in the first few weeks - like DAILY. Stuff that didn't really make sense - crying for no apparent reason that made sense to me....and anger for no apparent reason. It did settle down thank goodness! I still have some moments like that, but it's not daily any more.

Best wishes with the poopy problem! Can't comment there...thank goodness I think (for me)! Wink

Beth
Day 70

Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same. ~Francesca Reigler
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: May 7, 2007 7:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep it going Denny, it definately will get better. Congratulations on your first month of freedom Boogie!

Essie
4/14/04
kannprint

Quit Date:
April 10, 2004

PostPosted: May 7, 2007 7:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you're doing really well, Denny. Congrats! Drinking lots of water may help with the bathroom issues as well as helping you get past some of the cravings. Can't hurt to try it. Very Happy

LIVE WELL, LAUGH OFTEN, LOVE MUCH.
Jo
nichole

Quit Date:
April 14, 2007

PostPosted: May 8, 2007 3:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wat to go, Denny! Don't be afraid to reward yourself. You DESERVE it!!

~nichole
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: