quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Feelin itchy with a B

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrissy

Quit Date:
April 21, 2007

PostPosted: May 14, 2007 9:10 AM    Post subject: Feelin itchy with a B Reply with quote

Ok i am still quit and goin strong but feelin itchy with a B as I keep getting the urges to smoke . I rode my bike 4 miles yesterday and I am just a little sore. The physical stuff is what keeps me goin and now I see thats why I started smoking again. I got lazy and stopped my exercising and had too much time on my hands to brew over things. I already decided after this post I am taking my shower and heading out to the park to ride my bike the 4 mile trail again before I go to work at 1 pm. Got frustrated this morning with the fiancee and wanted to smoke but it was just for a moment andf i talked myself sane again. I hate that we want to hurt ourselves when we get mad , sad or frustrated........i have to retrain myself to go take a brisk walk, bike ride, do a exercise video or something when I feel this way. Posting also helps (thank god for your site my bro Kevin !!!) Well today is day 24 and Im keeping my quit!! Everyone have a safe , happy smokefree day !! Hugs, Chrissy ~

Always In Love and Light
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 14, 2007 9:31 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulations on keeping it together, sis - you know that smoking will only hurt you (hmm... maybe if you try hurting your fiancee when you're mad at him instead of yourself... Wink )

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 14, 2007 9:42 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissy,

You may be feeling uneasy and fidgety (sp?)...but, you are over 3 weeks quit....and that, Girl, is awesome! Wink Very Happy

Remember, it's all about renewing ourselves and the way we do stuff. Like the bike riding...that's something you enjoy and it's a form of relieving stress. It just takes time...and you know, that it does get better! Wink Keep that in mind....this won't last forever...it will pass.

Keep up your great quit...and don't let Scowling Demon play with ya! Kick him to the curb!!!! Wink

ps...you know, you're pass the 22 days quit requirement..want to be on the Freedom Fighter list? Wink Cool

Hugs Chrissy!

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Doggygirl

Quit Date:
February 26, 2007

PostPosted: May 14, 2007 10:13 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissy, congratulations on getting through your craves and continuing your choice to not smoke. I'm sorry you had a fight with your fiance. I will admit to having similar thoughts as you describe when me and Mr. Doggy have a tiff. Beyond the reality that me smoking really hurts me the most (it would emotionally hurt Mr. D - but would hurt me WAY more on so many levels) I think of other things.

Different strokes for different folks of course, but I really hand onto my milestones. I love being a Freedom Fighter. As Deb suggested, check that out in Inspirations! You qualify, and if this sort of thing adds additional ammo and motivation to your quit - go for it! I have no interest in giving up the health benefits, the freedom from the ball and chain of worrying over when and where I can smoke, etc. But on top of that, I don't want to give up my Freedom Fighter status, the days of quit already behind me, my milestones at Quitnet, or any of the stuff that I've been working hard to "collect" in my virtual ex-smoking war chest.

You are on the right track!! I need to take a que from you and look to EXERCISE to beat the craves. (feel free to nag me like a shrew with suggestions about that LOL!)

Glad you worked through it!! Enjoy another smoke free day.

Beth
Day 77

Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same. ~Francesca Reigler
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: May 14, 2007 8:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy, Chrissy when you find the answer to this one please let me know....right now, I have enough rage going through me to fill everyone's cup on this whole site......I have weeded the flower beds and garden and then wham another problem and I am ready to explode again..If hubby called the guys with the little white jackets right now, I could not hold it against him....
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Patty129

Quit Date:
February 18, 2007

PostPosted: May 15, 2007 6:03 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Chrissy....it sounds as though you are using that "itchiness" or anger or whatever in a productive way and that's very cool....not only are you not smoking you are going to stay so fit.....what great revenge on the demon!!!!! Hang in there....we can do this

Patty
Chrissy

Quit Date:
April 21, 2007

PostPosted: May 15, 2007 10:46 AM    Post subject: thanx Reply with quote

thanx all, I am feelin better today but really sore from all this exercise. Didnt realize i was so outta shape. Yes !!! I wanna be a freedom fighter!!!! I cant wait to celebrate my first month smokefree Smile Gotta go clean house and get ready for work. Hugs and keep those quits!! Chrissy~

Always In Love and Light
nichole

Quit Date:
April 14, 2007

PostPosted: May 15, 2007 5:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're doing such a great job, Chrissy!

The itchiness with a B (which, BTW is my new favorite saying) is just a natural part of the quit. You are channeling it in the healthiest of ways, so KUDOS to you! I, personally, am embracing my itchiness with a B and utilizing it as an excuse whenever I can. Wink

~nichole
marw

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 19, 2007 9:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chrissy!

I don't know if I have welcomed you back or not, and if I've been remiss I certainly apologize. I was soooo very glad to see you back here....I remember it made my day at the time!

You are doing such a good job! Just hang in there, and remember it will get better. About the exercise, you are inspiring me to get back to mine, too! Very Happy

GO,go, Chrissy! Very Happy

Margaret
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 27, 2007 2:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Chrissy,

Glad your doing better by your last post. How are you now?

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: