quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Made it through the trenches
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: May 20, 2007 11:15 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing gotta tell hubby this one sow cows....hahahaha...yep, we would make a team...between sending money for the hogs and greeting the sow cows .. Laughing Laughing
|

Donna, I WANT to go to Italy but this is a good start....it gets me past Florida and Tennessee Laughing Laughing
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
swaneem

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 20, 2007 12:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay,

I personally love the French people....have been to Paris...and I've met many while I lived in Europe. France is still one of the Mediterranean countries...and I feel the lifestyle is the best.

Be prepared for fabulous dining experiences. That part of the world views food preparation as art and an experience. They don't "gobble down" food in a handful of minutes like we do....they really enjoy it.

You know...you could pop over to Italy while you're there! Very Happy

Donna

Just when the caterpillar thought his world was
coming to an end..........God made him a
BUTTERFLY.
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 20, 2007 1:11 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay,

Maybe, just sit back and watch. It's probably a combo of everything...Meloday, has a good point....making sure they don't get him back. After all, if the nut didn't fall far from the tree....the dad isn't going to want son back to spoil his freetime now. And, the son is taking advantage of them being here, as free babysitting....just happen to be convenient timing...that's not the reason they are here, but son is taking an opportunity here. And, it would look bad in court, if he is planning that in the future. As far as daughter needing help and they didn't come....well, it was Your daughter that needed the help...so they probably didn't feel a real urge to help out then...and that was before the whole blowup. Now that crap has hit the fan, a performance is now required. Wink ....ie...a showing of "concerned" parents/grandparents. Who knows Kay? Just watch, listen, and see what unfolds.

And yes, daughter needs to get a backbone....maybe she's scared of the guy and it's just easier to have you intervene....you are her rock. Not, necessarily right, but you are her security. It's not ideal, but at least, she does turn to you. Just keep urging her to do the right thing.

It's a fine line between helping and enabling....that gets a little blurred sometimes....just have to expect some responsibility on his and her part as a requirement to receiving assistance from you and hubby. ie...they do x and x and you and hubby will provide y and y. It's like a weaning process....little by little, step by step...and it all starts with them realizing that they have a problem. If they don't wake up to that fact, then nothing will absolutely help...everything then, is nothing more than just bandaids to cover a huge bleeding wound.

Hugs Kay!
Do you think Sept will get here soon enough? Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing

Big Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: May 20, 2007 6:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, to read the responses, I get better than madder than hell again....this jerk has put me in a very awkward position and I don't appreciate it.....I do not feel at ease calling my daughter's home to check on her or the grandkids...not that he will answer and our name comes up on his very expensive flat screen TV.

I guess he got his feelings hurt and it festered to this point....hell, if I had of known all this would blow up, I would have nailed his ass along time ago instead of developing breathing problems and overeating!!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I was never good at keeping things bottled up and tend to explode when jar gets too full. I guess we are just potted plants around here as his parents did not have the decency to even call while they were in town...not that I missed her chanting... I guess people are just different...I know if his Dad had of called her saying he could not tell if she was hyperventalating on the phone or if it had gotten physical, I would have been in contact the next morning....If they had ever called us and we lived 5 hours away, you better believe my radar would get activated and I would be finding out what was going on... I WOULD not pretend all was just peachy.

No, Sept is not coming fast enough so I am looking a taking a trip way before....maybe to Sundance in Utah or to Montana or to see my uncle in California who lives on the beach in San Pedro...I get my firecracker attitude from him Laughing Laughing someone nailed him on prozac though Laughing Laughing .

I tried to push Italy this trip Donna but hubby said it would be about 700 miles...hmmm wonder if they have one of the fast trains running from Italy to France....I may get over there and stay put....the long distance charges should deter alot...
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: