quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I thought I would

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: May 21, 2007 12:15 PM    Post subject: I thought I would Reply with quote

answer this question about where do we go from here? Sometimes we go completely crazy and drive people insane and then we are back to "normal". Sometimes we are quite and reserved in our thoughts keeping them only unto ourselves.....Sometimes we just sit and cry until we cannot cry anymore.....in the end, we do not smoke.... just my take on this question this morning...
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 21, 2007 1:04 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay,

Thanks...cause I needed this today. Asking myself that question....where do I go from here? Realizing through the last few days, I do not have an adequate way to cope with overload in my life right now...and yes, the thought of going back is playing havoc on me right now.

Wondering just where do I go from here? Good question, and one I'm not sure how to answer today. Sad All I know today, is that I'm struggling through this, and just going through the motions of life right now. Keep choosing not to go back, but it's not a gun ho choice...just a choice to stay put...cause even though my vision is cloudy right now, I don't want the clouds to clear and then realize that out of stupidness of frustrations and stress, a bad decision was made and then regret. So, I just stay put for the moment.

Thanks Kay...once again for the help.

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 21, 2007 3:31 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for starting a good topic, kay.

deb, please realize that you do have an adequate way to cope with your life, now and always: you just do the next thing that's in front of you to do, and do it with all your heart.

you say "the thought of going back is playing havoc" with you; do you really believe that going back is going to help you cope with anything? has it ever before? what makes you think it will now? that's just the junkie talking.

also, don't stay put; keep moving. put one foot in front of the other, do the next thing that comes to hand, and don't look back; you're not going that way.

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: May 21, 2007 5:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just love the man and the dog Laughing Laughing thank you Kevin for AGAIN making a light bulb go off in my head......I have been looking back for the past few days...down and out...no my heart was not in anything....NOW, I know the problem.....my feet were pointing forward but my head was turned backwards thus I was just plum STUCK. You would have thought I would have gotten it by now....to LIVE IN THE MOMENT AND NOT THE PAST AND TO LET TOMORROW TAKE CARE OF ITSELF. Geezeeeee, where has my brain been????

Ok, Deb we now know to tackle the next thing in front of us that REQUIRES our attention and to remember just which way we are going....(which is hard to do for grandmas these days).

A huge thank you Deb and Kevin!!!!
Kay

kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 21, 2007 8:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 22, 2007 6:37 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin,

No, I don't think it will solve anything Wink ...I know that from past experience all too well. Exclamation I believe that stress must set off this huge trigger and it plagues me with the thoughts of the "old"...which you are right, and I've said it myself...don't look back! Sometimes, I get so overwhelmed, it's like being in muck....stuck in muck, and frozen. What I actually had in mind about "stay put" was not making a move to go backwards...but to just wait it out. That's what I had in mind. But, what you said, spoke volumes also...because it is what I need to do. Move forward...no matter how small the step...just keep moving forward...ie..keep going! Wink I guess I hit the wall of overload, and need to do one of two things...either climb over it or tear it down! Laughing Laughing Laughing

It's funny, before I read this post yesterday, I attempted a nap. Thought about several things, and basically the answer to my problem of how to cope with it all surfaced and then I read your post...and here I thought He didn't hear me...cause I felt hung out and dry....lost and wandering...and wondering. But, the answer came and your post is a part of that answer....thank you. I will MOVE IT! Little Buddy watches Madagascar sometimes...in the movie the king lemur sings a song very upbeat, and lyrics are....."I like to move it, move it....I like to move it, move it"... talking about dancing. Time for me to move it also....one step, one thing at a time....and with all my heart...that's the key! Wink With motivation and spunk inside! That's what's been missing that spunk! Life can drain the spunk and zest....thanks, Kevin! You just know how to cut through to the chase! Cool

Ok, Kay...we've been spinned back around...facing the right direction (forward)...thanks to Kevin....so on we go!!!

just do the next thing that's in front of you to do, and do it with all your heart. ....as you said, I will do!

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 22, 2007 3:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post Kay,

Thanks.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 22, 2007 8:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile deb!

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: May 23, 2007 4:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys...I hear ya - and I've been doing battle with the demon too! I pause, I pray and I take a really really deep breath. The kind that would have made me cough my head off as a smoker. And I remind myself of just how the chains of addiction felt - not what it felt like to smoke - I remember the crazy craves that hit every hour. The wake up in the middle of the night to smoke craves and I remind myself that I'm a nicotine addict and that I chose to be FREE!

One day at a time...keep forging ahead - smoke-free!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 23, 2007 8:01 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen Mary! Wink Cool

Good to see you! All three of us are facing alot of stress right now. Mary, you especially! You are in a total different state of stress and change to what you knew and was here in the States....and add on top of that...smokers all around! My hat is off to you with a deep bow from the waist! Wink Exclamation Keep standing Mary and don't let the demon sucker you in. Some how, I know you will keep standing....you are just good that way!!! Wink Wink Very Happy Nevertheless, the battle rages and you still have to deal with it....so sending a big hug just cause I know how you feel!!! {{{{{{Mary}}}}}}

(Kevin, we really could use a bright girlie pink~not pastel~for these type of times Laughing )

Love Ya and Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: May 23, 2007 9:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mary, good to see you are still watching our backs.....demon get away from her and leave her alone...geeezeeeeee don't you think she has enough to do?????

Kay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > life beyond the smokescreen All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: