quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anyone up for an official woofmang work out thread?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 6, 2007 9:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been sick with allergies and now a sinus infection. I haven't been up to too much other than going to the store. My shoulder also has been hurting bad. I'm going to get moving asp when I can get some energy.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 6, 2007 9:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is good....Allie, Mary, Nita, and Barb... Very Happy Cool! Cool

Well, I weighed myself today...not a pretty picture....158 lbs. Not exactly jumping for joy over that number. And after reading some...the whole menopause issue...more possible weight gain with that. Mad Oh...this just keeps getting better! Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing Double whammy on the whole weight gain issue...this just isn't fair! Laughing Laughing Ok...I definitely have get a workout program going....cause, yes, Kay....I'm fighting aging tooth and nail! And I'm not blimping out any more than I already have...which is more than I ever weighed. Ugh!

So, walked today! Allie thanks for the exercise tips...and I probably will be doing my walking in the morning early. I won't have to worry about a time crunch with everyone's schedule. Mary...reading your "light" workout...uh...I've got alot of work to do to even come close to your stats!!! Definitely an inspriation to reach for! Cool, Nita for getting back at it...and Barb, feel better soon to join us.

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 7, 2007 12:06 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Deb, my goal weight is about what you weigh now! I'm tall so in the 150's is not bad for me. Early morning walking sounds great to me.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 7, 2007 9:40 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning Barb!

I can see that. You are tall...and you can carry 150 lbs nicely. My Aunt is about your height and she would look real good around that weight. The number itself does vary from person to person depending on the build.

Me...I'm 5'5" and medium build...so my ideal weight ranges from 120-130. I definite feel the difference heavier...at about 125, I feel my best...full of energy and unburdened in movement. And that's where I want to be...just feeling better. Wink Laughing

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
AllieCat

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 8, 2007 8:19 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so fun! Yesterday all I did was walk. Almost 2 miles Very Happy
I get back in the basement tomorrow! Gotta get groceries and go tanning after a bit Wink
nichole

Quit Date:
April 14, 2007

PostPosted: June 8, 2007 12:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

You all have inspired me. I went running yesterday and now I can hardly make it up the stairs Laughing Laughing It was nice to run without feeling like I was going to pass out! Yay lung capacity!!!

I am also doing a dance at my kids' school. Shocked The teachers and PTA board are doing Michael Jackson's Thriller dance for the dance festival next week. OMG... It's gonna be too funny!! I'm wearing a prom dress (ripped and dirty) and we'll all be zombie'd with makeup and stuff. Anyway, daily dance practice has been a workout too!!

~nichole
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 11, 2007 12:24 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicole, that dance sounds like fun and should be a wonderful memory looking back on it one day too.

Deb, how did you know how tall I am? I didn't know I metioned it.

I walked last night just a tad bit and about 3 blocks today at a block at a time meaning I rested inbetween the blocks.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 11, 2007 11:27 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

woke up 30 minutes early to do some stretching, upper body with weights, squats, lunges, got dressed and walk to the light rail. Walked into work too. WooHOo!!
J

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
ramblerboy2

Quit Date:
April 16, 2007

PostPosted: June 11, 2007 7:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this thread is timely! I also have started trying to exercize and eat better, I was doing great for a couple of weeks but just passed 4 days without doing any!

I got up to about 5 miles a day walking, and was trying for a goal of 30 miles a week. On the rainy days I did the stairs in my building 4 or 5 times (its a 12 story building, I live on the top floor, so I would walk down to the bottom and back up 4 or 5 times) the first time I did that my calves were SO soar! Wow!

anyway, trying, like jahunta, to do several small meals. I just need to keep disciplining myself to do some kind of exercize every day!

Josh

Twitter @joshualaporte
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 11, 2007 10:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Friends,

Well, sad to say...the exercise was put on hold thru the weekend and today. But Hubby is home, and it's been non-stop go and running Laughing Laughing Laughing I'm exhausted tonight and my feet are sooo sore!

Barb...you didn't mention you're actual height....but I'm gauging by the picture of you and Elvis, as to your height Wink

Hugs All

Living in Freedom
Deb

Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 12, 2007 3:02 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Deb, you are very observant noticing I'm tall in my picture.

I am so proud because yersterday I walked about 2 whole blocks all at once which I have never done that much at one time in years. I usually do a block at a time.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
AllieCat

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 14, 2007 12:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I think I am back. Damn it's been a zoo around here! Part of it is Kevin's fault too Wink DH saw the pic of Layla. He's been talking about getting another dog and by golly last Sunday we went to adopt a pet. He picked out a year old female black lab. They spayed her Tuesday and we picked her up yesterday. Buddy is doing ok with her. She has to be on a leash tho, so my exercise is running thru the woods as she chases Buddy.
Oh, we call her Missy but I wanted to name her sissypoo since she is Buddy's sissypoo now.
I swear I am going to get back in the basement by Monday!
My diet has sucked... lol.. McD's on Monday and yesterday. But that's about all I ate too, so still holding my own at 130. Catch yaz later!
*smoochies*
Allie
AllieCat

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 14, 2007 12:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara K. wrote:

I am so proud because yersterday I walked about 2 whole blocks all at once which I have never done that much at one time in years. I usually do a block at a time.

YaY Barb and everyone else too! You guys are doing awesome!
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 15, 2007 10:15 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks Allie. Do we get pictures of sissypoo? I love those animal pictures. It sounds like the lab will keep you in shape. Smile

I walked around my apartments last night to the size of 3 whole blocks! I did stop twice though to talk to the same nighbor who was working on his car. Today I walked around the nursing home and danced my butt off to music tonight. My friend who was over tonight had asked me had I lost some weight.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: June 15, 2007 10:25 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dogs walk me twice a day...around the pasture and up a small mountain (bigger than a hill Wink ) and back....I really miss it when I don't get to go....hubby rides on Wilson the name I gave to his RTV and calls that walking the dog Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes.

The rest of my exercise has been with my eyeballs reading my new books and loving every minute of losing myself in it.. Laughing Laughing so yes, I would say I am pleasingly plump or as hubby calls me HEALTHY....
Laughing Laughing
Kay

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: