quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anyone up for an official woofmang work out thread?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AllieCat

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 28, 2007 10:58 AM    Post subject: Anyone up for an official woofmang work out thread? Reply with quote

Ya know brag, inspire or whatever.. lol
I rode my exercise bike 2 miles this morning in about 13 minutes then I worked out on the bowflex for about 40 minutes. Mostly upper body and crunches and stuff. Music on my I-River was Guns and Roses, Sweet Child of Mine! Very Happy
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 28, 2007 11:03 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

i played with my puppy, drank coffee, and took some pictures.

(not much of a workout, i know, but i felt like responding anyway... Wink )

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: May 28, 2007 1:16 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I walked for an hour last night - and will walk or run this evening after work is done - and I need to do sit ups and push ups. Preparing for a Physical Fitness Test!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 28, 2007 1:33 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, hmmm...morning loving count? Embarassed Wink , drank coffee, and running after and weight lifting a very active crawling little one Laughing

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
AllieCat

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 28, 2007 4:00 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it all counts as long as your heart rate is up and you are breathing hard.... Wink
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: May 28, 2007 4:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Not much moving today but yesterday I danced my fanny off with an Elvis impersonator.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
AllieCat

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 31, 2007 12:12 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

All righty then!
Tuesday I worked in the garden for about 2 hours, got my beaners planted and my fence up. Then I rode the bike for 2 miles later in the day. Needless to say, yesterday I felt like someone kicked the crap outta me Rolling Eyes So all I did yesterday was clean the apartment in the barn. Today so far all I have done is hurt my back... lmao.
Willo you are almost 54 not 24 !!!!!!!!!
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 31, 2007 2:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been walking to work from the train (about 1.2m) and during my lunch hour for 45 minutes (about 2.4m). Need to get on the Total Gym again, but have some free weights in my room, and I do some serious stretching and crunches in the morning. I could use a workout thread. I could use the support!

I"m in!

J

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
AllieCat

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 3, 2007 12:34 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Whew* OK I think I am ready to start again tomorrow jahunta and anyone else who wants to play. I don't know wtf I did to my back last week but it's been no fun! Kinda living on advil since then. Not sure if I strained a muscle or pinched a nerve but I can't remember the last time I messed me up this good. Laughing
I woke up Friday morning ready to get back on induction with like only 20 carbs a day and remembered step-kid was going up to krispy kreme so I put that induction on hold until tomorrow! Not gonna not eat a donut!
So back at it on Monday!

*Hugs*

Day 67! Woohoo baby!
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 3, 2007 4:48 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Allie!

Ok, I've put it off long enough...I'll join you. Mine won't be as intense as yours, but I need to start walking on a daily basis. Walked a bit yesterday...it felt good.

And....here ya about not missing out on those donuts...Krispy Kremes...mmmmm! Monday is a good start to start fresh!....after a little weekend treat Wink Laughing

I don't know about your fanny,...but mine could definitely use a slim down....a toast to slimmer fannies! Wink

Big Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 5, 2007 5:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Allie!

Well started yesterday...walking. Walked 1/2 mile each day. It's not a great amount, but it's a start...at least, I'm moving! Wink Laughing I do need to build a routine of exercise. Figuring out a time when I can fit it in is the challenge. Been seriously considering walking early in the morning while everyone is still asleep. And it'll get me pumped for facing the day.

Grocery shopped...and stocked in healthier choices of food Wink Also been thinking about dusting off The South Beach Diet book for a refresher there.

Which exercises would be good for the buttocks, thighs, and hip area? Anyone have a suggestion in that area? I like to bike ride,but hubby has maintainanced the bikes yet this year...and with a little one, it's a bit harder to just ride. Yet, could also do that in the early morning before everyone else gets up.

So, how are your workouts going? And the carb counting?

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: June 6, 2007 2:22 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short run yesterday morning after night shift - about 1.5 miles - and just sit ups and pushups. Will walk home in the morning - 2.5 miles and stretch before bedtime.

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
AllieCat

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 6, 2007 2:51 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys! Glad to see you moving without me... lol. My back is better but I wanted to get my garden done, which I finally did today. I was going to work out Monday but a hectic morning and the boys (dh & sk) talked me into going to the movies in the afternoon. So, popcorn for dinner. Not exactly low carb... Rolling Eyes Oh and that pirate movie is great! If you liked the other ones. I been walking the dog and walking the driveway tho. Still stuck at 130#. Could be worse tho I know. I am renewed and fortified and ready to get skinny and fit!
AllieCat

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 6, 2007 3:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doh! Forgot to add something. Deb! Riding the bike early in the morning or even walking early is great! I used to walk 2 miles every morning before I went to work when we lived down in civilization. As for butt and thigh exercises, biking, stair climbing. squats. Also if you stand and hang onto a chair or something, use the weight of your leg as a weight. Lift it straight out to the side slowly so as to have some resistance, also kicking back slow works on the butt Laughing
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 6, 2007 5:14 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,
I started walking again (train to work, and another 2 miles during lunch), changed my morning meals to oatmeal and to HBE's (hard boiled eggs) not to be eaten consecutively, but to help with the "several little meals" thing. It works for me. I still do my morning stretching, but my evenings are so full, I would love to get the squats and upper body going again, so I'm going to have to find the time to squeeze all that in. But I'm back in it!

J

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: