quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anyone up for an official woofmang work out thread?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: June 16, 2007 12:57 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I walked/ran last night - in the dark on the track. I woke up to eat dinner and then found out that they'd ended the exercise and I didn't have to go work the night shift...since I'd slept for 5 hours during the day - I needed to exercise - so I walked the first mile, did the second mile sprinting a lap, then walking a lap, and just jogged the last mile - and then did sprints up the hill....and then I just walked back to the barracks - soggy with sweating. That was one mile for every year I haven't smoked...it REALLY felt good! I would not have been able to do that three years ago. Its a great feeling!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 17, 2007 9:26 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb...Good going on walking more than usual. Keep it up. Very Happy

Allie...running through the woods, counts!!! Laughing Wink Isn't that what you said...if the heart rate is up...it counts!

Mary...you are just plain awesome, Girl!

Kay...ditto on walking the dogs, it counts! And reading...exercising the mind! Cool

Me...yesterday, we walked and walked at the car show. Hoping to start back on a regular routine tomorrow.

Hugs Everyone!

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
AllieCat

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 18, 2007 2:04 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great! I am so happy that we are all doing something! I am still just running thru the jungle but it's been soooo freaking hot here! It's like 95 today! It's supposed to cool off tonite tho. Hell I work up a sweat just walking around the house! Laughing
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: June 18, 2007 5:59 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just walking today...got shots/immunizations today - but ran two miles yesterday evening - not super fast - but fast enough - 21 min 35 sec.

Mary D.
jahunta

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 18, 2007 6:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walked to work from the train station this morning, and realized most of my issue isn't working out,. So my focus for the next couple of weeks is to change my eating habits and to continue with the exercise, and try and get into the gym once or twice a week, and if I can stand getting up a 1/2 hour earlier, get my blood flowing early.

Yay for us! Great thread Allie

J

Quitting is Living!!!
QD: 2/15/04
ramblerboy2

Quit Date:
April 16, 2007

PostPosted: June 18, 2007 9:05 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have been walking regularly, and trying to go up and down the stairs for at least 15 minutes on rainy days. Its going well and has become part of my routine, i.e. I feel like I have to make the time for it. I walk a good long way, like 4-8 miles a day, which feels really good!

I was being very careful about what I ate for a while but quickly got sick of that. I think I have been better about not eating insane portions of stuff and also of keeping track (roughly) of how many calories I am eating in a day.

Also have been swimming in the pool. Unfortunately it is really not long enough to do real laps in, but its nice to splash around for a while. I am AMAZED at how much more endurance I have now!

Josh

Twitter @joshualaporte
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 19, 2007 12:21 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost 3 lbs!!!! Very Happy

Down to 155 lbs when I weighed myself this morning! YES!!! Now to just keep it going.

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Barbara K.

Quit Date:
December 23, 2004

PostPosted: June 23, 2007 5:22 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Deb on the 3 lb weight loss. I have lost about 5 pounds since the weather turned warm. I seem to flucuate a lot back and forth.

I walked again about 3 blocks the night before and danced my butt off last night. I'm like Josh I and Nita, I need to concentrate on the food thing.

Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn arouind and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

Blessings,
Barbara K.
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 23, 2007 6:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barb, thanks! And good for you on losing 5 lbs! Dancing....now that'll burn some calories Wink And the best part...it doesn't seem like exercise!!! Very Happy Cool Just total fun! Now, that sounds like the perfect exercise program Wink

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

AllieCat

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 30, 2007 2:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slime flies when you're having fun... or something like that. Sad
Well I think I am back again. The last two weeks have sucked big weenie and I didn't feel like depressing everyone here with my crap. But anyhow, I got over it. Turned 54 feeling fat and ugly! Oh and short too! I had a physical and my doc told me I was only 5'7.5" tall. And here I was under the misconception that I was 5'9", since I have been 5'9" since high school Rolling Eyes And I forgot what fun fun fun it is to have two dogs. And be the primary care giver for both Crying or Very sad DH not exactly living up to his 50/50 promise when I agreed to adopt missypoo. But oh well, I feel better. Some of this should prolly be in the rant thread but I don't feel like putting it there.
This past week I did start working out for real. Wednesday I rode the bike for a mile and worked out on the bowflex for half an hour. Then Thursday I worked out on the bf for half an hour. Yesterday and today have just been running around chasing two dogs in the pond. Missy got her stitches out and learned how to swim!
Went back to my low carb roots and have been keeping it to under 50 a day and this morning I weighed 127.8 so that is an improvement.
Congrats on your 3 lbs Deb! And everyone else who is getting jiggy with it!
Oh and I had two smoking dreams in a week! What a freaking rotten thing to do to me... lmao
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 30, 2007 11:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Allie! Happy Birthday! Very Happy

Thanks....and feeling fat? At 5'7" and 127 lbs....sounds like a nice size to me. Maybe some toning in areas might be needed, but to think of "fat"...I'm on the chubby side..cushy...5'5" and 155 lbs. That's some cush and plump on the bottom end of things Laughing Laughing Laughing I think the whole getting older thing plays with us. I know I get to feeling down about it all. Feel the same, fat, ugly, and see the age signs...ugh!

Chin up...sounds like ole Scowling Demon has been playing his head games with ya. I'm glad you posted I was wondering about you the other day. And know how you feel about others not keeping up their side of the responsiblity in the pet department...2 dogs here also...one is son's and guess who takes care of it? Yep, me..and the dog sleeps with me too...and crowds the bed to top it off. Rolling Eyes Matter of fact she and the other took off tonight running. They arrived back home just a little while ago...soaking wet!!! Ugh! We live near a pond in the back and creek down the road.

The time between month 2 and month 3 can be a bit rough. Just keep on hanging in there.

Big Hugs {{{{{{Allie}}}}}

Living in Freedom
Deb

AllieCat

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 2, 2007 2:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the chin up thing Deb. I feel much better about things. I realize that Laughing Demon is effing with my head. I figured out that since this is my "first" ever quit, I am supposed to fail Rolling Eyes so I can come crawling back at some point ashamed of myself. I hope I am wrong about that!

Yesterday's exercise consisted of working out in the yard pretty intensely for about 2.5 hours. Buddy used to have a kennel and I had sk take it down (since we haven't used it in 4 years), so I ripped up weed mat and raked up, shoveled up and wheeled 30 cubic yards of cedar chips out to the woods.

Today I walked the dogs, worked out on the bf for 40 min and then vacuumed and mopped all the vinyl in my house! Whew!
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 2, 2007 5:11 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Yeah, that's a workout! Wink for sure!

Hey, first quit....it matters not, you won't fail...just keep kicking him down and it'll be the final too!!!

Got to tell you this..it's so funny...when you type in bf for the bowflex...my mind thinks "boyfriend"...and the very first time I read bf...and you said you had workout on the bf...I about cracked up laughing. Laughing Laughing Laughing ..leave it up to the imagination Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing Then I realized what was actually being said was "bowflex".

Just a little side note there to put a smile on your face.

Hang in there ...you are whooping this!

Big Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: July 3, 2007 12:41 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I walked around the entire Charlotte airport terminal - all of the concourses while waiting for my flight this evening...with my small backpack - in uniform and boots....had to be at least a mile or two....
Arrived at my sister's for my four-day pass - resting and relaxing. Looking forward to getting to Curves to workout with my sister....sure have missed doing the circuit...

Mary D.
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 3, 2007 8:28 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I love about you Mary....you always look for opportunities and see them whereever you are! Very Happy Instead of just waiting, you saw the chance to exercise at the airport. Now, just how cool is that!!!! Cool

You go, Girl! Enjoy the time off....you most definitely deserve and have earned it.

Big Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > continuing the journey to wellness All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: