quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A Special Thanks to Texas2Step

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doggygirl

Quit Date:
February 26, 2007

PostPosted: May 28, 2007 1:59 PM    Post subject: A Special Thanks to Texas2Step Reply with quote

As noted in my post about my 3 months of quit, I was wondering where Texas went! I would just like to pay Texas a little tribute for what she gave me very early in my quit. Texas, you made a huge difference for me!! You showed me that JOY early on is possible, even while doing serious battle with the demon everyday.

When I first came here to Woofmang I was on day 2 or 3 some horrifying day. My response to practically everything was:
Option 1: Ball yer eyes out
Option 2: Rip a face off
And there really didn't seem to be other options, at least not in my head, in response to even the most mundane things in life.

Then here comes Texas, posting a lot right when I was in the midst of Hell/Heck/Weak and DANG miserable. Texas is frickin' HAPPY in every post, dangit. And she's maybe 6 months quit in front of me or so, but not years or anything like that. My brain said "what the sam hill is the MATTER with this woman being so happy!!! Isn't she still supposed to MISERABLE as all GET OUT right now???" Of course I never said that "out loud." Just kept wondering why Texas was so dang happy!

I realized through reading her posts that a big part of happiness is a choice too. Just like choosing not to smoke. Choose to be happy. Every morning when I get up out of bed I can start my day on the right side of the bed or the wrong side of the bed. The cup is half full or half empty - same amount of stuff. It's all in how you look at it.

Everyone here has valuable words of wisdom for me and for many others. Please don't take my tribute to Texas as a diss to anyone else - that is so not the case. The wise (IMO) words of Texas just happened to be there for me at the right time and in the right place.

So Texas, for you my dear friend. Thank you for teaching me that not only can I succeed at quitting, but I can also find JOY in quitting early on.... I don't have to wait years and years to find it.

Hugs to Texas, and also to everyone at Woofmang who is part of my quit.

Beth
Day 91

Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same. ~Francesca Reigler
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 28, 2007 9:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice tribute, Beth!

Those who touch us in a special way in our quit always remain close in our hearts!

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: May 28, 2007 11:52 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: