quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Teenager's!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moose200x

Quit Date:
May 11, 2009

PostPosted: June 22, 2007 7:32 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

14 year old? hmmm......football. make him play football.

look at my teen year resume.

11yo, kicked out of 6th grade for fighting, had been in 6 fights the first half of the school year and also was suspended for bomb threat.

12yo, bad grades, fighting. abusvie to family members. tried to get kicked out of school agian......

13yo, thoguh, hey! i wanna play football. broken nose, finger. twisted ankles and cuts. lost 15 lbs, got stronger. grades were all b's cuz you cant play foot ball w/ c's......

14-19 0 fights, 0 suspensions. graduated highschool.

football kicked my ass into shape.

i'll never forget the day my coach scream at me in the locker room for leaving my game jersey in my locker all week. i said "oh, i'll get it washed tomorrow" and he went off. he said he was going to take it home and get it washed for me...... and if i wanted it back i had to run 10 suicides in the gym after everyone left. he didnt even wait around for me to make sure i ran em, but i did. every last one.......

nothing like a sport to make a boy into a man

Quit attempt #2!
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: June 22, 2007 8:23 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mickey!

Know exactly how you feel! And you have every right to be PISSED! Wink And you have the cure..."follow through" on the threats...turn those threats into promises of action. Set those guidelines of expections..and if they aren't met...ground, and yank those privileges away...and make it hurt! Shocked Wink

Expect lots of whining, fit throwing, and possible cussing...but stand your ground mama! Like I say around here...No means NO! And yeah, sometimes...alot of times, I'm not very popular, but parents are parents and the kids are the kids.

Just don't smoke through it all!

Big Hug!!!!

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: June 22, 2007 9:58 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mickey, Just so you know you are not alone I want to tell you my daughter just left here singing that same song about my teenage grandson. No words of advice here, been there, done that, long time ago. Will teenagers ever change? Probably not, I once read the explaination for their behavior - if they stayed sweet and lovable we would never want them to leave home. As long as they are obnoxious we can't wait to see them go! Hang in there, before you know it he will be a young man and you will miss him!! ((((Hugs for now))))

Essie
4/14/04
Cowgirl UP!

Quit Date:
July 26, 2004

PostPosted: June 23, 2007 12:37 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing ONLY BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN THERE ! IT WAS AND STILL IS AMAZING HOW THEY ALWAYS TURN THINGS AROUND AND SUDDENLY IT IS YOUR FAULT... THEY ARE MASTERS AT IT....JUST REMIND HIM WHO IS IN CHARGE... Wink
KAY

All with a little help from my friends, COWGIRL UP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > and rants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: