quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pressing on Towards the Goal - A Devotional

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 14, 2007 3:31 PM    Post subject: Pressing on Towards the Goal - A Devotional Reply with quote

Quit Friends,

As I read this devotional, it reminded me of our journey and walk of freedom from the addiction. To reach the ultimate freedom, we take a step at a time, one day at a time, and one decision at a time to stay free!
The goal is freedom....one step, one day at a time...we will arrive!

Devotional from Streaming Faith Daily Devotional at streaminfaith.com...an email devotion Link is for opt in to subscribe
http://visitor.constantcontact.com/optin.jsp?m=1101655387162

Saturday, July 14, 2007
Pressing on Towards the Goal

Ruth McCowan
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Philippians 3:14 - "I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus"

The first year that our family went to Hurricane Ridge, none of us made it to the top. Some members made it closer to than others but all of us fell short of our goal. However, last year all of us could proudly say that we did it and we have pictures to prove it.

But for me, it was another spiritual experience. As I was nearing the top and my energies were nearing the empty point and I really felt like saying, "you guys go on, I'll wait for you here". I looked behind me and there was a couple who were probably in their seventies who were keeping a nice steady pace. I realized that if they could do it, I could do it. So from that point on, I knew that I was going to make it to the top by putting one foot in front of the other and keeping a nice steady pace.

It was another time that I was reminded that although our journey may get difficult at times, we will make it to our goal by putting one foot in front of the other. God is with us and together we can do it!

Prayer: Thank you, Lord, that you are with us on our journey and that you have called us heavenward in Christ Jesus. Amen.

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: