quit smoking support @ woofmang.com
people helping people beat the addiction to nicotine

help support our communityDonate FAQFAQ SearchSearch RSS FeedRSS Feed MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

overcoming addictions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
katrina

Quit Date:
July 26, 2007

PostPosted: July 16, 2007 10:17 AM    Post subject: overcoming addictions Reply with quote

Hi my name is Katrina and this is the first attempt I am making in regards to cigarette smoking. I am in recovery where I attend N.A meetings and have been clean a number of years from drugs. It all started with cigarettes then alcohol then drugs I was homeless and went through hell however now I am employed at the very detox and rehab that I was in, so with God's help I hope to battle this too I have been smoking non stop for over 30 years so I'll see how this goes heard alot of good things about it!!!!!!!
jlynn931

Quit Date:
September 22, 2016

PostPosted: July 16, 2007 10:52 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome katrina!
congrats on all you have overcome already! this site is an excellent resource for quitting smoking. this is possible. take it one second, minute, hour, day at a time. whatever works for you!

jenny
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 16, 2007 11:05 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Woofmang, Katrina!

The knowledge you have about overcoming addiction with the drugs will help in the process of breaking free from the smoking...which is an addiction to nicotine.

There is a free online quit smoking program at www.ffsonline.org It's sponsored by the American Lung Assoc and most of us here have done the program. Also, another site filled with valuable information is www.whyquit.com It has so many articles on quitting, the effects, relapse prevention, etc.

Quitting isn't necessarily easy, but it's very possible. It's one day at a time....making the choice to stay free. And it is a choice whether to light up or not.

Everyone here is wonderful and so supportive. Again welcome!

Hugs

Living in Freedom
Deb

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come. 2 Corn 5:17 NASB
pinkpearl

Quit Date:
June 30, 2007

PostPosted: July 16, 2007 1:24 PM    Post subject: Re: overcoming addictions Reply with quote

katrina wrote:
Hi my name is Katrina and this is the first attempt I am making in regards to cigarette smoking. I am in recovery where I attend N.A meetings and have been clean a number of years from drugs. It all started with cigarettes then alcohol then drugs I was homeless and went through hell however now I am employed at the very detox and rehab that I was in, so with God's help I hope to battle this too I have been smoking non stop for over 30 years so I'll see how this goes heard alot of good things about it!!!!!!!

This is a great site, keep visiting,
there are some wonderful people here,
and there is alot to read.
Hope you stick around-
You can do it!

My avatars name is moon ray
alleghany

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 16, 2007 2:20 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome!

What, imo, sets this addiction apart is the immense way it is so socially acceptable. For instance, on any given day if you go by a courthouse you will most likely see folks outside smoking. Can you imagine seeing them cracking open a six pack there?

Congrats on your choosing feedom! Cool

Face your fears.
Quit date: June 6, 2004
Mary Dude

Quit Date:
June 15, 2004

PostPosted: July 16, 2007 2:24 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can do it....go for it!!!

Mary D.
Smoke-free one day at a time!
Worry doesn't help tomorrow's troubles, but it does ruin today's happiness!
katrina

Quit Date:
July 26, 2007

PostPosted: July 16, 2007 4:03 PM    Post subject: thanks to all Reply with quote

thank you everyone for your words and kind wishes of inspiration this is day one and I am still smoking so all is okay right now but one minute at a time as Jenny said. Alot of nice comments thanks to all Katrina
Seabrez

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 16, 2007 4:23 PM    Post subject: Re: thanks to all Reply with quote

katrina wrote:
this is day one and I am still smoking

Question....Is today your quit day or will the 26th be your quit day?

Generally, as a rule, we set the quit date as the first day of the quit that we do not actually smoke any longer. It is good to set a firm date when one will commit to being smokefree from that day forward. Being smokefree is possible taking it one day at a time...each morning making the choice to not smoke for today...and again the next morning.

May I suggest reading Kevin's Tales....top of the webpage is a link to "the tales" ...he nails this addiction with such wisdom and good sense.

Set a firm date and join us in the freedom of choosing to never take another puff!

Hugs
nichole

Quit Date:
April 14, 2007

PostPosted: July 16, 2007 6:47 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Katrina!

Welcome!! You are in great company here. This is a wonderful and supportive bunch of people. You've made such an important decision to quit!! Post often on your progress and please come to the boards for encouragement! We're behind ya!! Very Happy Very Happy

~nichole
katrina

Quit Date:
July 26, 2007

PostPosted: July 16, 2007 9:01 PM    Post subject: first day Reply with quote

Good point on picking a day well... today I took the first pill from my understanding on the fourth day you take two doses then I guess a week after taking the first of the pack is when you should not smoke so perhaps the 23rd of July??? Is that right? I'll have to re read the instructions. thanks again to all Katrina
essie662

Quit Date:
April 14, 2004

PostPosted: July 16, 2007 10:02 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, Katrina Smile

Essie
4/14/04
kevin
Site Admin

Quit Date:
-

PostPosted: July 16, 2007 11:10 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome again, katrina; glad you got it all figured out! Smile

keep choosing life!

kevin

the zen of the quit
Patty129

Quit Date:
February 18, 2007

PostPosted: July 18, 2007 7:06 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Katrina and welcome.....I am also in recovery from alcohol/drugs and have been for close to 23 years.....I smoked for 48 years. Not smoking has been the hardest fight of my life.....but as the wonderful people on this board will attest, it is do-able. I hope you will stick around and help us and be helped as you start your jouney to a more complete wellness.....this will give you one more piece of credability to add to the arsenal of tools you use in helping others end their dependence on alcohol and drugs......I look forward to getting to know you better......Patty
Rusty

Quit Date:
December 13, 2004

PostPosted: July 18, 2007 7:27 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Katrina, sounds like you are on Chantix. If so, you should follow the directions and if you have any questions, check with your doc. I have heard that they have a terrific support site also. Congratulations on beginning your journey!

Rusty Very Happy

The Buddha says: Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    quit smoking support @ woofmang.com Forum Index > inspirations All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: